DNice26

Happy to be here...
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Was just thinking about this and figured I'd ask what everyone else is OC about.

I'm about to put on a Nike polo and wear an Under Armor hat.......and it's kinda driving me crazy.....lol.....:banghead:

Think I'm gonna change my shirt, as I need to buy a white Nike hat! lol

What are you OC about in this funny game?

Last edited:
OCD about clubs being in the designated sections of the 5-way top bag.

OCD about clubs being in the designated sections of the 5-way top bag.

Guilty there too...even worse with the Ogio silencer and a slot for each stick.

This is a fun idea for a thread. I’m not too ocd; definitely clubs in their right slot but that’s to make sure they’re all accounted for.

I mismatch brands on a regular basis, do try and get a good color combo though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right now it's the irons have to progress in order. No skips

I cant have a 3 iron with no 4 iron. It also is slightly messing with my head for hybrids.

Right there with you on the cross brands but only the major sports brands (Nike, Adidas, UA, Puma). If I'm wearing Nike shoes it has to be a Nike polo with it but I'm not bothered if I'm wearing random different brand trousers.

Clubs have to be in their slots, outfit has to be somewhat coordinated (can't have stone coloured trousers, black top and white shoes with a blue hat aaaaarrrrrgghh)

For me it is all of them in the right spot, I could go blind and tell you what each club is because they are always in the same spot in the 14 way top bag. The other thing is cleaning, I have to clean my clubs up after every round. Wiped off after every shot.

For me it is all of them in the right spot, I could go blind and tell you what each club is because they are always in the same spot in the 14 way top bag. The other thing is cleaning, I have to clean my clubs up after every round. Wiped off after every shot.

Cleaning my clubs after each round is a must. Not just brush the grooves either. Water, brush, and towel every time

Head covers and bag colors have to be a good match. Also, wipe off iron and wedges faces and use a tee to get dirt or sand out of the grooves after every shot.

Clubs in right slot (more so I know I have them all though)
Clean clubs after round
Clean ball before teeing off on next hole

and outfit has to match..... but I don't think that's OCD, that's just common sense IMO :)

I'm OCD about almost everything, but my biggest one is that I cannot and will not tolerate clubs tangling in the bag. If it happens even once I'll buy a new bag on the drive home.
Not sure why it bothers me so much.

Cleaning my clubs after each round is a must. Not just brush the grooves either. Water, brush, and towel every time

Me too! Keeps my clubs like new. They have to be in the right spot in the bag as well.

Ohhhhhhh, where do we begin...

Like others, clubs in right spot, cleaned after every round, and my headcovers must be coordinated with my bag--not necessarily all the same headcovers, but style and colors must go well together and compliment the bag (almost always a combination of black, grey, and red).

What's in my pockets during the round matters. No wallet, phone, etc. A few tees in right front pocket. Ball marker and ball (the one I'm playing, not an extra) in the left front pocket. Glove goes in left rear pocket when off.

I refuse to hit a wedge with a glove on. I must have that grip feel in my fingers.

Some sky marks permanently damage the club to my OCD eye. I've gotten rid of clubs, or traded them in with a bonus, just because I put a mark on the crown I cannot stop looking at. For example, I had a big scuff on the toe part of the crown of a Rogue Heavenwood last year, but because they were still doing the trade-in bonus, I traded it in towards a new one, taking the $60 hit just to remove that evil from my eye--now I've learned how to buff many of them out to a satisfactory level.

A hat with sweat stains is trashed, which is why I wear almost exclusively TM B-Bahamas hats because they are essentially stain proof, especially if you run the bill under water when you get home.

It drove me nuts that my CBX gap wedge was a satin finish while the rest of my irons and my SW/LW were chrome, so I traded it...

There are probably a lot more OCD idiosyncrasies I'm forgetting.

I prefer wood golf tees. It's an organic, the way things were meant to be thing. Pride Citrus Mix painted neon green, pink, and orange are my OCD quirk. They get me fired up for every tee shot. I go out of my way to stock my bag with them.

I may or may not have just put a layer of Collinite Metal Wax on my Apex MB's. And I Scotchbrite & gun oil my raw wedges to keep them from rusting. Polished steel rules.

White wooden tees only...no exception. Pants: Left front pocket: ball mark, divot repair tool, tees, my handkerchief and an extra ball. Right pocket: another extra ball. Wallet and car keys in one particular pocket in the bag. Cellphone in another particular pocket, and must be off (Although I’m retired and never expecting a call/text, I’ll check phone at the turn). Cart pocket: range finder and 2 towels, white, black or dark green. And clubs in correct slot. And 2 towels attached to the outside of the bag... Clubs cleaned (soap, water, dried) after every round (a must). OCD??? Just a bit...

