Need a recommendation for a new rangefinder

i’m going to buy it today. decision made!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I look forward to hearing what you have to say on it. I am specifically interested in the club selection technology.

I look forward to hearing what you have to say on it. I am specifically interested in the club selection technology.

too funny, i actually won't use that feature at all. arccos caddie already does that for me.

too funny, i actually won't use that feature at all. arccos caddie already does that for me.

I don’t/haven’t used Arccos, so excuse the question. But why do you need a rangefinder if you have Arccos Caddie? Doesn’t the caddie version tell you distances? Or have you found it to not be as accurate?

I don’t/haven’t used Arccos, so excuse the question. But why do you need a rangefinder if you have Arccos Caddie? Doesn’t the caddie version tell you distances? Or have you found it to not be as accurate?

Unlike a real caddie, the Arccos caddie has no idea where the hole is located.

Need a recommendation for a new rangefinder

it’s a very valid question. interestingly i use the laser far less now that i have arccos.

but i still have times i want one. the caddie helps me see the hole layout and get yardages to certain targets. it has some elevation info, and also tells me what clubs i should hit based on accuracy and distance.

so in my mind i want to know hole layout with targets (caddie) exact distance to pin with slope adjustment (laser), and front/middle/back info. i also love the arccos data and never want to give that up.

decision made

88865d5f7d624a8d34245f125828933f.jpg

heading to a little par 3 course with my kids. will put it to the test and report back in the appropriate thread.

thanks for everyone’s input!

Since it seems the op wants a rangefinder from one of the big 2 makers, I'd say the biggest difference between the 2 is how do you want confirmation confirmation that you're shooting the right target, now I haven't researched these devices lately but the Leupold only gives an audible lock if the flag has prisms where as the Bushnell jolts

Since it seems the op wants a rangefinder from one of the big 2 makers, I'd say the biggest difference between the 2 is how do you want confirmation confirmation that you're shooting the right target, now I haven't researched these devices lately but the Leupold only gives an audible lock if the flag has prisms where as the Bushnell jolts

i’m the op and i would disagree a little with this. garmin had my attention but the feedback thread turned me off for various reasons. nikon was interesting until i tried it in a store and the display was way too busy and just had an odd look when stabilized.

the disrupters don’t interest me because i tend to put more credence in tried and true companies. right wrong or indifferent, that’s my preference.

so that narrowed it to bushnell and leupold, both of which i’ve owned in the past. i held both in the store, and much preferred leupold. so i went that route. it doesn’t hurt that others in the thread have said leupold optics/glass are considered the best.

Bushnell Pro XE. Received and used it on Tuesday. Absolutely love it! Clear bright display with easy lock. The jolt, elements and magnet. Are great features! So glad I have this!!!

decision made

88865d5f7d624a8d34245f125828933f.jpg

heading to a little par 3 course with my kids. will put it to the test and report back in the appropriate thread.

thanks for everyone’s input!

Not sure how many times you have been able to use this, but what are your initial thoughts on it?

Not sure how many times you have been able to use this, but what are your initial thoughts on it?

fantastic! i was able to adjust the focus on the viewfinder and now the images are extremely crisp. also able to turn off the club selector, so the display is not cluttered at all. targets are captured very quickly. just a couple modes i still want to mess with, but all in all it's been excellent. obviously not cheap, but the price on pgatss was good enough to push me over the edge.

This thread is helping me a lot, I just sold my bushnell pro x2 tonight & trying to decide between 3 that have been mentioned in this thread. I have owned the Leopold gx4i in the past & wish I had never sold it. Size was perfect & optics were great. Even though I just sold a bushnell something about the pro xe's elements feature & 7x magnification is very intriguing. Is 7x that much better than 6x? I did get to try jman's last month & the optics were better than the x2 pro's plus the magnet is really cool. Just not sure about its size. Nikon also has my attention but I have not tried one. Any other info to help sway my decision that hasnt already been mentioned? Leaning towards going back to a Leupold

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Back