Bridgestone 2019 Stand Bag Reviews

Trmpt98

2024 Vokey / 2023 GOAT Cup / 2019 Bridgestone
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I didn’t see any threads about Bridgestone Stand Bags so with everyone receiving them from Fit Like A Pro and the Bridgestone Championship I figured I’d get one started.

Here’s what the website says..

The new stand bag series is perfect for use while walking or in a cart. This stylish design will certainly turn heads on the course.

5 way divider top
5 zippered pockets including hidden valuables pocket
Water bottle pocket
Outer tee & glove holder

I received the red model and started to make the switch over to give it a test. I’ve always enjoyed the legs on stand Bags but have always been a cart bag kind of person. I figured this would be the best opportunity to try and reduce all the clutter that I typically carry and give it a go. It will be paired with my clicgear 3.0 push cart so I won’t really be “carrying”. So post up your reviews, and let’s share what we like/dislike about this bag. I’ll give a review after I get a chance to use it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ll be in when I get a few free minutes. Might be tonight, thunderstorms are needed to cancel out my baseball duties( 90% chance that’ll happen). Quick teaser(s), it’s better than my current stand bag in every way, it’s drop dead sexy, AND it matches my THP towel I bought last year.

I haven’t even golfed in 3 weeks (baseball coaching duties) so it hasn’t officially been out. But it’s a half mile hike to the range from the clubhouse at my home course. I’ve done that walk twice now. If I’m not golfing I don’t take a cart and it’s been an easy hike.

Feel free to fire away any questions you have about it and I’ll gladly answer them. My last carry bag is at a severe disadvantage, that much I’ll grant before I go to in depth on it. It was an OEM (ish) closeout from Dicks Flash Sale (I hate saying that together, lol) that I got for $39.99 (x3 as I got my oldest two boys one of each, as well as me) It’s “mostly” served its purpose but it’s left a lot of meat on the bone.

This bag does not. It’s only my second ever stand bag, so keep that in mind, but I’m super excited about it. My fat butt likes to and needs to walk more. I’d prefer to walk, just due to the ability to fully think through the next shot while walking to it, and to get some fat boy exercise. Carrying clubs is even better as I get that extra exercise from having a little more weight to lug around. I only ever really feel it when going uphill or when it’s warm and muggy.

Game just got cancelled. Review incoming. Give me an hour or so.....

Always been a fan of these looking forward to the longterm feedback

Please post pics

Sorry for the pic first post. I just had a review fully written and photobucket decided to get buggie and then everything was gone. Dangit. So they’re posted and out of the way so they don’t wipe this out again.

I’ve really been waiting a long time for this day, lol, when I could review something to the best of my abilities for this website. Every time I signed up to test a product and I wasn’t selected, I always thought “dangit! I could provide good feedback on XYZ product”. Well, unfortunately for y’all, that day has arrived. I’ll chime in with a review to the best of my abilities with the Bag Boy T-10 travel bag that Bridgestone very graciously sent too at some point but I have nothing to compare it to since it’s my first travel bag.

Anyways, this is the 2019 TourB Carry Bag put out by Bridgestone. I apologize to Bridgestone if that’s not it’s actual name, but that’s how it appeared for me. I’m comparing it to my current carry bag, which isn’t really fair to either since I bought the other one for $39.99 on a Dicks Thursday Flash Sale. I actually bought three then so I could get one for my two oldest boys and me.

Hopefully the very first thing that is apparent in the first pic is that the Bridgestone bag is a little more robust. From day one the other bag had to have the legs bent into shape seemingly every round. I’ve bent those suckers dang near every round it’s been with me for over a year. So they are at least resilient. The Bridgestone bag has legs that are at least 2x the diameter, maybe more. The second thing, and maybe pictures don’t do it justice, is the bag strap itself. On the old carry bag, it’s just a bunch of lightly padded straps that were overly complicated and not real comfortable. The Bridgestone bag has an excellent system that includes a square pad that goes on your back, and while the other bag isn’t terrible, there is no padding for your back, instead it’s a rubber strip. At 40, I’ll take the back pad-please!

The one thing that does stand out for me (and again, this is my first review and I haven’t had a chance to fully explore the Bridgestone Bag so if I missed it, mea culpa!) the other bag does have a waterproof pouch on the side in the first pic. It will NOT fit a plus sized phone in it, but would fit a regular sized one. I have a medical condition that requires me to carry medicine with me to every round of golf, and everywhere I go. It’s nice to have something that is 100% waterproof to store medicine if nothing else.

I’ll speed this up some. Pic two shows the opposite side of the bag. Really the only difference here is the comfort designed into the Bridgestone bag. You can see the padding designed into your back versus hitting everything as it jiggles in the other bag. You can also see how many times the legs on the other bag have been bent back into shape. I don’t see that needing done ever on the Bridgestone Bag.

