What's your favorite format?

KEV

Proud 2018 The Grandaddy Alumni
Reaction score
Handicap
What's your favorite format to play during a round or event? Stroke play, match play, alternate shot, shamble, etc.?

I've really grown to love match play, especially singles. I had a battle tonight and I feel wiped out afterward but man it was fun. I love that one bad hole doesn't completely wreck your chances and how quickly momentum can swing.

How about you?

I love match play, and always enjoy a team game. 2 man best ball gives you both so that is my ultimate favorite. If paired with a big hitter, shamble can be a ton of fun.

Match play is a lot of fun and my favorite, but I rarely have anyone that wants to play that way. Groups I am with usually end up playing stroke play.

Match play is generally a great time. Shamble is fun time.

I love Match Play for 1v1.

In a 3 or 4 man group I freaking love a nice skins game with all the fixings (KPs on every hole, validations, steals etc).

I love Match Play for 1v1.

In a 3 or 4 man group I freaking love a nice skins game with all the fixings (KPs on every hole, validations, steals etc).

I enjoy a nice money game too but I don't think I've ever got that in to it with that many different options. I'm out of my league with you!

My favorite format is golf.

I just enjoy playing golf. Scramble, shamble, match play, stroke play, best ball, alternate shot. Can’t say I like one over the other.

I love match play, and always enjoy a team game. 2 man best ball gives you both so that is my ultimate favorite. If paired with a big hitter, shamble can be a ton of fun.

+1
AA.jpg

I really enjoyed my first go at Pinehurst but I want @M2Giles as my partner again

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Match play for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I actually just did a 2 man event which was perfect for early season. Front was 2 man scramble back 9 was better ball.

I am a pretty big fan of 2 man better ball. Love the USGA added that to the line up if you know I didn't suck at golf I would give it a shot.

What's your favorite format to play during a round or event? Stroke play, match play, alternate shot, shamble, etc.?

I've really grown to love match play, especially singles. I had a battle tonight and I feel wiped out afterward but man it was fun. I love that one bad hole doesn't completely wreck your chances and how quickly momentum can swing.

How about you?

Same, match play is so much fun, and such a great way to compete. It gets intense the closer to the end you get too.

Singles match play or two man scramble/shamble.

Same, match play is so much fun, and such a great way to compete. It gets intense the closer to the end you get too.

I was one down going in to the twelfth hole tonight and was definitely feeling the pressure! It's fun seeing how a person reacts in those situations even though it gets stressful.

Huge fan of match play alt shot. One hole doesn’t kill you but you feel the pressure on each and every shot with your partner relying on you.

Such a great format!

when its 2 vs 2 i like match play. i play with the same 4some regularly, 1 guy shoots in the high 70's my other buddy high 80's im high 90's and my other buddy low 100's. sometimes we play 1 vs 3 scramble.

Anything where you get to play your own ball

What's your favorite format?

I am in a 2 day tournament starting today. 2 man teams in flights of 6 teams. I have only ever done match play in such events, and love them. This year for some reason they have mixed it up. It’s now a stroke play event with 9 holes each of scramble, shamble, and alternate shot. Followed by 18 holes of best ball tomorrow. While I prefer match play I am really looking forward to this. It feels like the same format as a THP event. It’s just missing a few of the other aspects though...

I really enjoyed my first go at Pinehurst but I want @M2Giles as my partner again

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Overall I like match play better than stroke. Match play is out of the norm for me so I love every opportunity to play.

Pinehurst is such a blast. We dont say sorry.

I really liked the format and hope more people give it a try.

Singles were also a lot of fun. But pinehurst was my favorite. You and your teammate will have so many emotions its awesome.

I’m a big fan of pinehurst and alt shot. Lots of fun to be had there

Alternate shot, incredibly fun!!!

Modified Pinehurst is the most fun for me. The groans of alt-shot with a bit less stress off the tee.

I like Match play but really love Alternate shot!
My playing partners might disagree though:banghead:

I like Match play but really love Alternate shot!
My playing partners might disagree though:banghead:

Alternate shot is always a fun format. If you're in a match or event it can be such a game changer and turn the tides pretty quickly. Or it can go horribly wrong!

Back