Get Cured Team Match Play - THP Event in NY

I agree. Im curious on how people react to putting a new putter in play. I have a feeling it will take a few holes and then by day 2, everybody will be locked in.
I'll be locked in before I leave the putting green.

I agree. Im curious on how people react to putting a new putter in play. I have a feeling it will take a few holes and then by day 2, everybody will be locked in.
Will we get much time with the putter before play starts?

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

that's a good point, when will we get the putters, Saturday morning? or Friday? I assume you guys will wait until everyone is there, but how long we have before the round to practive will play a major role.

It will definitely be challenging early on since so much of putting is feel. I switched back to a blade putter this winter, so hopefully that will help me get comfortable with the CX1 a little bit quicker.

Some people might take a while to get locked in. Im usually a honeymoon guy with putters, give me something new and good things happen.

Some people might take a while to get locked in. Im usually a honeymoon guy with putters, give me something new and good things happen.

Hope you don't have to say that to your team during the event. :D

I've usually been able to dial in putting pretty quickly, the only exception was with an insert putter where I was missing part of the insert on some putts. Don't see that happening here.

After rereading last years update thread, I'm going to practice some really long range putts in hopes of a putting contest as well.

Hope you don't have to say that to your team during the event. :D
Only thing Im saying to my team that weekend is thank you for winning me a HOF tag

When is the last time you played this course? what would you say the overall feel of the course? tight? fast greens? uneven lies, lots of hazards ect?

I played it last summer, but it was real soggy at the time. It's a real fair course, tight in some places, but others you can rip it off the tee. Greens are fast during the summer, but I'm not sure what they are like in May. I had a few uneven lies the last time I played, but nothing drastic. Your biggest hazards are going to be the sand and fescue, with occasional water. There are a few holes on the front where a bad slice will get you into the river, not that I've ever done that:alien:. Hopefully MudFlap and I can get a round in there pretty soon to get you guys some pics off the tees and approach shots.

this could be a tricky one. is the pin back right or front left? are there teirs on the green?

if the pin is fron left, I got at it all day every day. if it is tucked behind the bunker, the shape of the green will dictate what I try to do, if its fairly flat, I'll aim for the left part of the green and trust Cure for the long putt. if not, I'll give it a try to shoot one up over that bunker.

It's cool to hear the selection of everybody's putter. Also with Cure running a great Master's contest again, excitement for the brand and this event should be pretty high

I like the length of this par 3 (depending upon wind), center of the green should be a full club shot for me at either white or blue tees and let the cure ring the bell from there.

Pretty straight forward Par3. I like it. Middle of the green. 2 putts and move on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Booked at the Hampton Inn also. I won't be out there until mid-day (2-4ish) depending upon traffic so I'm likely out for a round on Friday. Would be interested in hitting a range though to loosen up after a 5+ hour car ride.

Booked at the Hampton Inn also. I won't be out there until mid-day (2-4ish) depending upon traffic so I'm likely out for a round on Friday. Would be interested in hitting a range though to loosen up after a 5+ hour car ride.

i might be down depending on when i get there i will be there 4-5 Pm not sure when the meet and greet will start

i might be down depending on when i get there i will be there 4-5 Pm not sure when the meet and greet will start

Good thinking, I'm sure we will have those details soon.

Details on Meet and Greet and Dinner will be rolling out soon and we are really excited about what is coming together.
Hopefully a few more of the participants will be around to join in on the conversation and fun.

Looking forward to the details! Time to get this thread fired up and the trash talk going.

You're going to want to add about 1/2 a club for #13, it's slightly uphill. Like Lefty said, pin placement is key on this hole. Long is better than short here.

hole of the day

why did hey have to pu bunkers there!?

depending on how I am going of the tee, I might chuuse a club that would put me just short of the bunkers, right side of the fairway, leaving me with a 145 yards shor into the greens. from the name of the hole, I assume I'll have to club up to get to the green.

why did hey have to pu bunkers there!?

depending on how I am going of the tee, I might chuuse a club that would put me just short of the bunkers, right side of the fairway, leaving me with a 145 yards shor into the greens. from the name of the hole, I assume I'll have to club up to get to the green.
I'm hitting driver and carrying the bunkers just can't go left

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Get Cured Team Match Play - THP Event in NY

hole of the day

I am not a fan of the shape of this hole. Just does not fit my eye at all. I will however make it work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quite a few short holes on this course. Assuming we all bring our A games, we should have a lot of good looks at birdies, and then our new Cure putters will shine and roll them in. Always fun to halve holes with matching birdies and pars. Hope everyone plays well and the quality of golf is high (maybe just a tad bit higher on Team White:act-up:)!

Back