Pic 3, just another view of the front side with a little wider view from head on. Should show that everything is a little more spacious on the Bridgestone Bag, but not enough to make it cumbersome. It’s a solid all around carry bag, one that looks great.

Bottom lining it in a couple sentences. The Bridgestone bag is a very quality bag. Especially compared to my current carry bag. It’s sturdy, lightweight, and super comfy. If I was in the market for one this year I’d look very closely at this bag. Carry bags are always a compromise between ultra light and roomy. Between comfort and cumbersome.This bag doesn’t lack much. It’s far superior to my current carry bag, and depending on what you want in a carry bag, it deserves a very hard look.

Please feel free to post any questions and I will respond the best I can. Thanks!

Last edited:
Walked the front nine this morning with my middle son toting the Bridgestone TourB bag. I wasn’t planning on playing but instead to just hit the range but I was talked into it. So I didn’t even have any balls with me.

The course didn’t have any TourB RX in Yellow so I grabbed three matte green E-12 Softs. They played pretty well, I think they launch a little on the high side for me so I was hitting everything to the moon. Super easy to find and track, this is the first time I haven’t lost track of a drive in years. They’ll definitely be a great choice for me if I play a solo round.

Here’s a shot of the bag and the ball as I’m getting ready to tee off on the 376 yard par 4 5th. I won’t say that it was the worst drive I hit all day....

I’ve only been able to get mine out one time so far but I was happy with what I saw. Nice and sturdy, with plenty of pockets. 5 way top is not far off from my normal bag, so with just a bit of shuffling I was able to have the clubs how I like them. The bag is light with well cushioned shoulder straps and will be an easy bag to walk with. Zippers flow nice and smooth which is always a good thing as well. Looking forward to getting more rounds in, but so far the bag is great.

9496d397823e7d44fc37a646a4801abb.jpg

652e1c0625ee5773aa7ea97605065c76.jpg

That lime green is

Pics of the pockets please gents?

That lime green is

Pics of the pockets please gents?

I can get some more pics when I'm back home this evening sir.

Here’s some pictures of mine. This will be a bit of a switch for me as I typically use a cart bag but I also need to downsize what I bring along. I received the red bag during #FitLikeaPro. There is a hidden valuables pouch inside the large zippered area. The panel on the third picture can be removed and you can have it personalized.
7280b7abefed1925c4d39a839e57cf6f.jpg
052a66c64878596530c0996ee2eb12de.jpg
acef2e641e933d0107c5965ab05125c5.jpg
6db5af6d512e7cfa12556a3712ea90d7.jpg
26fb768b06f097334c3497352e34a56f.jpg
5d24570d8005c3bc28836c2f1be46503.jpg
64976857977a0468e692246574e3ad8e.jpg
7d26fdcc13f4c67ca8e2d23ab8ce8071.jpg
33c606ea996ba7da6533b33c12541be9.jpg
c30194a5472c848cb2c9f65c88f207cb.jpg

Bridgestone Fit Like A Pro Participant - 2019

Driver: Bridgestone XD-5 ( HZRDUS Black)
Woods: Bridgestone JGR 3w (V2)
Hybrids: Bridgestone JGR 3h/4h ( AD DI)
Irons: Bridgestone HF2 5-AW ( Modus3 Tour 120 stiff)
Wedges: Bridgestone Tour B XW-1 56/60 ( Modus3 Tour 120 stiff)
Putter: Scotty Cameron Sqaureback Select
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B-RX
Grips: Golf Pride MCC

Nice! I can continue to watch golf on TV instead of taking pics of the pockets, thanks trmpt98!

I missed the valuables pouch until I took it out on the course the first time. My previous carry bag has an easy access and a zipper that goes into the same front pocket?? It has a waterproof pouch on the side but I never got what the point was to have a pouch with easy access and a zipper to get into the same pouch.

I never understood that concept at all, and I didn’t like leaving anything in there because it wasn’t secured at all. For a old fat guy I can scoot when walking and I was always worried about something bouncing out of that pocket since it was basically open. For $39.99 it served its purpose though.

The Bridgestone bag is far superior. It’s much more sturdy, and better constructed. I agree with your statement that the zippers are quality, another thing I missed/didn’t comment on because you take them for granted until they aren’t good. Then you spend 5 minutes cussing them or even worse rednecking it up and putting a twist tie on one when they break off. I don’t see these ones breaking. I also had to bend the legs back into shape every couple rounds on the previous bag. Wasn’t a big deal, but far from ideal.

There’s a bigger difference between a Dicks Closeout bag for cheap than a quality bag than I’d have thought. I still like inexpensive, but having something quality, I can’t say that I like cheap anymore. I’d have thought the Bridgestone bag to be more expensive based on the quality, but it’s really pretty reasonable.

