Need a recommendation for a new rangefinder

I think the NX7 line is $40 off thru Father’s Day as well. $229 for a top of the line range finder.

I think the NX7 line is $40 off thru Father’s Day as well. $229 for a top of the line range finder.

Plus they have a THP discount code (HACKERS) for another $20 off if you buy direct from Precision Pro.

I'm enjoying the Garmin Approach G80 the fact that it is a launch monitor also really sweeting the deal.

I bought the NX7 non slope last year after I returned a tec tec tec that wouldn't get yardage from 50 yards. These were my first rangefinders. I have used it for a hundred rounds or so. It works quite well and the results are fast, maybe a second. I was playing Wolfdancer last week when the carts gps went down on the sixth hole. I was playing with with my buddy and a random and both of them were impressed with the NX7. Kind of wished I had slope then but my home course is flat and didn't make sense at the time, when this one breaks I'll get the slope version.

I tried to buy the Bushnell Pro XE using the 15% off at Budget Golf but it doesn’t work....??

I tried to buy the Bushnell Pro XE using the 15% off at Budget Golf but it doesn’t work....����

the old discount code 15OFFTHP has been disabled. new discount code is HACKERS15.

I like the size and functionality of the Nikon Coolshot 20, including it's holster style carry case. Not sure if this model is still produced but my guess is that Nikon still offers one of the Coolshot 20 model's relatively small size.

I tried to buy the Bushnell Pro XE using the 15% off at Budget Golf but it doesn’t work....

the old discount code 15OFFTHP has been disabled. new discount code is HACKERS15.

quick follow up, the old code did not work on the garmin, or any of the leupold products. but it did work on bushnell products. new code is the exact same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

First round today with the Nikon stabilized. Not all that impressed. I guess my hands must really be shaky. I’ll play with it some more just to be sure it’s not user error.

When I lost mine Chris, I was all in on buying an NX7 Slope. The fact that it's 200-300less than the bushnells and top line Leupolds is hard to ignore. Their NX9 is supposed to be out next month though so it might be worth waiting.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

When I lost mine Chris, I was all in on buying an NX7 Slope. The fact that it's 200-300less than the bushnells and top line Leupolds is hard to ignore. Their NX9 is supposed to be out next month though so it might be worth waiting.

something about the precision brand is offputting to me. i want to go with a stalwart, not a disruptor if that makes sense.

McLovin, Thanks so much! The code worked and I also didn’t have to pay tax. Thanks again!

And to Budget Golf. Thanks so much for taking care of us Hackers!

Last edited:
McLovin, Thanks so much! The code worked and I also didn’t have to pay tax. Thanks again!

don’t thank me. give budget golf some dap on social media. they’ve been amazing to this community.

don’t thank me. give budget golf some dap on social media. they’ve been amazing to this community.

#Truth

What’s the new ponder today?

Leupold is the best quality and has better customer service. The Callaway is made by Nikon and also has great quality. One of my Nikon rangefinders is from 2001 and still works perfectly. The Nikon optics are great as well - I just bout a Nikon Coolshot 40 for my daughter and I actually like the wider field of view over my Leupold GX3i3. I will never own a Bushell Product again, I’ve had 3 of their rangefinders and two of them failed in less than three years for no apparent reason. Their customer service was awful and condescending both times.

The Leupold is the only one that is waterproof and also the only one that will work in fog, for me the fog mode is a game changer as I play in early morning fog about 10 times each year and all the others will be worthless in those conditions.

I had a Bushnell Medalist from whenever they first started selling them (1998 maybe?) which I eventually replaced with a Tour V2 (or was it V3?) about 10-12 years later. I kept the Medalist to use for travel but finally gave it away a couple years ago because the lenses had gotten so scratched up and it had enough dust inside that it was getting hard to see through. Still worked fine although I think the maximum range had dwindled from 275-300 yards down to maybe 220 or so at best. And let me tell you, that thing was not babied. It spent the better part of a thousand rounds of golf riding around in the little mesh net on my speed cart, shoved in a pocket of a jacket or being handed around to other people back in the days before everybody had a laser. And it used a 9V battery, remember those?

I never liked the Tour V-whatever because it had the expensive batteries, which it burned through quickly and because the vertical form factor was harder to hold steady than the binocular style. I only used it for a couple of years before the image-stabilized Nikons hit the market and I switched. Sold the Bushnell on eBay and don't miss it.

I still like the two-handed format better but I must be the only one. That form factor is dead as the dinosaurs. My ideal rangefinder would be a Nikon VR with bigger lenses and a two-handed form factor. Oh that would be heaven.

Leupold is the best quality and has better customer service. The Callaway is made by Nikon and also has great quality. One of my Nikon rangefinders is from 2001 and still works perfectly. The Nikon optics are great as well - I just bout a Nikon Coolshot 40 for my daughter and I actually like the wider field of view over my Leupold GX3i3. I will never own a Bushell Product again, I’ve had 3 of their rangefinders and two of them failed in less than three years for no apparent reason. Their customer service was awful and condescending both times.

The Leupold is the only one that is waterproof and also the only one that will work in fog, for me the fog mode is a game changer as I play in early morning fog about 10 times each year and all the others will be worthless in those conditions.

bushnell’s customer service really turned me off too

It's really interesting to me as when it comes to good glass in hunting scopes Bushnell is considered cheaper and on the value end of the spectrum with Nikon considered slightly better. Leupold is toward the premium end of affordable scopes and the glass quality is noticeably better. I must have lucked out as I haven't had issues with my bushnell golf rangefinder but when it does die I'm interested in replacing it with a Leupold.

Are you guys trying to read the logo on a golf ball from 150 yards away?

Even the no-name cheapy rangefinders I've looked through seem to have good enough lenses to see a flagstick.

went to the golf store and did some very cursory “testing” with the nikon, leupold and bushnell.

i didn’t like the nikon at all. display was very busy, and the stabilized image was bizarre.

i didn’t really care for the bushnell pro xe either. size was fine, but something about it just didn’t justify the high cost.

so i think i’m going with leupold, probably 4 but could be swayed to 5. i hate that i’m forgoing the budget golf discount, but i think long-term i’d be very happy with either model.

went to the golf store and did some very cursory “testing” with the nikon, leupold and bushnell.

i didn’t like the nikon at all. display was very busy, and the stabilized image was bizarre.

i didn’t really care for the bushnell pro xe either. size was fine, but something about it just didn’t justify the high cost.

so i think i’m going with leupold, probably 4 but could be swayed to 5. i hate that i’m forgoing the budget golf discount, but i think long-term i’d be very happy with either model.

I have the 4, been trying to justify buying the 5, but can't do it yet because the 4 still works like the day i bought it. is the 5 an extra $100?

I have the 4, been trying to justify buying the 5, but can't do it yet because the 4 still works like the day i bought it. is the 5 an extra $100?

i love budgetgolf, but pgatss has the leupold 4 and 5 for much cheaper right now.

30479393a8b79eea775f9f0fa670f59a.jpg

d151f45763a3b9699fe4aac05ca81b51.jpg

i love budgetgolf, but pgatss has the leupold 4 and 5 for much cheaper right now.

30479393a8b79eea775f9f0fa670f59a.jpg

d151f45763a3b9699fe4aac05ca81b51.jpg

For $50 more I would definitely go 5.

For $50 more I would definitely go 5.

i’m going to buy it today. decision made!

i’m going to buy it today. decision made!

As a golfer you are welcome, to your bank account I apologize.

Back