After much experimentation....2019 WITB!

weeicemon

Reaction score
Handicap
I tried several different things this year. I tried a full set of the 919 Forged irons, but really wanted the Tours in the scoring irons. I also tried a few rounds of the Apex 2019 Pros, but they just weren’t for me. I ended up with the 919 combo set and had the 8 & 9 lofts tweaked to ensure the distance gapping was consistent.
7bfad5a471e140f8c3c2600a418a249e.jpg

I also played around a bit with shafts. I love Nippon shafts and went back and forth between the 105s and 120s. I am not a big hitter, but the 120s gave me the best results in terms of dispersion. They were very close on distance, with the 120s slightly edging out the 105s.

For the woods and hybrids, I was first drawn to Ping for the G400 Max driver. I was playing the Epic Subzero, but wanted something that would help me find the fairway a bit more. The G400ax has been great! The Tour 65 shaft has really helped me greatly reduce my occasional snap hook. My miss now is a block to the right, which tends to be more playable.

Next up was the 22* hybrid. I was playing Titleist, but never felt comfortable with them. The Ping is absolutely golden. I have never had a reliable club in that spot until now.

My success with the hybrid and the G400 Max influenced me to add a G400 3 wood and 5 wood.

Vokey wedges are a long-standing favorite of mine. The Spyder putter is likely here through the season.

LOVE this bag!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great bag!

Awesome setup, those are some great choices!

I tried several different things this year. I tried a full set of the 919 Forged irons, but really wanted the Tours in the scoring irons. I also tried a few rounds of the Apex 2019 Pros, but they just weren’t for me. I ended up with the 919 combo set and had the 8 & 9 lofts tweaked to ensure the distance gapping was consistent.
7bfad5a471e140f8c3c2600a418a249e.jpg

I also played around a bit with shafts. I love Nippon shafts and went back and forth between the 105s and 120s. I am not a big hitter, but the 120s gave me the best results in terms of dispersion. They were very close on distance, with the 120s slightly edging out the 105s.

For the woods and hybrids, I was first drawn to Ping for the G400 Max driver. I was playing the Epic Subzero, but wanted something that would help me find the fairway a bit more. The G400ax has been great! The Tour 65 shaft has really helped me greatly reduce my occasional snap hook. My miss now is a block to the right, which tends to be more playable.

Next up was the 22* hybrid. I was playing Titleist, but never felt comfortable with them. The Ping is absolutely golden. I have never had a reliable club in that spot until now.

My success with the hybrid and the G400 Max influenced me to add a G400 3 wood and 5 wood.

Vokey wedges are a long-standing favorite of mine. The Spyder putter is likely here through the season.

LOVE this bag!

Very nice sticks. The top end of my bag looks a lot like yours...

Back