Corn on the Cob: Debate on Eating Method

Gyro25

It's a Jersey thiiinngg
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
So at my in-lawsfamily BBQ today and I realized I married into a family of sociopaths.. aside from the yelling, guilt, and subtle -isms the older ones hold, one thing stood out

THEY ALL EAT THEIR CORN ON COB IN A WAY I HAVE NEVER SEEN BEFORE!!!

SERIOUSLY!!!

They all go around the cob, starting the the middle then to each end, like this:

114f1d14f56feb49120e339ffd7e436c.jpg

I, for one, am a typewriter eater, starting on the left side go across and the -ding- reset back to the left side... So what say you THP, around or across?

I'm starting to have real concerns over these in-laws...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Haha, this his hilarious. I too am a typewriter eater. I have to cut the GF's corn off the cob for her though because she's always freaked out about eating with her front implant.

typewriter for me. my wife cuts hers off the cob.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I will admit to using both methods, it if you’re using the rotary method, you always start at one side, not the middle.

My dad is a typewriter and mom rotary. I do a hybrid rotary eat the ends, typewriter the middle, and randomly pick of anything left without rhyme or reason...

butter, salt, paprika, leftrightleftrightleftright

Left to right.

I will admit to using both methods, it if you’re using the rotary method, you always start at one side, not the middle.
See I could be on board with that, but smack in the middle?? If anything, go left side, then right side, and work back to all the juice big ones in the middle... Still just blew my mind that all the women of the family at their corn like that

Especially my wife who has a touch of OCD, starting in the middle is just absurd for her

I cut mine of the cob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The only thing I think of when I hear the term "corn on the cob" is this bit of insight by Mitch Hedberg:

You know they call corn-on-the-cob "corn-on-the-cob," right? But that's how it comes out of the ground, man. They should call that "corn", and they should call every other version "corn-off-the-cob." It's not like if you cut off my arm you would call my arm "Mitch", but then reattach it and call it "Mitch-all-together."

Left to right then down, repeat!

Anything is acceptable except this..
3303087f757efe47b68d9ec6f1114d40.jpg

The only thing I think of when I hear the term "corn on the cob" is this bit of insight by Mitch Hedberg:
RIP to one of the greatest

there is only one thing you eat where you start in the middle.

Apples?

Not a corn on the cob fan at all. Too much work to eat it period.

Around?.....wtf?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hold the cob vertically and strip the corn off with a knife so I can eat it with a fork, an extra step so the corn goes in my mouth rather than on my face.

Side to side for me

Never even considered going round to be honest

Savages.

Left to right, typewriter style for me.

typewriter style, ive never seen anyone eat corn in a manner of the picture you posted.

Back