2016 Masters Preview - The Dean Has Spoken - THP Radio

thanks for all who have tuned in.

Just finished listening. JB I agree with your statement that Rory could run way with it, if his driver is on early. There are so many (as you guys discussed) who have a legitimate chance. But he's my pick.

Also Dean, you mentioned some water has been repositioned during the modifications throughout the years. I honestly can't picture that or recall hearing where it was done. Where was it?

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

These are changes going back a way, you know like 50-60 years. 15 used to be a creek in front of it, they made it a pond. 16 was the same with a creek, and now it's a spectacular par 3 with that water left. 6 had a stream short of the trap, which has been removed. 11 the pond short and left of the green was enlarged and cleared out as there was kind of an island of trees in the middle of it.

Just finished listening. Great episode guys. I enjoyed it. Agree with Dean, I think Rory's tourney comes down to his putter more than his driver. If his putter gets hot, I think he wins it. But right now, he seems to be lacking confidence with it, and on Augusta's greens, thats not good.

These are changes going back a way, you know like 50-60 years. 15 used to be a creek in front of it, they made it a pond. 16 was the same with a creek, and now it's a spectacular par 3 with that water left. 6 had a stream short of the trap, which has been removed. 11 the pond short and left of the green was enlarged and cleared out as there was kind of an island of trees in the middle of it.
Ok cool, I thought you meant recent changes. You know something like a creek bisecting the 18th fairway would make an otherwise fairly benign finishing hole a bit more interesting :D

Yeah, the course as it stands now is quite a bit different from the early years as you've indicated from what I've read.

Great episode. Day is the Vegas favorite and rightfully so at 6-1. Spieth and McIlroy are right behind him, then Bubba and Adam, then Phil, Rickie and DJ.

To my eye, McIlroy still hasn't figured out the course. He has club selection issues on a few holes and make some curious decisions. He's more than capable of winning but I don't see it this week.

I too love Justin Rose this week. If the putter is working for him, I think he gets it done barring a otherworldly performance from someone else.

Last edited:
I agree with one of JB's Masters picks.

#doomed

Almost time to get those picks in, here is your chance to have the breakdown from the Dean on all of the top players.

Finally showing up in my queue. Downloading now and plan to listen tonight.

Finally showing up in my queue. Downloading now and plan to listen tonight.

Thanks Misike. Let us know how much you disagree with the Dean.

Great listen. Still think Spieth will come out ahead to defend.

Ok cool, I thought you meant recent changes. You know something like a creek bisecting the 18th fairway would make an otherwise fairly benign finishing hole a bit more interesting :D

Yeah, the course as it stands now is quite a bit different from the early years as you've indicated from what I've read.

That is a fairly tough hole as is Rob, this linked article says that it plays 8th toughest so there are 10 holes playing easier. That elevation change from tee to green is 25 to 30 yards, the bunker on the left is in play for most drivers and the trees left and right can be penal. After 71 holes I think it is pretty stout as it. http://www.pgatour.com/news/2015/04/08/closing-time-augusta-national.html

11060964.jpg

Heading to download this now.

Thanks to those that took the time to listen. We are glad you guys enjoyed the show.

I listened today and it was another home run. Well done guys I throughly enjoyed it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoyed listening to the show.

Tiger's chip and Phil's shot are two of my favorite memories.

I like Na as a darkhorse as well and it was great when Dean picked bubba out from under JB

Enjoyed listening to the show.

Tiger's chip and Phil's shot are two of my favorite memories.

I like Na as a darkhorse as well and it was great when Dean picked bubba out from under JB
Haha yeah he didn't think so. Thanks for the listen.

Interesting note, no mention of any Bridgestone Staffers.....decisions decisions

Interesting note, no mention of any Bridgestone Staffers.....decisions decisions

And we talked about them before the show. I still think Sneds can play well here, because his putter is crazy good.

Haha yeah he didn't think so. Thanks for the listen.

You said he should have picked a different format instead of alternating picks.

How many times have you been to The Masters?

You said he should have picked a different format instead of alternating picks.

How many times have you been to The Masters?
1 day in 2008
2 in 2013

There is a thread on here with a bunch of my pics from that '13 trip.

I get goosebumps thinking about that crazy run with Kuchar and his dad on the bag. Another father son connection/dream at Augusta.

And we talked about them before the show. I still think Sneds can play well here, because his putter is crazy good.
That we did. Kuch has made some good runs here, but with his length I think everything needs to break right for him to win. Sneds always dangerous because of the putter.

That we did. Kuch has made some good runs here, but with his length I think everything needs to break right for him to win. Sneds always dangerous because of the putter.

But is it enough to send me jet setting off with the lifestyles of the rich and famous? Haha time will tell

But is it enough to send me jet setting off with the lifestyles of the rich and famous? Haha time will tell
Negative ghost rider...

I will disagree with the Dean here and say maybe. If you have a really solid other pick, its possible. Two players can be a great equalizer.

Back