2016 Grandaddy Of Em All - We Want You

Im not working on my game.
Instead Im working on my THPing.
My review skills
And my engagement

How is everyone's prep for this event going. We may be called internet golfers but I think we are golfers that stop by the Internet to share. So that means as golfers we should be out working on our games, fitness or mental approach.

We are not 'Internet golfer' golf is not played on the Internet. It's played on courses with clubs. So I hope those that are able have been working on their games. I do t care how you do it. Just work on getting that ball in the hole in fewer strokes than your opponent!

Prep is progressing. Trying to really concentrate on 100 yards and in. I am not a long hitter by any means, so my short game is crucial to good scores. Trying to put a lot of emphasis on enjoying my practice and playing time as well.

It isn't just prep for The Grandaddy. It is prep so I can be the best golfer I can be, and that is a goal whether I am fortunate enough to be picked for The Grandaddy or not.

My review skills
And my engagement

#Boom

Its the BIG picture people.

ENGAGEMENT IS KEY this year and I freaking ADORE that.

My review skills
And my engagement

I'd like to engage with one of those apple fritters.

How is everyone's prep for this event going. We may be called internet golfers but I think we are golfers that stop by the Internet to share. So that means as golfers we should be out working on our games, fitness or mental approach.

We are not 'Internet golfer' golf is not played on the Internet. It's played on courses with clubs. So I hope those that are able have been working on their games. I do t care how you do it. Just work on getting that ball in the hole in fewer strokes than your opponent!
I am not sure I prep for anyone event. Work on the game is constant. Everytime I go to the range or the course it is a chance to get better. I try to stay in competition and keep the game sharp at all time.

While I can't guarantee I will be play good or bad when I show up to an event (fowler yesterday as an example). I can guarantee I will have put the time and effort in to give myself the best chance to perform well.

Prep is going good, I'm playing at least twice a week and the other days I'm working on my short game or at the range. I struggled most of last month, but after getting back to basics and focusing on my setup, my game is starting to come around. It's amazing how little things like my setup affected my swing. This year I have also been working on being more engaged on THP and started to use twitter. I know that's not that big of a deal to most, but I haven't really used social media before so it's a learning experience. I'll be ready if I'm selected for #TheGrandaddy!

Ever since the Gauntlet last year the way that I approach golf and practicing golf has completely changed. I am more focused now on working on my trouble areas such as putting and short game. I take any chance that I get to stop by the putting green to work on things. I am putting inside a lot more with a mirror and am really enjoying the progress I have made. I now practice with a purpose because I know that THP has multiple amazing opportunities for some competitive golf. I really need to step my THP game up. I am following multiple threads and making sure to watch THP TV and radio as well as drop a line in a couple threads here and there. I plan on getting better.

All winter I've hit the gym and did swing drills inside. Currently working on better ball striking by hitting the range a few times a week and golfing a few times a week. I've also learned "Aimpoint" which has improved my putting.

Other than that, doing my best to keep up to date on THP and add value where I can while enjoying this great game.

It's in Palm Springs right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's in Palm Springs right?

We haven't announced any locations as of yet.
But Callaway ECPC is involved, so at lesst Carlsbad is known.

My review skills
And my engagement
I think a lot of people need to read, then reread this post. Then reread it again.

I'm working on some engagements with people from here on real life. hopefully playing with some dfw thp'ers in a few weeks when I'm down there

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

I am working on my engagement skills. Hoping I can have what it takes to get in this.

I think a lot of people need to read, then reread this post. Then reread it again.

And I say that not because I don't think people should practice. Just that I know half the country is under snow and I never want someone to be intimidated to enter the Grandaddy because they don't think they will be good enough.

I would rather have a bunch of guys that love THP and are excited to be there go and get whacked than I would a group of great golfers go there maybe win and not care about this community, be active, etc.

I love all golf talk however. And frankly I am not the captain, maybe Dan disagrees.

My review skills
And my engagement

pretty much the attitude I took going in to it.

I just found this in my golf bag. No clue where it came from. Good omen?
c102037ec398ecc417379ad7c0970ea1.jpg

And I say that not because I don't think people should practice. Just that I know half the country is under snow and I never want someone to be intimidated to enter the Grandaddy because they don't think they will be good enough.

I would rather have a bunch of guys that love THP and are excited to be there go and get whacked than I would a group of great golfers go there maybe win and not care about this community, be active, etc.

I love all golf talk however. And frankly I am not the captain, maybe Dan disagrees.

Absolutely not. I have my priorities for this team, and I hope the guys who join me on this incredible journey share the same vision I have.

I want the participants to use this opportunity to get the THP community involved in your game and golf experience so they can get to know you. That way when the live update threads are active in December, they know who is out there and will engage because they want to see our guys have a great time and enjoy all that is insane about the Grandaddy of em all.

Obviously I find events like this to be an incredible motivator for bettering a game, but I don't see it as a priority. We will enjoy a level playing field through the honest handicap system, and the fun that will be had will not be a reflection of how good we are before we arrive.

Engagement is a huge part of the 2016 Grandaddy.
Equipment is a huge part of the 2016 Grandaddy.
Everything else (like beating the Zoo Crew) is welcome to fall into place where it does, but I'm not even remotely concerned with that right now.

Captain Canadan I want you to know that I played 54 holes of golf on two new courses the other day and did not lose a ball. Swing is feeling good and even have a 2 man tournament next week. I will be ready if I somehow get selected for this life changing event.

Captain Canadan I want you to know that I played 54 holes of golf on two new courses the other day and did not lose a ball. Swing is feeling good and even have a 2 man tournament next week. I will be ready if I somehow get selected for this life changing event.

That's impressive for both you and the resilience of the ball, dude!

I hope you've been letting the forum know how the rounds are going and the effectiveness of the clubs!

Well said captain. I know I'm just doing what I normally do and try to do a little more when it comes to everything THP.

The game is there, now I just have to get back to The Effing Grandaddy of them all!

That's impressive for both you and the resilience of the ball, dude!

I hope you've been letting the forum know how the rounds are going and the effectiveness of the clubs!
I did post about it in the proper what did you shoot thread

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Absolutely not. I have my priorities for this team, and I hope the guys who join me on this incredible journey share the same vision I have.

I want the participants to use this opportunity to get the THP community involved in your game and golf experience so they can get to know you. That way when the live update threads are active in December, they know who is out there and will engage because they want to see our guys have a great time and enjoy all that is insane about the Grandaddy of em all.

Obviously I find events like this to be an incredible motivator for bettering a game, but I don't see it as a priority. We will enjoy a level playing field through the honest handicap system, and the fun that will be had will not be a reflection of how good we are before we arrive.

Engagement is a huge part of the 2016 Grandaddy.
Equipment is a huge part of the 2016 Grandaddy.
Everything else (like beating the Zoo Crew) is welcome to fall into place where it does, but I'm not even remotely concerned with that right now.

Well said, Captain

enhanced-buzz-15874-1352846289-8.jpg

2016 Grandaddy Of Em All - We Want You

Love the chatter today here!!

Grandaddy Prep is just like any other golf - play, practice, lessons, and my handicap continues to drop. Still have not attained my third golf goal for the year, but if past behavior is the best predictor io future behavior, it should happen.
I had an interesting discussion with another golfer at my club, talked about how much strength impacts golf. I know my flexibility needs work, and have been working on that, neglecting my strength training. I will be getting back into that.
And putting....

I LOVE LOVE LOVE reading, then rereading this post. Then I reread it again it's so awesome.

Back