rickp

Reaction score
Handicap
I have developed bad tendinitis in my right elbow and I was wondering if there are grips that will help by absorbing the shock better.

Thanks for your help.

It's my understanding that any mid size grip should absorb the vibration better and hopefully give you some relief. Good Luck!

I have developed bad tendinitis in my right elbow and I was wondering if there are grips that will help by absorbing the shock better.

Thanks for your help.

Softer grips definitely help, but the wrong sized grip (too small or too large) could make the problem worse. For my chronic wrist tendinitis, pro soft inserts in the irons did the trick. they are cheap and dampen harmful shock. of course graphite shafts in your irons are likely the best and most expensive solution. most importantly, i suggest you determine if there is a part of your swing that caused the problem (or maybe you got it from another activity). always best to find the root cause. g luck

Thanks for your help.

Agree with one of the other posts - gotta find the grip that fits your hands/swing best, and also think about using Pro-soft inserts or Sensicore inserts from True Temper. Other option, though more expensive, is to look at graphite shafts in the irons.

Where in your elbow is the tendonitis? Is it golfer's elbow or tennis elbow? When did the pain start? Also, how many years young are you?

If your issue becomes chronic check out www.tenexhealth.com . It is a minimally invasive procedure for tendon issues like what you have plus plantar fascitis and achilles tendon problems. It should be covered under your insurance.

You need to do some physical therapy for it. My dad got it a few years ago and a pt showed him a set of simple exercises to do with a hammer. Use no more than a 16oz hammer (12 is the most common). Hold it in your hand and keep your arm steady. Then you do 50 reps of each exercise. All the exercises are just wrist motions. Supination, pronation (those are basically twisting one way or the other), then radial and ulnar contractions (those are the normal hammer motion, in both directions, but with just your wrist), and then mini wrist curls for the front and back of your forearms. So 6 exercises 50 times each. Takes 5-10 minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great information on the PT. I switched to Recoil shafts-love them and seem to help a bunch with my elbow issues.

Back