Wilson Staff FG Tour PMP Wedges Review Thread

Tell us more about full shots. What kind of forgiveness do you see out the clubs? Are distances consistent on full shots?
Good question!
I can't report seeing any more or less forgiveness heel/toe/high/low than any other blade wedge that I've used. I tend to make contact just heel side of center when the face is square and closer to the toe when the face is open and those distances are very consistent.

I am seeing a higher flight than with the J40/Spinner combo as well as the W/S TC/KBS Tour combo, and they appear to have more stopping power as well. I am attributing that to the KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 shaft but perhaps it could partly be the head as well.

My last outing with these wedges was the first sign of a struggle with the 60* TOur Grind. I chunked and thinned a handful of easy chips/pitches that really messed up my score.

I'm going to get back to work, practice some more, and it was just a one-off and I'm back to normal tomorrow.

Well luckily my recent struggles seem to be just a blip on the radar and I was back to playing solid wedge play today. Scrambled for par a handful of times, many of them inside of 2 feet for stress free pars.
Golf is easier when your short game is working that's for sure.

Well luckily my recent struggles seem to be just a blip on the radar and I was back to playing solid wedge play today. Scrambled for par a handful of times, many of them inside of 2 feet for stress free pars.
Golf is easier when your short game is working that's for sure.
And a lot harder when it isn't! :bulgy-eyes:

You hit these great. I love the way they are wearing too. Nice gradient from blue to raw steel.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

And a lot harder when it isn't! :bulgy-eyes:

You hit these great. I love the way they are wearing too. Nice gradient from blue to raw steel.

Yeah the wear is starting to look great now that it's evened out a bit. I imagine there won't be much blue left on the bottom of the club in a month or so, but it will always be there up high for a cool worn two-tone look.

Yeah the wear is starting to look great now that it's evened out a bit. I imagine there won't be much blue left on the bottom of the club in a month or so, but it will always be there up high for a cool worn two-tone look.
My Cally copper wedges are doing the same thing. Pretty cool.

643bf2154e3878848e34b2b90d125434.jpg

My last outing with these wedges was the first sign of a struggle with the 60* TOur Grind. I chunked and thinned a handful of easy chips/pitches that really messed up my score.

I'm going to get back to work, practice some more, and it was just a one-off and I'm back to normal tomorrow.
Curtis, you should just ship that 60* to me before it really starts hurting your scores.

Picked up my new 52* wedge today. Cannot wait to give it a full round, just need the snow to stay away.

20160406_203331-768x1024_zpswx98tkeo.jpg

Rock Bottom Golf has the previous model for $60. I need a 52° so I might just purchase one.

Finally saw these in person, and man do they look amazing. Picking them up my first thought was "man these have some heft to them". Really wish I had held off a couple move weeks on my wedge purchase. I would have been coming home with a couple PMP in my bag otherwise.

I had a chance to be custom fit for one of these bad boys at the golf expo at Haggin Oaks Golf Club. Bryan (who I'm told a few of you got to meet in Chicago last year) from Wilson Golf was there and did a full bag fitting. Part of the deal, regardless of whether I bought a full set was a wedge. Since unfortunately a full set of irons isn't on the budget right now I'll have to settle for this.

It came today!

d4c9f606e633dd1a9f04958edc5df671.jpg

f8fe5a1e52c37b5f83ed6bf5e7f5e3bd.jpg

306f8a29661a180382be655dc784f500.jpg

5c631c48a435fc83acf9b86869a90b03.jpg

New finish on the market now. Here are the official release and my in hand photo. It looks really good and the wedge plays even better.

1eb215ee3e23d874fc6d2d46ceed4ee5.jpg
907c51bd88238eea6c17877e4b276680.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That looks really good!

That new finish is sick

We saw this finish at Staff Proto. It looks really good in person. Not quite gold, not bronze, not copper - just really unique.

New finish on the market now. Here are the official release and my in hand photo. It looks really good and the wedge plays even better.

Does it play better with or without the plastic? :alien:

We saw this finish at Staff Proto. It looks really good in person. Not quite gold, not bronze, not copper - just really unique.

That's exactly how I described it. Not quite gold. Not quite a true oil can. Looks great and is unique.

That looks amazing!!!

That's exactly how I described it. Not quite gold. Not quite a true oil can. Looks great and is unique.

Bring with if you're able to make it out tomorrow!

I like that finish. Anyone know if it wears to raw?

Bring with if you're able to make it out tomorrow!

Don't own it yet - that was from when I was talking with our area rep a few weeks back.

I'm looking to upgrade my wedges soon. These get first crack at my bag.

I like that finish. Anyone know if it wears to raw?

I want to say yes, but I don't recall. Maybe one of the other #StaffProto guys can help out.

These look amazing. I'm probably going to make the switch this upcoming season.

Back