Don’t call it a Come Back

usaf_giles

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I’ve been here for years.......

Ok that’s enough. So long story short. I’ve been a THP’er for about seven years or so, with only a break between my tours to Iraq, Afghanistan, and Africa. I love this game more than just about anything. The week following 2018’s Ultimate Weekend, I tore my ACL and Meniscus playing football (the real kind ⚽️)

So before I could could give a proper review of my Ping 210’s (paired with those banging Elevate shafts) I was out of the game. I felt bad, and ashamed for taking them in the first place. So I apologize to JB, the THP community, and True Temper. Not being able to play, made me miserable, so much, that I avoided all things golf, even THP.

Long story short, I am starting back hitting balls this week, and am ecstatic to rejoin this community. I missed all of you and hope I can be forgiven for abandoning you.

I started this thread to document my trials coming from a single digit handicapper to what ever I am now.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome back!

Hope your all healed up and quickly get back to enjoying this great game!

Glad to hear your back at it and looking forward to reading about your experience with the i210s and if you pick up where you left off with those sticks!

Good luck and hope you can hit them well.

Hey, welcome back! I also look forward to your feedback on the irons paired with those amazing shafts. Hopefully your ACL is healed up, I know that is a long tough recovery.

Just like riding a bike. You'll be back to form faster than you think.

Welcome back!!!

Welcome. I was quick to get back into golf form after a lay off, every situation is different. Hopefully, whatever you are now meets where you left off soon. Regardless, improvement is always a worthy chase.

Welcome back and glad that you're finally mended up well enough to start swinging again. Should have been playing that other kind of football :alien2:

Forgiven? This is an internet golf forum. What you do/did for a living far exceeds anything we could ever ask for.
Welcome back, glad to hear it has healed up for you and hope to see you again soon.

Welcome back! Wishing you a healthy continued recovery

Thank you for your service sir.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

How many Giles living in Augusta does this place have??

Welcome back!

Is there another?

Back