And the color? ?! Which will look nice on Firestone.

The shoulder straps are quite comfortable. There’s plenty of room in the ball pocket for 2-3 dz (in box) balls. The tee pocket is in a good spot and had enough room to hold my rangefinder in addition to the tees.

I feel the side pockets could be slightly bigger but are ample depth to hold whatever you may need to put in there. I just find they could have added a little more depth or a shallower pocket on the outside for additional use. I love where the valuables pocket is located INDISE the large full length pocket. I’ve never understood why other bags have the valuables pocket of all things on the outside of the bag. This pocket is situated inside, has a velvety feel to it and right where it should be in my opinion. (They could have added a key ring clip but that’s just a small takeaway I feel could improve it.

The large ball pocket zippered cover can be removable if someone wants to customize it. However, I think they. Hold have done a better job with the zippers on it. The zippers themselves are fine but the where the end of them zips and locks into the clasp (like a jacket zipper end) twice while opening the pocket it came undone from the bag and I had to take a few moments to take the bag off the cart and rezipper it to itself. It’s a small thing but it happened twice in one round and I found it slightly problematic. The easy fix is to no unzip the entire pocket. (Duh) lol . Just a small item that needs some attention down the road I feel.

Other than that the bag is phenomenal! The green color pops....it’s seeems very durable and will withstand some wear and tear. More to come but these are my initial thoughts

So last week I was able to get the bag out on the course for 9 holes. Couple good things and a couple other annoyances I found. First off the Pros, like others have stated, the quality is fantastic. The zippers move great, I like the size (helps me tone down the pack rat cart bag) and I love having a stand for the bag (always been a cart guy). My cons of the bag so far. First off it doesn't fit on my clic gear very well, being it's a carry bag I can understand this but I don't carry. Second, if you have an umbrella in the slot it makes it difficult to get clubs in and out. Lastly I'm not a big fan of the 5 way top, I much prefer individual club slots with full length dividers. The clatter and the tangling of the grips is an annoyance to me. I think I will use this as a back up to my regular bag when I want to downsize. My cart bag actually doesn't fit well in a motorized cart (too wide) so I will swap this bag out and use it for outings and range time. Going to give it a go with the new clubs again this week and see if anything else good/bad pops out at me.

The Bridgestone Lightweight Stand Bag is performing perfectly after almost 10 rounds. Many of the specifications are listed earlier in the thread so I won't repeat them. The 5 way divider top works well for my club arranging preferences. Driver, 3W, 3H, and 4H in the largest slot near the handle. Long irons and mid irons go in the middle slots. Wedges and putter go in last row.

The best features are the shoulder straps and total weight. I included rain jacket, mid layer, and thermos, along with traditional items such as balls, tees, markers, divot tool, gloves, sunscreen, bug repellant, Aleve, marking pen, and a range finder. The bag weight is very manageable, comfortable to carry, AND I still have plenty of room in the pockets.

All zippers, stitching, and nylon panels are of the highest quality. My experience is limited, as of today, but the overall quality indicates the bag is built for the long haul (pun intended :D).

Lastly, congrats to Bridgestone for nailing the branding layout! The "B" logo is one of the best in golf. Add the Tour B logo, stylish embroidery, "B" logo on zipper pull tabs, and you have a tasteful setup!

Photo location: Mammoth Dunes in WI, #13, par 3.

cd9386aa95f020c6744f5cd3a5d643ad.jpg

Played again with this bag this weekend. The ball pocket drove me nuts. It is honestly a poor zipper design. It’s great that the front of the pocket is detachable but it shouldn’t be so easy to unzip off fully when just reaching In for some balls. Also, the umbrella holder is nice but the push clasp that tightens it close to the bag could use some work. It loosens on its own and the umbrella flops around a bit.

The bag is very durable however. Tuesday in my round with Canadan it got a bit muddy and wet. It dried perfectly and easily wiped down and looks new

Played again with this bag this weekend. The ball pocket drove me nuts. It is honestly a poor zipper design. It’s great that the front of the pocket is detachable but it shouldn’t be so easy to unzip off fully when just reaching In for some balls. Also, the umbrella holder is nice but the push clasp that tightens it close to the bag could use some work. It loosens on its own and the umbrella flops around a bit.

The bag is very durable however. Tuesday in my round with Canadan it got a bit muddy and wet. It dried perfectly and easily wiped down and looks new

Played yesterday and had the same issue with the front pocket for the first time. I’ve tried to be extra careful after reading your posts but after jacking a ball OB I came in for a new ball a little aggressively and it popped right off haha. Everything else seems to work great but I can see that pocket becoming a frustrating issue down the road.

Back