Xcaliber Shafts - New Website

Thanks Plin. Well said. Also being able to "custom" tip allows experienced clubmakers to minimize/eliminate manufacturing tolerances which exist on any product made in the world. Thanks for your input. Greatly appreciated.

Hi Jim -
Without experience it's difficult for sure. There's an industry lack of specification measuring standards like an ASTM protocol which myself and a few others tried to do in the '90s but was shot down by a couple shaft companies who didn't want their true specs revealed, and most viciously by the OEMs... How can I help you? I have a data base of over 1200 shafts and routinely compare competitor shafts to other competitor shafts for club makers and golfers. I'm not allowed to market the Xcalibers but i can at least give you the true facts and you can decide.
R
Thanks - great information.
I guess the most common aftermarket shafts for irons might be Recoil (both OEM and proto) and Steelfiber. Comparison data for your Tour X versus those three would be interesting!

Hello Everyone from China -
Just wanted to say thanks for all the kind words and advice. I've got a LOT accomplished on this trip - some new VERY kule designs and innovations, making the existing designs even better and....well ya gotta wait for a couple surprises eh? I tell ya though I'm really looking forward to getting HOME!!! 2 weeks is enough here. And it's been a bit different being w/o gmail for days on-end (China doesn't allow anything Google nor associated w/ Google like gmail...) and obviously next time i'll have mail running through xcalibershafts .com. So again, thanks a lot and i'm looking forward to being a part of THP's wonderful Team as a sponsor and contributor to this wonderful game.
Robin

my time with the 6rt and tour sl led me to feel like the shafts play stiff to flex. looking forward to robin's thoughts.

Hi,

Did we get a reply from Robin about whether the Xcaliber Tour plays stiff to flex like the Steelfiber?

Cheers.

Yes they do play just a bit still. The 105 more so, the 85 a bit less. 95 is just a tad atrong.

Excellent thanks. I'm in New Zealand so I am going to send my swing stats through to Xcaliber and hopefully they can match me up. Looking at what I have researched here I might have a mix. I tend to hit my short irons a little harder so I am thinking the Tour X 95 in regular with 7 - PW hard tipped and 3 - 6 iron standard. Putting them in a set of TM RSi2 Would lke to look at the Wedge shaft to but it doesn't look like they have a fit for Vokey wedges which are taper .355.

Excellent thanks. I'm in New Zealand so I am going to send my swing stats through to Xcaliber and hopefully they can match me up. Looking at what I have researched here I might have a mix. I tend to hit my short irons a little harder so I am thinking the Tour X 95 in regular with 7 - PW hard tipped and 3 - 6 iron standard. Putting them in a set of TM RSi2 Would lke to look at the Wedge shaft to but it doesn't look like they have a fit for Vokey wedges which are taper .355.
The parallel tip can be sanded down to fit in the tapered hosel.

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

The parallel tip can be sanded down to fit in the tapered hosel.

Ok thanks. Also because I am lazy and haven't got the time to read through the whole thread(I'm at work), I have another quick question. Do the Xcaliber shafts come with the spine marked already?

Yes they are all spine aligned

Great. I sent Robin a PM in case the message I sent on the site has issues.

They are a bit slow responding to the messages on the site. Sent one 4 days ago and I really want to get matched up for a set so I can order this week. I am in New Zealand but time difference aside I would have thought the response might be a little quicker.

Ok as I am not getting a response from Xcaliber in a hurry someone here might be able to give me a lead on which flex I should be looking in the Xcaliber Tour X iron shaft.

All done today on a flight scope

Driver SS = 97 average (top 2 were right on 100)
7 iron SS = 83 average, average carry 157yds Launch = 22.3

54 years old so not getting any younger. I have a smooth transition. I like to work the ball both ways and as I play predominantly links type courses I do like to knock the ball down on demand.

Primarily moving to graphite to attend to some joint soreness after every game, particularly in Summer, we play all year round here.

I was thinking 95s in regular with my shorts irons hard tipped as I probably put a more "positive" strike on those.

I think a mix of 95 or even 105 in the short irons and 85 in the long irons will work out well. Keep the flex tip regular. I personally have stiff flex but go from 85 in the long irons 95 in mid and 105 in pw down to 125 in the wedge shaft.

Hey Mark, Robin is on the mend right now, not feeling very well. Not sure when he will answer emails.

I have a set of iron with mixed weights that I really enjoy playing. 105 in the wedges 95 in the mid irons and 85 in the long irons.

From your swing speed I think tipped R flex might work out pretty well for you. Personally I would buy two R flexes and experiment a bit.

I also have a full set of irons in the 85 gram shafts and I play an S flex but I tipped mine a half inch stronger and they are a spot on for me. My driver SS is 105-108.

My experience with these shafts is you almost can't go wrong with a weight you chose.

Hey Mark, Robin is on the mend right now, not feeling very well. Not sure when he will answer emails.

I have a set of iron with mixed weights that I really enjoy playing. 105 in the wedges 95 in the mid irons and 85 in the long irons.

From your swing speed I think tipped R flex might work out pretty well for you. Personally I would buy two R flexes and experiment a bit.

I also have a full set of irons in the 85 gram shafts and I play an S flex but I tipped mine a half inch stronger and they are a spot on for me. My driver SS is 105-108.

My experience with these shafts is you almost can't go wrong with a weight you chose.

Thank you very much. I need that sort of feedback. I will have a discussion with my Pro about mixing the weights. The only different one I might get is for my PW which is still the same as the rest of my irons, TM RSi2. My other wedges are Titleist SM5 wedges which will stay in steel for now. I might look at these shafts when I upgrade to SM6 Yes I think I will stick with the regular shaft.

Awesome, shafts got here in 7 days and should be in today ready to play this weekend. Straight inot competition (Club Champs qualifying). Also have a new Aerotech Claymore 48MX f4 in my driver. So this will be fun on Sunday. :bananadance:

Awesome, shafts got here in 7 days and should be in today ready to play this weekend. Straight inot competition (Club Champs qualifying). Also have a new Aerotech Claymore 48MX f4 in my driver. So this will be fun on Sunday. :bananadance:

Hope they work out for you. straight in and to a thp event they dropped a stinky t***. but that's on me more than anything else.

I played the claymore for a bit in a 5w. these don't have much of a semblance to that shaft from my experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I qualified for our matchplay. The new shafts performed nicely. I was carrying an injury so got tired and dropped 4 shots in the last 5 holes. Probably due to the fact I have a slight back injury and got tired. (I said that twice, must still be tired?)

Will need a couple of rounds to get used to the feel and tempo of these. I think they will force me to smoothen my tempo which is always a good thing. Quite a boring type flight even for regular shafts. No apparent distance loss just a different flight. Tug slightly left if I don't get tempo correct. HAlf a dozen nice mid iron shots though.

Last edited:
Back