Android Phone Thread

I really like what LG is doing here with their technology.

I think their last 2 releases have been killer. Heck the g4 was pretty damn good too. They have been going in the right direction. Hardware wise, I like them, but with a lot of these androids, the software is the difference. However back to hardware, the modular design is really cool. Whether I'd take advantage of it or not, who knows. I wish they stayed with the back buttons though.

I'm free and clear to get just about anything as an upgrade. I really wanted to like the LG G5, but I just haven't seen much good said about it. No one really bashes it, but no one is saying its the best phone out there right now. Although there was one review I saw that mentioned it was as close as they ever came to classifying a phone as 'unbuyable' (when considering what it should be). Maybe a bit too harsh, but most phones are pretty dang good, this one seems to have a lot of issues for a lot of people.

As much as I've disliked Samsung in the past, by all accounts these are the best two they've released. I'd like the edge, but don't think I'd like the size of it. Have to play in store to see for sure. I'm waiting for the HTC announcement on the 12th for their new model. If that doesn't wow me, it will probably be an S7.

The LG was a hard ponder on my latest phone upgrade.
I really liked the camera options they set up.

It would be awesome if the ecosystem could standardize on an expansion interface.
I don't know that it'll really take off as long as each manufacturer has their own proprietary interface.

I have a g4 and love it. Will be upgrading the wife to a g5 in a couple weeks. Great phones.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

I think their last 2 releases have been killer. Heck the g4 was pretty damn good too. They have been going in the right direction. Hardware wise, I like them, but with a lot of these androids, the software is the difference. However back to hardware, the modular design is really cool. Whether I'd take advantage of it or not, who knows. I wish they stayed with the back buttons though.
I was a HUGE fan of the buttons on the back, it just makes sense.

I just had to factory reset my Note 5 as wifi was not working at all. Any suggestions on how to improve this thing? I have been very unhappy with this phone.

Played with the S7 edge again last night at Best Buy, I really want one. Device looks amazing.

Played with the S7 edge again last night at Best Buy, I really want one. Device looks amazing.

From a design standpoint alone, I think the Edge devices are the best looking and feeling on the market. Are they still selling stock Android versions of Samsung devices in the States?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

From a design standpoint alone, I think the Edge devices are the best looking and feeling on the market. Are they still selling stock Android versions of Samsung devices in the States?

Everything I've seen with the S7 has the samsung skin on it.

Disappointing haha. Either way, still a beautiful device.

I'm ok with that. Stock android is nice, but it's kind of bland.

I dont mind touchwiz. I typically would use a launcher over it anyway.

I dont mind touchwiz. I typically would use a launcher over it anyway.

After having stock Android for 3 years now, I enjoy the bland look. I don't mind touchwiz, just more the cartoonish looking widgets.

This discussion is the best part about Android though. Options.

I never realized how much I hated TouchWiz until I left it. I would have a hard time going back

My Samsung S5 has recently started to slow up and stall some. Not sure if it's just over loaded with pictures/video and crap or it's just two years old and needs to be replaced sooner rather than later. My wife's phone, also an S5 that we purchased the same day, is worse than mine.

After factory reset my Note 5 wifi works on browser but nothing else? Cant update apps or anything. Ugh looks like a trip to the verizon store is in my future today.

I never realized how much I hated TouchWiz until I left it. I would have a hard time going back

Oh you know my feelings on this subject... Haha probably the reason I will never go back to Samsung

Never quite understood the hatred of stock launchers like TouchWiz or Sense on HTC. The first thing I do with a new phone is install a new launcher to my liking and build from there. I have no idea if the stock TouchWiz is good or not, its never there long enough to find out.

Got the LG G5 and I have to say I'm pretty underwhelmed. It's a nice phone and fast (as it should be since its new) but it's just bland.

Really thinking about getting the S7 edge.

HTC10 looks like it might actually be a viable option...

I am done with this Note 5. WiFi works for a few days then it doesn't work at all at home or at the office. I have been to the Verizon store twice...guess what it works just fine on their WiFi both times! Ugh. No more Samsung for me. Too bad I'm stuck with this thing for another year.

My Samsung S5 has recently started to slow up and stall some. Not sure if it's just over loaded with pictures/video and crap or it's just two years old and needs to be replaced sooner rather than later. My wife's phone, also an S5 that we purchased the same day, is worse than mine.
I'm having the same issues. Planned obsolescence. Really pissed me off. No crazy apps running, trying to text someone, and it restarts on me after stalling for a solid minute. Trying to find something to get me by for another 7 months, I just cannot stand it

HTC10 looks like it might actually be a viable option...

Mine is an older model, but I love the HTC One phones.

I'm having the same issues. Planned obsolescence. Really pissed me off. No crazy apps running, trying to text someone, and it restarts on me after stalling for a solid minute. Trying to find something to get me by for another 7 months, I just cannot stand it
Exactly! I deleted a lot of apps I don't use hardly ever, and that didn't help much at all. I have to make it until July, as I recall.
Biggest downside to all of this? I still have the unlimited everything plan, got Grandfathered in. I know I can same some money by switching plans, but I don't want to get rid of the Unlimited data. I don't stream video much but when I do it's for a Netflix binge!

Picked up an S7 Edge last night after dropping my S4 that I've had forever and screwing up the volume buttons. I was pretty happy with the S4 even as old as it was, it still did everything I needed and pretty quickly, my only issue was running out of storage with the 16GB internal, but now after getting the S7 Edge I realize how slow my S4 was hehe. So far I'm really happy with it, though it's only been a half a day or so, but it's super quick, great display. The edges are a little funky sometimes when text starts to wrap a little. Some of the buttons behave a little differently than my S4 also which is taking some getting used to.

Back