Is it the new club (heads), the shaft, or just me...

Foxtrot789

Reaction score
Handicap
Just upgraded from a set of 2007 X-Forged with PX 6.0 Rifle shafts to the Razr X forged irons w/ PX 5.5 Flighted shafts. (I've wanted these clubs for quite a while, found a set in flawless condition for dirt cheap, so it was a bit of an impulse buy.) Anyway, I don't know if i'm just out of rhythm lately but the new clubs are lacking distance ...

I'm not sure my different iron swing speeds, although my driver is about 103-105. I have a somewhat quick swing, quick(er) at the transition plus I don't create tons of lag either... I know there's not at all enough info provided to fully asses my question but do you guys think it's possible, or even likely, that these 5.5 Flighted shafts are just a terrible combo for my swing type?

I don't think it'd be the club heads themselves, the lofts are the same and as far as I can tell the only other difference in measurable design is slightly more bounce...

Any help would be great. I still have the both sets so I'll probably throw a head or two onto the 6.0's to see how they feel, but I just wanted to get some experienced advice.

Thanks!

Its hard to say with what you are giving here. Ill be honest and say its most likely the swing.

How does the flight look with your old set compared to the new ones? Is the distance lost across the whole set or just in the long irons? PX Flighted are designed to launch and spin more in the long irons so it's possible that you are getting more spin than you need. You have also gone down in flex so it's likely that you are spinning all of the heads a little more.

How does the flight look with your old set compared to the new ones? Is the distance lost across the whole set or just in the long irons? PX Flighted are designed to launch and spin more in the long irons so it's possible that you are getting more spin than you need. You have also gone down in flex so it's likely that you are spinning all of the heads a little more.

Thanks for the input DB. The flight is similar, not a vastly different but the loss seemed to be across the board. I haven't had the time to swap some heads but it sounds like I should give the 6.0's a try. I'll report my results (in case anyone's interested).

Thanks for the help.

Of course we are interesting.

Back