2016 Masters Thread & Contest - Amazing Prize

Any speculation on what the cut line will be?

I suspect it will be around +3 or +4... Looks like the wind will be worse than yesterday and I expect some big numbers and if anyone throws up a solid -2 to -3 under they are golfing their ball today.

Can't say I agree. While I understand you really should look at clubs like Butler National with an equally great course that is mens only and won't change while doing nothing to grow the game. ANGC does a lot for golf.

I think there were a lot of issues with ANGC, and maybe there still are, but I think they're coming into the 21st century with the rest of the world now. And ANGC does a TON to grow the game of golf. Look at Masters week, Drive Chip and Putt, which is a HUGE thing, how many 7-10 year olds do you know that ever got a chance to play on national TV at one of the most famous courses? DCP give these kids a chance to do that. Look at the Par 3 tournament, you see the families following their husbands/fathers/boyfriends/brothers/grandads around the course, and getting to putt and in general have a blast. That event has some spectators, but it is very much an event for the competitors and their families and it is a silly event (silly fun, not silly stupid) that gives them a chance to goof off and hang. While the tournament is steeped in tradition, and a lot of formality, I look at it like this. For the best players in the world, this is the place where they can come pay their respects, and say thank you to the men who made this game what it is today. In 20 years when Tiger is hitting the ceremonial first tee ball, the young guys will have a chance to come say "Thank you, for making it possible for me to play golf, and make a great living at it, thank you for showing sponsors that having a golfer on staff is an investment worth making" because he's done a lot of that, he's not the only one, but he's one of the major factors in why these guys now are making $25 Million to wear UA and Nike etc. I think it's an awesome event, and I hope ANGC does more and more to help grow the game.

All depends how low Spieth goes. If he gets to -10 or more could be right around even par.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Headed into work a couple hours early so I could be home in time for the broadcast. Looking forward to throwing the stream on here in a couple hours, and hope the thread is as active today as it was yesterday.

After seeing Els butcher that first hole, all I could say is maybe Lucas Glover doesn't have the worst case of yips I ever saw. He only 5 putted while in contention last month (was it Bay Hill?), 4 from 4' and under.

All depends how low Spieth goes. If he gets to -10 or more could be right around even par.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Thought they added within 10 shots and including the top 50? So, what Spieth wont effect it like it use to. Though, I may be wrong on that, but thought that was the change last year or the year before.

I hate the Masters. As far as I'm concerned it represents everything bad about golf. Any person/organization who takes themselves so seriously just turns me off.

I'm a big baseball fan. As much as that game can be criticized for being stuck in the past, unwilling to change, and out of touch, the Masters just blows it away.

I'll pay attention as long as Spieth is in contention, but I seriously dislike the tournament.

I don't get it, why? Sure they are extremely exclusive & a bit controlling, but the way the players respect the tournament shows a lot to me.

Augusta National hosted the drive, chip & Putt there to start the week (Masters Week BTW) kids living the dream of going to Augusta to compete, a large majority of past champions return every year for the Champions dinner = respect, they are constantly making improvements to make the entire facility from Practice range to the course, to the Media Center(completed next year) so it is the best tourney venue in the world & doing all this spending tons of money for something that happens 1 week a year, they have traditions & stick with them can't fault them for that, sure some might be outdated, but it's there house, there rules.

Round 2!!

6278b12907fb8198c0a7256ab2076650.jpg

Yea. Some of those are just cruel

Looking forward to today. Interested to see how the guys who played awfully yesterday play today and to see if anyone can step up and put some pressure on Jordan.

Man this thread exploded yesterday. I wasn't able to follow it. As it was pretty busy at work.

After some early morning appointments. I'll be here chiming in this afternoon.

Really adds to the enjoyment of Tournament by following along with THPers

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

That pin location on 13 is... fun.

Does that pin on 9 make it on the bottom level or edge of the middle?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Does that pin on 9 make it on the bottom level or edge of the middle?

Hard to tell, but it looks the edge. Controlling the spin into that pin is always a must.

I hate that I can't be at home watching this today. Hopefully I'll be able to catch the end of the afternoon wave this evening.

Front right on 13 is always fun to watch. Just over hazard and then going long or left leaves a brutal putt down to the hole.

Really tough looking pins today

Wonder if Ricky and Bubba have plans to hang out this weekend. Not in Georgia
I'd say both guys were in shock with how they played. Feel bad for Rickie

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Hard to tell, but it looks the edge. Controlling the spin into that pin is always a must.

Should see some fun putts there today haha

It's not as tucked as some of the others, but 6 is a really tough pin too. That section of the green in the back right is probably 6-7 feet higher than the front left of the green. It'll be tough to fly a ball all the way back there and get it to stay below the hole.

Back