Callaway XR16 Driver Review Thread

Just everything I've spouted out thus far. I'm just still amazed and not 100% accepting.

That's awesome Nate. I'm hitting the course tomorrow, hopefully I have a good day too...

It's just ridiculous what my drives look like right now.

Your feedback on this is largely what made me pull the trigger. Can't wait to get this in hand.

Wow wow wow again! Have about 7 rounds w this driver and honeymoon is over and it still rocks!!! Missed 1 fairway today and was just smoking a solid fall back fade all day. This is the BEST combo I have ever played!! Love it

Wow wow wow again! Have about 7 rounds w this driver and honeymoon is over and it still rocks!!! Missed 1 fairway today and was just smoking a solid fall back fade all day. This is the BEST combo I have ever played!! Love it
Very cool. Nothing like finding something that works!

I played today and only missed 3 fairways, but was long all day!!! Loving his head matched with the UST Mamiya Elements Helium shaft!!! So stable and consistent in how it performs...

9 of 12 Fwys today. 2 misses ran out into bunkers in the Fwys. I'm running out of things to say.

Had a great driving round yesterday with the XR 16'. With the right shaft and setting, there's not a lot of bad things to say about the driver if any. Just wants to go straight and be long. The forgiveness for me on toe hits is where it shines for me. Nice draw back into play saved me a lot yesterday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is anyone using the stock red Speeder shaft or is everyone upgrading to a different shaft?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

9 of 12 Fwys today. 2 misses ran out into bunkers in the Fwys. I'm running out of things to say.

Still taking out that left side miss that you were seeing before?

Is anyone using the stock red Speeder shaft or is everyone upgrading to a different shaft?

I upgraded to a different shaft. With the number of shafts available at no upcharge, I'd recommend finding somewhere to hit different shafts and/or get fit. Lots of options available.

Stock 565 was too light. It is a perfect complement to the xr16 though.

Still taking out that left side miss that you were seeing before?

Yes sir. Was talking to Freddie about that very thing today. Line up left fairway, if it goes straight then great, if it cuts back then great. No fear of rolling it over now.

Yes sir. Was talking to Freddie about that very thing today. Line up left fairway, if it goes straight then great, if it cuts back then great. No fear of rolling it over now.

Fantastic, great combination you have there

I upgraded to a different shaft. With the number of shafts available at no upcharge, I'd recommend finding somewhere to hit different shafts and/or get fit. Lots of options available.

Interesting...I was told that only the XR16 Pro had the free shaft upgrade option.

Interesting...I was told that only the XR16 Pro had the free shaft upgrade option.

There's not a lot of options but there are some.

I'll have to look into this as I'm very curious about this driver but I think the stock shaft would be too light. And with the driver already being $350, really don't want to spend another $150+ on shaft.

I have the reg XR16 and had free upgrade to Fuji 665 (white shaft) and it pairs wonderfully w this head. See my settings in sig. FYI--SS 101-104 and avg carry 255ish+. This combo puts out a nice mid-high boring low spinning and hot hitting flight!

I'll have to look into this as I'm very curious about this driver but I think the stock shaft would be too light. And with the driver already being $350, really don't want to spend another $150+ on shaft.

I'd also recommend hitting the Pro. I hit both and ended up liking the Pro over the XR16. It's $50 more but there are a few more options for shaft upgrades.

This is literally the exact same approach I had today... Feels so good to feel so confident over the ball.

Long, long, long was what came out of today's round. 11 of 13 w/ Mr Tadashi today and this thing was on fire w/ the UST Elements Platinum. The comment I'll remember the most today is Freddie saying after my drive on 15, "I don't remember you being this long". Good feeling there.

Long, long, long was what came out of today's round. 11 of 13 w/ Mr Tadashi today and this thing was on fire w/ the UST Elements Platinum. The comment I'll remember the most today is Freddie saying after my drive on 15, "I don't remember you being this long". Good feeling there.

You missing center much? Curious how the forgiveness is for you compared to the Titleist and Srixon. Feel that the ball speed is staying up there on those mishits?

The set of upgrade shafts is limited vs. something like the Bertha (which commands a much higher price point), but there are a few in there. Basically if it's stock in another Callaway driver it will be in the list, plus a few others.

Got in another range session with mine today. Really starting to get comfortable with it. Enjoying a nice higher ball flight and good forgiveness. Still havent been able to get out for a 2nd round with it yet, but really looking forward to it. Just a great driver.

You missing center much? Curious how the forgiveness is for you compared to the Titleist and Srixon. Feel that the ball speed is staying up there on those mishits?

Much less side spin on the center misses than the other 2 now. Perfect example was the last hole yesterday, par 5 and I hit it on the toe. Ball went straight but just a tad right as you would expect on a toe hit. Hit the fairway but I expected it to be much shorter than my norm as I got down there. Not so much. Length was still out there. Amazing to me.

I bought this driver with the stock shaft but it just wasn't working out...granted I've never been a great driver hitter anyway. I do however have a fistful of shafts so I made my way to the driving range and just started going through them. Narrowed it down to 2 of them pretty quickly and then 1 made the final cut. I've NEVER hit a driver in my life that feels as well as this combo. At first I didn't like the "tinny" sound from the driver impact but after seeing the results I quickly changed my tune. I think in the end I essentially did a more expensive "fitting" of myself. Probably not the best way to go about things but I can honestly say this is the best driver/shaft pairing I've ever had and am excited to play this season with this combo!

Back