1st Contest - The 2016 Grandaddy of Em All - The All Expenses Paid Trip of a Lifetime

For those that have been, what was your favorite part of the whole Grandaddy experience?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1.) Leading up to the event i had a million questions about my flight and my hotel and what should i bring and what kinda cash should i bring and are there any golf things i would need and the list goes on. Realizing right away that i didnt need to bring a single thing except my phone (and external charger) for posting was literally it. Callaway took care of everything and more. Its seriously a sit back and enjoy heaven.
2.) Team dinners were so cool. finally getting to talk face to face with the guys going through this journey with you is something special. I dealt with guilt a lot leading up to the event and finally being able to enjoy the excitement with the guys getting the same treatment was very very relaxing and a big sense of relief
3.) Im an equipment junkie so to me the clubs are freaking awesome. I love my bag, i love all of the swag we got with our logo patch on it.
4.) Zoo Crew. Something about that group helps you restore faith in people. May sound crazy, but now a days its rare to find people like them and to find a whole group like that is so rare
5.) Hideaway. I mean this when i say it, the greatest place on earth for a golfer.

Sorry for the long answer, but its impossible to come up with just one answer to your question. And im leaving a ton out

I love how he pointed out that there is just so much involved with the event that you cant buy. Anyone can go buy all the gear, but you cant buy what that gear means. You cant just spend the day at ECPC and have lunch with the big brass of Callaway Golf, tour of Callaway HQ, Hideaway... the list goes on

You can't just give Mickleson a head nod while awaiting your fitting, unless you are at The Grandaddy.

No way I could pick just one part of trip as a favorite. There was something special about being on the range at The Hideaway before the first round however:

-The absolutely perfectly manicured grounds
-your brands new clubs that still had plastic on
-the gentleman cleaning your club before you could put it back in the bag
-JRod passing out additional swag
-the mountains in the distance
-seeing the grins on the faces of the #ZooCrew were just as big as our own
-meeting the caddies

I could go on and on.

I can't imagine stepping up to the first tee with those mountains in the background, something I would love to experience!

You can't just give Mickleson a head nod while awaiting your fitting, unless you are at The Grandaddy.

I didn't get to see Phil there because at the time I was in a bunker with Roger Cleveland....yeah that's pretty freaking cool in its own right

I think I would be at a loss for words. These experiences sound so freaking awesome.

Finally back home and able to sit and listen to these. Great radio podcasts.

Harry: Sausage/Onion, Better Call Saul, Respectful driving, all winners with me.

Darth Finley: Chicago food = winner but ketchup on dogs is EVIL. And those two answers do not coexist.

Thanks for making this the criteria for the first contest as I will now be listening to THP Radio!

After listening to THP Radio and watching Callaway Live episodes, it's hard to imagine not loving the opportunity to be in this event. How can you possibly deny the excitement, passion, and commitment of either organization.

For those that have been, what was your favorite part of the whole Grandaddy experience?

Like others have said, so many things stand out for me. The whole experience was and still is incredible and mind blowing. Here are couple for me and I might be rehashing some of what has already been said:

1. After months of getting ready, meeting the rest of the team at the hotel as each guy arrived one by one. Started out as a small group in the hotel bar, got bigger and the laughter got louder. It was a reminder that only Callaway and THP could bring guys from all over the country together for such an incredible event.
2. Getting to meet each member on the Zoo Crew and realizing that they are just like us. Their enthusiasm and passion for Callaway, golf, for us is contagious and amazing to be around even for a guy who is normally reserved like myself.
3. At the ECPC and getting to try all type of gear, learn more about the gear and having one of the best fitters work with me.
4. Having Ethan walk up onto the range the first day of the Hideaway and drop off a few of Phil's experiments for me to demo.
5. Everything about the Hideaway. No course compared before and none have compared since.

After two years of following this it still blows my mind to just think about this event and how amazing it must be for everyone involved! The Mother F-ing Granddaddy of them all!

d6e37b43a0d581297c164cfc730bb6d6.jpg

My entry is about to be sent in......got my answers ready and just double-checking to make sure they are right

Someone is going to be blown away in a few days and have their golf life changed forever

1st Contest - The 2016 Grandaddy of Em All - The All Expenses Paid Trip of a Lifetime

Thanks to TheGrandaddy veterans for those awesome answers and info!

Just when you think you couldn't possibly be MORE exited about this, someone reminds you that you really have no clue and the excitement just builds and builds!!!!

If you look up epic in the dictionary, it should just say #TheGrandaddy with links to the threads.

It's hard to explain, and even harder to stop trying to explain haha!

Just imagine a spot on the Grandaddy, trying to explain exactly what THP and Callaway are doing for a group of golfers. I've done it a few times now (like.. 30ish), and most of the time I get a fairly bewildered stare and a laugh.

I think until it's experienced, the Grandaddy is just one of those life experiences that cannot be adequately weighed and measured until you've lived it.

I always get, 'oh man, that's awesome', 'are you serious' no one can believe the generosity of Callaway!

It's hard to explain, and even harder to stop trying to explain haha!

Just imagine a spot on the Grandaddy, trying to explain exactly what THP and Callaway are doing for a group of golfers. I've done it a few times now (like.. 30ish), and most of the time I get a fairly bewildered stare and a laugh.

I think until it's experienced, the Grandaddy is just one of those life experiences that cannot be adequately weighed and measured until you've lived it.

I have talked about it to work colleagues, and even to people that don't play golf themselves but still enjoy watching it, they can't believe what is actually involved and that is without giving them the full run-down from previous event threads

So many, many...

Meeting my teammates and being together for the first time at the Sunday team dinner.

Pulling into ECPC.

Getting fit and watching my teammates get fit. Having Roger Cleveland look up at you from a bunker and say "grab a club and get down here for some tips".

The bus ride to the desert with the zoo crew.

Pulling into The Hideaway and seeing everything for the first time. The locker room, sliders, our clubs lined up and ready to go, the first (actually all of them) hole.

Just sent in a correction for one of my answers...hopefully that works! :banghead:

Is it the 10th yet!?!!

Thanks to my best man, I have this in my man cave...ready for 2016!
You chose very well when selecting your best man obviously!!! That is awesome.

Finally was able to sit down, listen and enjoy THP radio interviews. And then complete my entry (hopefully 100% correctly). So pumped for this. The chance to meet for THPers, form a life long bond with a special group of people and play golf at one of the most exclusive clubs is beyond exciting.

Maybe I missed this but just to be clear are both courses of the hideaway utilized or do we play one or the other?

Every time I see this thread I get excited about the possibilities!

As mush as I try to convince people how amazing THP, Callaway, and the Grandaddy is, I am always met with skepticism because I am relaying information from others (having not experienced it myself):

"That can't be a real thing" - It is. Awesome THP'ers get to experience it.
"Well there certainly must be a catch to the whole thing" - there isn't, other than every other member waits in anticipation for reviews, thoughts, and picture after picture.
"They can't possibly custom fit all that gear and get it to play the next day" - well they do, and it looks freeking awesome!

Back