2019 Memorial Tournament Presented by Nationwide

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Played at Muirfield Village Golf Club and defending champion is Bryson DeChambeau.
Great field this week including Tiger Woods.

Volunteering Saturday, can't wait for this week.

Always love this tournament. I’ll have to see if I can make it down, but it’s always a fantastic field.

One of the classic tournaments, and as usual, will include Jack Nicklaus for some commentary.

Been up here for 3 weeks. Hoping to get out on Thursday and check out a round. Great field this week.

I’m volunteering this weekend. Looking forward to enjoying the tournament once my volunteer shifts finish today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Couple people making their way to the range. Kisner was out earlier and Rory is warming up now.

2b6f948fcab511bac1c44d27fdf38a7a.jpg

Couple people making their way to the range. Kisner was out earlier and Rory is warming up now.

2b6f948fcab511bac1c44d27fdf38a7a.jpg

Is it pretty wet out there from last night’s rain?

Is it pretty wet out there from last night’s rain?

Wet but not awful. Should dry out fine before more rain tonight

The back of a legends head

bb36bb9c7637843dee1c2b6ced419bd3.jpg

2019 winner?

9180b6f0121df4affe0c13d76d6e4ad0.jpg

Heading out there on Friday, got passes to the Nationwide tent on 18 too so should be a lot of fun. Tried to get them for Sunday, but just found out an hour or so ago I was too late for those.

Waiting for the tee times to be posted, looking forward to going back to Muirfield and following Tiger around like the good ol' days.

Super jealous that the guy I got the passes from is playing in the Pro Am again this year. He's paired with JT this year, Fowler last year. How cool would that be?!

Out here with my daughter today
eb6e6a67c59818e3cd02263724d27b78.jpg
b4568c664047a0b195fb761a03c65672.jpg
b3d2a535d96f77f46daedc3eee48a1c3.jpg

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Surprised to see Tiger playing the week before the US Open. He usually takes the week off to prepare at home.

Surprised to see Tiger playing the week before the US Open. He usually takes the week off to prepare at home.

Memorial, then Canadian Open, then US Open. There’s still a break there

Memorial, then Canadian Open, then US Open. There’s still a break there

Ahh now I see said the blind man! That would make much more sense.

Looks like a new staff bag for this week for Rory. He had a different TM bag when he arrived at the airport yesterday.

Looks awesome in person. If I ever considered a staff bag it would be one of my first choices

Jack is such a clown.

D7rXWoqW4AANjSS.jpg

Heading out for the pro am tomorrow with my buddy and his son. Always love the pro am and practice rounds..

Peyton Manning is playing in the pro am again this year with Tiger. Urban Meyer is paired with Keegan Bradley and local Indy car driver Graham Rahal is playing with Rickie Fowler tomorrow. Also looks like Vikings TE Kyle Rudolph is playing with Ernie Els.

I am thinking about making the trip on Friday. This would be my first time at a PGA event. Any pointers on whether to follow a group or find a location and let the players come to you? I do not have tickets yet, are there scalpers outside the club to purchase tickets? Would you recommend paying extra for golden bear or pavilion tickets? Thanks!

I am thinking about making the trip on Friday. This would be my first time at a PGA event. Any pointers on whether to follow a group or find a location and let the players come to you? I do not have tickets yet, are there scalpers outside the club to purchase tickets? Would you recommend paying extra for golden bear or pavilion tickets? Thanks!
I've never done pavilion seating. I've had golden bear passes. It only gets you into an AC tent in the back 9 with some different food and drink options. Depends if you think it is worth it or not.

One of the great things about the course is a lot of natural valleys if you choose to just find a hole and sit and watch everyone come through. If it is your first time you'll probably want to wander and maybe follow a group if you have a favorite so you can see more of the course. Lots of elevation changes so be prepared with your walking shoes on.

I forgot that there are people who sell passes. I believe you can buy on stubhub and they have a designated place nearby that you can pickup. There is also a tent in the shopping center at the corner of Dublin Rd and Glick Rd that was selling when I was over there yesterday. There are probably other places as well.

I'll be down there on Friday. I usually walk, slowly, first hole to the 18th. If there is a good group that catches up with me, then I'll follow them until I get bored. Then I go back to slowly moving until the next group I fancy catches up with me.
I do move slowly also, for I have my anchor, umm, I mean my wife is with me. She gets tickets for me for my b-day and comes so that I don't have to go alone.
She is a people watcher & doesn't care about the golf 1 bit. She does love when we are nearly the young female "groupies". She laughs at their conversations then tells me about them.

Back