Cobra KING F6 Baffler - THP Review

Jman

Golf Scrivener
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Homepage review is up now and can be found here: http://www.thehackersparadise.com/cobra-king-f6-baffler-fairway-wood-review/

In to the Oklahoma outpost of THP is one that has gotten quite a bit of chatter since seeing Rickie Fowler putting it into play and learning of its developmental process, the Cobra KING F6 Baffler.

From the Frankenstein like initial testing where Cobra actually welded rails onto the Bio Cell+ fairway wood, to this fully developed design which in the opinion of this reviewer returns the Baffler name to the type of club that is should be on. This one is quite frankly, pretty wicked in hand.

By design this is a 4-5 wood with MyFly adjustability from 16° to 19° and it is a shorter than usual 41.75". The head is a very small footprint compared to what we are seeing out of fairway woods right now, and a such the face is more narrow overall. The eyes are clearly going to go to the T-Rails on the sole which aid the club going through a variety of conditions while minimizing impact with the turf and also helping to square the clubface at impact. The F6 portion of the name comes with Cobra utilizing the same type weighting system as the driver with two weights (15g and 3g) that can be adjusted to tailor ball flight to the user, heavy forward means more penetrating and heavy back intends to aid launch and a soft landing.

The head is paired with the Matrix 65Q4 Red-Tie which is a mid-launch shaft, while I know some will quickly point to the weight, it should be kept in mind this is a VERY common fairway wood weight. Also, this is a RH only release at this time.

Out of curiosity, I have already weighed the weights and head of the KING F6 Baffler and the heavy weight came out at 15g, the lighter one at 3g, and the head itself 208g with no weights installed.

Price on this one will be $240 and release date of 5/1/2016.

More specification info will be added as THP gets it.

In-Hand Images:

DSC_1161-XL.jpg

DSC_1163-XL.jpg

DSC_1160-XL.jpg

DSC_1165-XL.jpg

DSC_1164-XL.jpg

DSC_1166-XL.jpg

DSC_1167-XL.jpg

DSC_1168-XL.jpg

DSC_1170-XL.jpg

DSC_1171-XL.jpg

DSC_1173-XL.jpg

DSC_1175-XL.jpg

DSC_1176-XL.jpg

DSC_1174-XL.jpg

DSC_1179-XL.jpg

DSC_1181-XL.jpg

DSC_1182-XL.jpg

DSC_1177-XL.jpg

DSC_1178-XL.jpg

DSC_1160-XL.jpg

Last edited:
I'm not usually into specialty clubs, but this thing sounds perfect.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I have an older (4-5 yrs) baffler 4 hybrid that is one of the most versatile clubs in my bag. I have used it on tight lies, light rough, heavy rough and fairway bunkers and every time the ball seems to fly better than my swing or lie would dictate. I love the way the bafflers interact with all kinds of turf, I can't wait to see this in person.

Last edited:
I really like the potential with this club and can't wait to hear your thoughts James.

• Staff
And, for those who wanted comparisons....

Vs GBB HW
DSC_1184-XL.jpg

DSC_1185-XL.jpg

Vs 816 4w
DSC_1187-XL.jpg

DSC_1186-XL.jpg

And keep in mind, the rails make the Baffler sit higher, which makes the face seem​ bigger/more-deep than it is.

Sharp pics james. Looking forward to your feedback

Not sure if a typo or a term I've just never heard of, but what's a verfacs?

• Staff
Typo ward.......

Good pics. I am digging the look and looking forward to,your thoughts plus seeing/hitting it next week

Typo ward.......

Sorry friend, I jumped on google looking up what the original word was just in case they had a new design with a cool name that I hadn't heard of before too :/

They are like train tracks for fairway woods!

I love that it's going to launch high at 16-19 with the red tie. Lots to expect out of this one for sure.

Those rails look great.

They are like train tracks for fairway woods!

I love that it's going to launch high at 16-19 with the red tie. Lots to expect out of this one for sure.
I think its going to get started at 19 for me tomorrow.

Will be fun, and interesting.

This looks some kind of awesome. I can't wait to read your thoughts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

absolutely LOVE the look of this thing and the concept behind the design. i'd be looking to change the shaft because that's not a shaft i've enjoyed in the past, but i'm thinking paired with tour blue 75 this would be muy sessy.

i think it's a done deal that i'll be buying this when it comes out. just sounds absolutely perfect for what i want in a fw. the footprint is fantastic.

question for you james- regarding the head and interchangeable weights you mention above, are those on par with what you usually see? heavier? lighter?

I'm interested to hear how this performs. I really like the idea behind the rails.

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

I'm definitely interested to hear performance comparison of high loft /heavy weight forward vs low loft / heavy weight back.

I could definitely see a 5w in my bag very soon

I can't get over how small the footprint is. You can 100 percent in hand tell it'd built off the bio+ profile.

Great photos as usual, Jman. I'm looking forward to reading your thoughts and learning more about this intriguing offering.

I can't get over how small the footprint is. You can 100 percent in hand tell it'd built off the bio+ profile.

never spent any time with bio cell+, but to me this new baffler had a similar size to a tm v steel 5w i had for a long time. great profile. i was curious to hear your thoughts on the weighting because when i picked up rickie's it seems super heavy. but that could be a function of the shaft he has in his.

Man that club looks amazing. Looking forward to the review on this

I'm liking what I see except for the small detail that it's only available in RH (at least for now)...

Man.... I do need to rethink the top of my bag...

Seems to have similar adjustability to the alpha, the intriguing part will be how smooth the turf interaction is with this rail system. I also like the look of this a lot more compared to their last iteration of the baffle t-rail. Is it me, or is cobra classing is up with their recent designs?

Back