Ever wanted to give the game away?

I have taken a few days and I'm still not quite over it, but getting there.

I think golf exaggerates anything else going on ... And I'm kids stressed at the moment.

Got my standard comp game tomorrow, but I have my son's tournament on Saturday and then just going to get out on the course by myself Sunday arvo !!! Sooo looking forward to just playing for fun !!!

Thanks for the messages guys, it helps.

Sent from my Lenovo P2a42 using Tapatalk
That's golf. I've probably quit the game twice this year. My life sucks in so many other areas right now that golf adds to it rather than provides a break from it. Crazy thing is that I'm actually shooting lower scores. Hang in there.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

I understand totally that this game and its frustrations are relative at any level. And Im not trying to be mean nor rude.

But from one who has a whole world worth of time and money and blood and sweat efforts into this game for many years and struggle mightily to just play sub 90 golf I really can only offer that you should feel very lucky and fortunate that your a 5 cap and living in such a tiny percentile of players. Heck your even in a percentile that is a smaller one than the already small percentage of darn good players.

While I get the frustration and know its relative I cant be too sympathetic towards the crying of wanting to quit. Not after all I been through (which is a mountain of which you have no idea) can I offer you a pat on the back. Please don't take it personally but Im not breaking out the violins. You really should consider feeling so fortunate to be a 5cap. Something that most people (even those who work their tails off and spend a ton of time. efforts, and money) cant sniff.

Don't think of this as an insult or attack but rather a "what are you really so down about" ... and an..."are you kidding you want to quit" because from my view your one the very lucky ones. So imo get over it and start appreciating how truly fortunate you are to be as good as you are. I hope that helps.

I am close right now, it makes my cry just to think about it.

I played a Pro-Am yesterday, was three down with 3 to play and finished bogey (three putt) - wipe - bogey. To finish with 30 points. 34 won the day.

I just can't keep it together, am hitting the ball as well as ever, but my short game has desserted me. I'm standing over simple shots and my anxiety is just off the charts. I do the tough shots but then miss 4 foot putts. (I missed 2 greens badly from middle of fairway 100 out)

Being my lowest handicap ever (5) I just can't handle it and am putting myself under so much pressure.

Any suggestions on how to get the love back, before I quit for good.

I'm absolutely with you in feeling the pressure and succumbing to it all too often. My issues are in any round, doesn't have to be a higher pressure situation like the pro-am you played in.

Just last Friday, I had an 18" eagle putt on 18. I made the putt but I darn near pushed it wide. It barely caught and toilet-bowled itself in. That's just an example of the depths of my potential choking as of late... an 18" putt is not a gimme for me.

I'm a pretty solid ball striker and a good putter at distance during play. The closer I am to the hole, the worse I get. Purely a stage-fright issue as I call it during play because on the practice green, I'm ridiculously solid on the shorter putts by comparison.

BUT...

No, it has and never will chase me from the course. I love to go low, crave it. But playing, just being out there, is my nirvana. Score is important but it's never been what's most important to me.

I understand totally that this game and its frustrations are relative at any level. And Im not trying to be mean nor rude.

But from one who has a whole world worth of time and money and blood and sweat efforts into this game for many years and struggle mightily to just play sub 90 golf I really can only offer that you should feel very lucky and fortunate that your a 5 cap and living in such a tiny percentile of players. Heck your even in a percentile that is a smaller one than the already small percentage of darn good players.

While I get the frustration and know its relative I cant be too sympathetic towards the crying of wanting to quit. Not after all I been through (which is a mountain of which you have no idea) can I offer you a pat on the back. Please don't take it personally but Im not breaking out the violins. You really should consider feeling so fortunate to be a 5cap. Something that most people (even those who work their tails off and spend a ton of time. efforts, and money) cant sniff.

Don't think of this as an insult or attack but rather a "what are you really so down about" ... and an..."are you kidding you want to quit" because from my view your one the very lucky ones. So imo get over it and start appreciating how truly fortunate you are to be as good as you are. I hope that helps.
Man I totally get this, and thanks.

I am one of those people who forgets how good I am Because I only see how much better I could/should be.

It's one of those games where no matter how good you are you can never say you've beaten it.

Its actually that bit that I love about it.
We all remember Bryce last year right, having a meltdown on the range.

I love this game, I really do. Just something snapped last week. Taking a step away, done deep breaths and reading the comments here have really helped me understand.

There is so much more to this than score.

My boy (9) is just getting into it I can see that he can have fun and not care about score.

Actually it's changing the way I think I'll approach being his caddy this week, I'm just going to encourage him with high fives and laughs no matter what he scores.

THP rocks !!!

For me, the golf swing is art. I don’t think about mechanics, body positions or any other technical mumbo-jumbo that you read in golf magazines. I think about being 12 years old again and having contests with my buddies where we would try and land the ball in a specific spot. “ Hit it over that bunker and make it roll toward that middle tree”. We would keep track of shot outcomes....not the score. I never look back on a round and think, “Boy, that par on #16 was awesome”. I only think about the feeling of ripping that drive that gently faded around the fairway dogleg just like I wanted it to. Or the 9 iron that bounced into the false front and popped up onto the green and rolled 25 feet....just like I wanted it to. I still do this 45 years later and my enjoyment of the game never wanes. Golf is a game about where the ball lands (and it eventually needs to land in the hole). The score is just the way we determine who was best at making it land where it should.

You have now become my spirit animal.

Back