SHaft REG or STIFF? If my driver is stiff

gotafive

Reaction score
Handicap
So I am looking to get a 3W and had a question. If my driver was fitted and determined to be a "stiff" shaft, would my 3W also be considered for a Stiff shaft? Thanks

So I am looking to get a 3W and had a question. If my driver was fitted and determined to be a "stiff" shaft, would my 3W also be considered for a Stiff shaft? Thanks

Yes, that's what I would suggest....unless your swing speed was JUST on the line to being regular flex option with the driver.

Seems correct to me!

I would try out the 3W in both, and pick the one that works best for you.

if it's the same shaft, yes i think that's a good rule. but if it's a different shaft, it may not be since there is no standard for flex. one manufacturer's regular may play like another manufacturer's stiff.

If you miss left, you need something stiffer. If you miss right, you need something with more flex.

If you miss left, you need something stiffer. If you miss right, you need something with more flex.
In my experience, for the rh golfer, stiffer corrects some slice while a softer flex will correct some hook.

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

I've always been the opposite, the stouter the flex the more often I lose it left. I shafted my own woods, didn't tip trim the shaft in my 3 wood so it plays softer than my driver. Helps me launch it higher off the fairway, the trade off is its abit higher off the tee.

Depends -- if the same shaft, it's a good probability. If it's a heavier weight but same model shaft, it might be a regular. Depends on the flight you're looking for...

If you can launch a 3 wood well than you can use a stiff which will keep the ball on line better. If not you could try some tip stiff regulars. Also see a fitter because a lot is swing dependant and 3 wood can take a while to find the right fit.

Back