1st Contest - The 2016 Grandaddy of Em All - The All Expenses Paid Trip of a Lifetime

I don't even know if I could even describe what it would feel like to take part in this event. Reading through last years thread, the event is truly the chance of a lifetime. Entry is submitted and excited to see who gets in!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All done and entered. Thanks

Maybe I missed this but just to be clear are both courses of the hideaway utilized or do we play one or the other?

Both courses are played. This past event we played 18 on the dye course then 9 on the Clive course day 1 then 18 on the Clive course day 2

I think the Harry show is the best to date. Just a great interview and full of awesome information.

Jason's interview hits a home run for sure! Hearing him talk about The Grandaddy certainly took me right back. But the thing that stands out. His is deep rooted connection to family. Just proves his super villain is a facade hahahaha... Finley is a great dude no doubt.

As mush as I try to convince people how amazing THP, Callaway, and the Grandaddy is, I am always met with skepticism because I am relaying information from others (having not experienced it myself):

"That can't be a real thing" - It is. Awesome THP'ers get to experience it.
"Well there certainly must be a catch to the whole thing" - there isn't, other than every other member waits in anticipation for reviews, thoughts, and picture after picture.
"They can't possibly custom fit all that gear and get it to play the next day" - well they do, and it looks freeking awesome!
Maybe that's good - less competition! Just kidding, I like competition!

Well it's Masters eve and entry has been in. Ready for a great weekend of golf and hopefully early next week having to block some time off work in December. Good luck guys and gals.

Maybe I missed this but just to be clear are both courses of the hideaway utilized or do we play one or the other?

Dude, you're at The Hideaway and the Mother-ef-ing Grandaddy. You could play the same hole 35 times and I would be happy.

Little Masters Bump for everybody.
The Grandaddy is coming.

I've been going over in my head how I would react if selected. If I found out at work, they would probably think I lost my mind!

I've been going over in my head how I would react if selected. If I found out at work, they would probably think I lost my mind!

I've tried as well. I don't think it's possible to imagine.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

efde0474e7d2892b56213cd6f49d859a.jpg

That coin is awesome.

#TheGrandaddyIsComing

Man I love the look of the Hideaway coins. So elegant.

#TheGrandaddyIsComing

Man I love the look of the Hideaway coins. So elegant.
Those coins are just there for the taking. They have them in a box next to the tees and pencils. I couldnt grab enough of them lol the other coins i have i bought at the pro shop

Next week can't get here fast enough!! Got everything crossed that can be crossed... hoping for some good luck!!

It's hard to believe the contests are already going on. The excitement is building steady and fast! So ready to see who will join team thp this time!

If I am lucky enough to get picked, I will definitely be getting some instruction to help me with a couple areas of my game so I can be the best player I can possible. It would be a huge step for me as I have never taken a lesson. Probably should have, but I have always been too stubborn to do so. However, with this being a team event, I wouldn't feel right not doing everything I could, to be be as prepared as I could for my teammates.

Entry in. Man, the Finley episode of #thpradio has me even more pumped about this than I already was. This event sounds beyond amazing.

Last edited:
I think that depending where I am ......no that wouldn't matter .... I would probably get hauled away by the loony bus I would be so excited that people would think I just hit the powerball?

Last edited:
Masters weekend and the Grandaddy contest=epic weekend of golf. Pro masters and amateur masters meeting up in time!

It's crazy that another year off #TheGrandaddy is upon us already! I love it and it sure makes you appreciate all the hard work put in by Callaway, JB and the captain!

If I am lucky enough to get picked, I will definitely be getting some instruction to help me with a couple areas of my game so I can be the best player I can possible. It would be a huge step for me as I have never taken a lesson. Probably should have, but I have always been too stubborn to do so. However, with this being a team event, I wouldn't feel right not doing everything I could, to be be as prepared as I could for my teammates.

I think thats something that can be done regardless if you get picked or not. Were about 8 months out from the event, a lot in life can happen. You never know when a spot will open up and if you get the call you dont wanna be cramming last minute you know? If you think it can get your game ready, Grandaddy participant or not, its always best to be ready

1st Contest - The 2016 Grandaddy of Em All - The All Expenses Paid Trip of a Lifetime

So the Grandaddy is pretty much the Masters for THPrs. Invite only, awesome golf course, great food and drink and small fraternity of brothers! #Noice

Masters week and #TheGrandaddy belong in the same sentence.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

So the Grandaddy is pretty much the Masters for THPrs. Invite only, awesome golf course, great food and drink and small fraternity of brothers! #Noice
That is a great way to put it. But i look at it as the Masters is the Grandaddy of the PGA :)

Back