Ohhhhhhh, where do we begin...

Like others, clubs in right spot, cleaned after every round, and my headcovers must be coordinated with my bag--not necessarily all the same headcovers, but style and colors must go well together and compliment the bag (almost always a combination of black, grey, and red).

What's in my pockets during the round matters. No wallet, phone, etc. A few tees in right front pocket. Ball marker and ball (the one I'm playing, not an extra) in the left front pocket. Glove goes in left rear pocket when off.

I refuse to hit a wedge with a glove on. I must have that grip feel in my fingers.

Some sky marks permanently damage the club to my OCD eye. I've gotten rid of clubs, or traded them in with a bonus, just because I put a mark on the crown I cannot stop looking at. For example, I had a big scuff on the toe part of the crown of a Rogue Heavenwood last year, but because they were still doing the trade-in bonus, I traded it in towards a new one, taking the $60 hit just to remove that evil from my eye--now I've learned how to buff many of them out to a satisfactory level.

A hat with sweat stains is trashed, which is why I wear almost exclusively TM B-Bahamas hats because they are essentially stain proof, especially if you run the bill under water when you get home.

It drove me nuts that my CBX gap wedge was a satin finish while the rest of my irons and my SW/LW were chrome, so I traded it...

There are probably a lot more OCD idiosyncrasies I'm forgetting.

Ha!!! Love it! We are nuts!

Agreed on the sky mark bit! If my clubs get scratched anywhere except the face, it drives me a bit bonkers. Bag chatter too.....especially since I tend to sell off equipment.

As for the hats, have you ever tried those sweat patches you can buy off amazon and stick them inside your hat? Might allow you to buy other hat brands.
Also, have you ever tried cleaning your hats in the dishwasher? I have and it really works great.

My clothes matching aren't a big deal but I have to have my clubs in the correct spot at all times. My only other quirk is I like to have 3 tees and my ball marker in my right pocket and divot tool in my left.

Clubs have a place in the bag

Crossing brands doesn’t bug me as much, but if I have a certain shirt one the hat brand matches or it’s a Callaway hat or a hat from a course I’ve played

I need my ball and my divot tool in the same pocket.

Divit tool, a couple of tees and my ball marker have to be in my right front pocket. If I don’t have a blue sharpie to mark my ball, it bugs me the whole round.

Mixing brands isn’t something that drives my crazy as I don’t have more than a few pieces from any one manufacturer.

I don't consider having a spot/pocket for each club, rangefinder, watch, billfold, keys, rangefinder, etc. to be OCD, it's just a way for me to not lose things or more easily find them at the end of a round. I've never even thought about mixing brands whether it's clothes or golf clubs. It's very common for me to have many different brands at the same time. Yesterday I wore a TM hat, Nike polo, Ping quarter zip, Adidas rain shell, Callaway pants, and Puma shoes.

I'm OCD about everything when it comes to golf. All of my clothes and shoes have to be coordinated; the color scheme of my headcovers has to go along with the bag; each club has its spot with 14 way dividers; I carry the ball I am playing and a spare in my right front pocket with exactly three tees, my ball marker and ball mark repair tool (if I break one of the tees during the round I replace it). Phone, keys and wallet are kept in a valuables pouch in the bag and never carried on my person. Any towels I bring along have to be neutral color or go along with the colors of my bag and headcovers. I never take more than one practice swing and I am strict about no noise or movement when getting ready to hit my shot.

Actually, I'm pretty OCD when it comes to everything in life! LOL

Golf related OCD

I have two big OCD things about golf.

First, I must keep headcovers and iron covers on my clubs at all times. I hate any scratches on my clubs. Really bothers me if the clubs scratch or shows marks.

Second, each club has to be placed in numerical order. So driver has to be first on the left and work my way thru with my sand wedge in the last spot on bottom right. Drives me crazy if someone borrows my clubs and they come back in different orders. Talking about my sons there.

Oh man, reading through this I realize I have a lot of the same ocd tendencies while playing. I really like individual club slots and they all have to be in order. I have specific tees, ball marker and divot repair tool I use each round and are all in specific pockets. Plus all my gear matches with a green (I’m going to have to get over this with all the new Bridgestone gear coming).

Man, I knew I wasn’t the only one!!!

Back