Mental Reminders For Using My Legs

Koeniky

Reaction score
Handicap
Sorry, but I have a really silly problem while driving the ball.

Whenever I use my legs and really shift my weight forward I kill the ball either straight or with a little draw.

When I don't use my legs, I'm left with a nasty low pull hook or a sky high slice.

Its really odd that I can't get in a habit of using my legs, but I never really used my legs on golf swings until this year :( It feels awkward when I use my legs so I wonder if my body is trying to prevent my legs from shifting forward. (I've just been golfing with athleticism since I started 5 or so years ago).

Anyways, does anyone have any advice as to how I can get myself into the habit of using my hips and lower body.

Without seeing your swing I am making educated guesses. But maybe it's your tempo. If you're swinging to hard the legs could have a hard time getting started. If your tempo is smoother, the legs can interact.

Your body is doing what it knows and what feels right. When it starts feeling wrong, you'll be doing it right. And eventually, it will become habit.

Try this; flex the inside of the back leg on the back swing and make your shoulder turn. The pressure will release on the downswing

Back