Best Arcade Game Ever

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
No, not the games you play on the couch at home, but the ones that cost a quarter and you had to leave the house.

This is not a most popular, but your favorite ever.

Best Arcade Game Ever

4 player teenage mutant ninja turtles and mortal combat both ate up a lot of my quarters back in the day. And when I was even younger, there was a Popeye arcade machine in the roller rink that we played a lot.

Last edited:
I was never someone who spent hours in the arcade (didn't have one in our small town), but I'd have to say my favorite game in my younger years was Galaga. Later was either Spy Hunter or M.A.C.H 3 (one of the first realistic fighter jet games).

4 player teenage mutant ninja turtles and mortal combat both ate up a lot of my quarters back in the day.

Pretty much the same for me. Also loved Super Off-Road.

teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles_marquee.jpg

Best Arcade Game Ever

This is not even close for me Smash Tv.

“Big Money, Big Prizes, I Love it!”

7e5e01c813adfe757e1ff3d0674a0d39.jpg

I remember living down the shore and as soon as our shifts were over heading to the boardwalk to play Smash Tv and the horse racing bowl game winning the big stuffed animals.

Distant, but second favorite would be Donkey Kong. This one, I have in my basement and the kids love to play

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree with teenage mutant ninja turtles. Also played The Simpsons as well

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Teenager mutant ninja turtles was my favorite or Crusin USA series

Any pinball machine with the silver ball. Never really got into the other games but loved, and still do when the opportunity presents itself, playing pinball.

NBA JAM

Man, this thread has me reminiscing. I think my favorite would be Donkey Kong, followed by a game called Gyruss (shooting alien space ships), Galaga, Frogger and I loved pinball.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Any pinball machine with the silver ball. Never really got into the other games but loved, and still do when the opportunity presents itself, playing pinball.

Do you remember Fun House. Best pinball game EVER!!

Man, this thread has me reminiscing. I think my favorite would be Donkey Kong, followed by a game called Gyruss (shooting alien space ships), Galaga, Frogger and I loved pinball.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Gyruss is a good one. Thinking I need a cabinet and multi-game for my office. Maybe a THPer makes them haha.

Unquestionably, Space Invaders! (Am I dating myself?)

I always loved the 4-person racing games where you had a steering wheel and pedals.. Specifically the Daytona USA ones

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I would say Pacman or Centipede. My grandparents had these at a convenience store they owned in the middle of nowhere.

Outrun and Captain America and the Avengers were two classics from my childhood.

NBA Jam was the best for hours of competition with buddies. got in so much trouble for coming home late due to that game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Wonderboy in Monsterland. As it would cost me a quarter, and I could finish it everytime in an hour or so later. Was cheap entertainment back in the day.

Either the Simpsons or OG Mortal Kombat!

4-player TMNT was awesome. Galaga was great too.

Did anyone enjoy Road Blasters? The plane dropping stuff from the sky to pimp your ride was the best!!

Great thread @JB !! This is really bringing up some great memories and all the feels that come with!

4-player TMNT was awesome. Galaga was great too.

Did anyone enjoy Road Blasters? The plane dropping stuff from the sky to pimp your ride was the best!!

Great thread @JB !! This is really bringing up some great memories and all the feels that come with!

Thanks. I’m leaning towards a cabinet so wanted to make sure I was not forgetting any.

No love for Qbert or Burger Time or Karate Champ yet though. Also 720.

My memories are dated. Pinball, I'd go with Addams Family, Black Knight, KISS. Video, Asteroids, Xevious, and Tempest. Don't know that I ever got through all the invisible levels on Tempest.

Double Dragon was easily my favourite.

I liked Kung Fu Master and pretty much any Capcom fighter

Die Hard Arcade was cool with how you could pick up and use objects

Back