Get them signed up!

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Captain Wedge - way to go buddy. Are you still flying for the same airline?

I won't know if I'm able to make both days until a few weeks prior, but I'm in for one day.

Captain Wedge - way to go buddy. Are you still flying for the same airline?

I won't know if I'm able to make both days until a few weeks prior, but I'm in for one day.
Thanks. Still with the same airline.

Location - somewhere in Iowa

Date - June 25/26 2016

Courses - Honey Creek (buy groupon)
Coldwater Creek
The Harvester

Format - Alternate Shot, Best Ball, Scramble

Playing:

IceyShanks both days
Nighthawk 117 a both days
Dhartmann. Both days
MSH134. Both days
Rambler. Both days
McRock. Both days
Shifty both days
bjosh both days
Woody_74. Both days
Golfever. Both days
Leftysean. Both days

Maybe

Flying Wedge
Shifty buddy
Where's bulldog and all the Nebraska boys on this list

I bought the groupon last year but couldn't make the get together so I played on a Tuesday when I was in the area for some meetings. Nice track for the money. I just bought another for this year and I think I'll be able to make Iowa 2016. I'll know for sure in about a month

Where's bulldog and all the Nebraska boys on this list

Unfortunately I don't think this weekend is going to work out for me. Have a lot of family birthdays going on around those dates. I'm not ruling it out completely yet though.

Reason for inactivity is I knew I can't make it this time. Sorry

Sorry you can't make it sir! Always love watching you stripe that driver down the middle :) I hope all is well in Wichita!

Reason for inactivity is I knew I can't make it this time. Sorry

Unfortunately I don't think this weekend is going to work out for me. Have a lot of family birthdays going on around those dates. I'm not ruling it out completely yet though.
Hope it works out for you

Winner should get to choose the name of Rock's next born 

No.

Hello everyone. Sorry for my absence. New firm, giant case.....and that giant case just got kicked down the road. Depending on when it is rescheduled, there is a chance I will not make this event. It's simply too big of a trial. However, there is only a 1 in 4 chance of me not making it right now.

I've ignored all of you wonderful people, and I'm not sure that will change much in the coming weeks. But here's what I can tell you.

There will be multiple formats, singles will not be one of them. Sorry, not sorry. Teams will be picked by captains that wedge and I volunteer, although I'm pretty sure icey has a strong shot at being a captain because I think he previously offered. Anyways, depending on turnout, there will be 2 or 3 teams. Each team will play a certain number of people less than the total per team. The people who are not scoring for their team that round will play for a prize (because let's just keep things interesting).

Matchups will be decided on the Friday night, because surely we will know who will be showing up and who won't by that point in time.

~Rock

Oh, and teams will be selected one week before the event. The reason that not everyone will score for their team every single round of the competition is because there will inevitably be dropouts or no shows. It just happens. But I hate for anyone not to be competing for something every single round, so if you aren't scoring for your team a given round, you will be playing against someone for a prize.

~Rock

No.

Hello everyone. Sorry for my absence. New firm, giant case.....and that giant case just got kicked down the road. Depending on when it is rescheduled, there is a chance I will not make this event. It's simply too big of a trial. However, there is only a 1 in 4 chance of me not making it right now.

I've ignored all of you wonderful people, and I'm not sure that will change much in the coming weeks. But here's what I can tell you.

There will be multiple formats, singles will not be one of them. Sorry, not sorry. Teams will be picked by captains that wedge and I volunteer, although I'm pretty sure icey has a strong shot at being a captain because I think he previously offered. Anyways, depending on turnout, there will be 2 or 3 teams. Each team will play a certain number of people less than the total per team. The people who are not scoring for their team that round will play for a prize (because let's just keep things interesting).

Matchups will be decided on the Friday night, because surely we will know who will be showing up and who won't by that point in time.

~Rock
I'm happy to be one!

It would be nice if attendance got to at least 12 for this, but 14 would be preferred (or 20).

~Rock

It would be nice if attendance got to at least 12 for this, but 14 would be preferred (or 20).

~Rock
20 sounds good ?

Who's eve on the fence for this think about it we really have a great time in Iowa

Going for my first round of the year tomorrow! Pumped!

My buddy who hopefully will be coming to this will let me know in a week or so if he's a yes or no.

Going for my first round of the year tomorrow! Pumped!

My buddy who hopefully will be coming to this will let me know in a week or so if he's a yes or no.
Strong arm him. No choices!

Strong arm him. No choices!

I'm playing with him tomorrow, so I will lay it on! He loves golf as much if not more than I do, so he'd have a blast I'm sure.

I'm playing with him tomorrow, so I will lay it on! He loves golf as much if not more than I do, so he'd have a blast I'm sure.
Every year is a blast. Great group every year.

You can put me down as a strong maybe, as in, I will start making plans to go. Whereabouts in Iowa are you talking about?

You can put me down as a strong maybe, as in, I will start making plans to go. Whereabouts in Iowa are you talking about?

As promised a date has been picked for Iowa 2016. With the popularity of the Honey Creek groupon. It is an amazing offer for $25. It is a limited groupon so I suggest buying quickly if that option is voted on. Those that used it last year will attest to that. We will list the 2 most popular options.

Date: June 25/26 2016

Saturday AM - Alternate shot
Saturday PM - Best Ball
Sunday - Scramble

Option #2A - 18 holes Saturday Honey Creek. $25 (with groupon)
18 holes Saturday Coldwater Creek $50
18 holes Sunday at The Harvester $79
Lodging in Ankeny TBD (less than 150)

Please let us know if you can attend that weekend in June. Also please pick your favorite of the 2 options.
These were the last two options we discussed. I don't know which was chosen as the final, or maybe a final hasn't been chosen yet!

Last edited:
These were the last two options we discussed. I don't know which was chosen as the final, or maybe a final hasn't been chosen yet!
2A was the selection

Back