Play it Forward.....Callaway SureOut

Wildcat

#TeamBlake '23 and '24 Quest Cup
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 2.6
Having trouble getting out of the bunker? Want to try hitting a flop shot? This thread is for you.

I had trouble with these shots but I think it was just confidence. This club will help with this. I know it looks like a gimmick but the results are real. I have since moved on from this club.....first a McDaddy 64 and now a Vokey 60 but this club gave me the confidence to play those and get out of the bunker the first time every time.

This is a free contest. Just tell me you’re worst bunker experience. @KYgolfer maybe you can share yours. And end it with “I’m in”. I will draw a winner at Thursday at 6 AZ time.

This is a Callaway SureOut 64 degree with a KBS wedge 90 shaft. This is last years model and not the most recent.

This is a fun club that can help a lot of THPers that struggle in the bunker. Let’s get it going.

492f1ce65a9d4d7c30e701fde10209f5.jpg

4f4b6c33bc31d73938fb21b4aa201c4a.jpg

6959cdbca3034bcaa539860e9cd71475.jpg

a73ac93f6777e7685c84b328896230af.jpg

83ef61d56d68e588a01a6b5c42ad4aad.jpg

If you have any questions about this club.....ask away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wish was a lefty! Good luck everyone!

Just tell me you’re worst bunker experience. @KYgolfer maybe you can share yours.

I'm not sure even the SureOut would've helped me that day.

I have to mention a little before the bunker, but here we go...

About 15 years ago I'm playing in my first ever tournament away from my club in Myrtle Beach at Glen Dornoch and really don't know the rules like I should've.

I'm -1 thru 3 going to my 4th hole. A 212yd par 3 with the inter-coastal waterway to our left, and part of it between the tee and the green.
On the right of the green is a huge hill that feeds into a bunker (see photo below). I proceed to pull my tee shot into the waterway (1). From
the drop zone, I fat my wedge onto the side of this previously mentioned hill (3). Ball is literally a foot above my head in thick rough. I get just
enough ball to make it into the bunker (4). Nice flat lie in the bunker and I thin it right under the lip so bad that only about 1/4 of the ball is visible (5).
Here's where not knowing the rules come in. Today, I take an unplayable and try again from the bunker. Then, I beat the living hell outta that lip trying
to get my ball out from under it. One swing after another, no stopping in between. Finally I'm out (?). 2 putts and start counting.

So I'm trying to recount all this while the other guys are finishing. 1 in the drink, 3 on the hill, 4 in the trap, 5 in the lip, 6,7,8,9,10 under the lip, 12 on the
green and 2 putts for a 14. My cart partner comes over and says "whatever you say I'm good with". I could tell he felt bad for me. So after the others finish,
I say "I counted 14, anyone have anything different"? One of the other guys say "Yes, I had 15." I thought my cart partner was gonna kill this dude. I told
him not to worry about it and just let it go because I asked. He wouldn't have it. He cussed him up and down the entire rest of the day short of punching this guy.
"As if 14 wasn't bad enough, you got the balls to tell him he had a 15. I'll beat your A$$". Me and my cart partner are now really good friends. He lives in Utah
and I see him once a year at least. He of course had to tell everyone about my hole so I heard the whispers "there goes the guy who made a 15 on a par 3". Kind
of a legendary story that is told all the time when we are all together now.

Glen-Dornoch-_0001_hole-17-full.jpgGD1.JPG

Yes, the lip of that bunker was in bad shape when I was finished. I feel bad about tearing up the course. Just shows we should know the rules.

Unplayable was the way to go. Lol!!!

Good Luck everyone!!

Last edited:
Having benefitted from one of this awesome guys contests, have fun folks! If you doubt the awesome part, find the Titleist live update thread, lol. He’s an animal!:)

Worst experience here, probably not taking an unplayable when my home course first got new sand. They put in WAY too much of it and it’s not the right type. I hit a 9i into one on hole 2 the first day they had the new sand. I hit the ball WAY high. I get to the ball and it’s at least 6-8” deep, more of a buried meteorite than a fried egg. Took me three shots just to dig enough sand to get the club on the ball. Needless to say I avoid those bunkers now. This stinks because most of them are where you want to miss at, but I’d rather lake one than put one in to these bunkers on the fly.

I’m in!

This place is awesome! So glad I stumbled upon this site, as I have never been on a forum as tight knit as this!

Sure wish I was a lefty :)

Good luck everyone, and looking forward to the stories.

Having won the Spider Tour from the legend WildCat I will not be entering this one, but good luck to everyone.

Guys I don't think this is a left handed club. Unless I missed something, Wildcat plays right handed.

This place is awesome! So glad I stumbled upon this site, as I have never been on a forum as tight knit as this!

Sure wish I was a lefty :)

Good luck everyone, and looking forward to the stories.

It’s a right handed club if that helps, I think the previous guy that is a lefty meant to put “wasn’t a lefty”. Although I’m pretty sure that Wildcat4life could play lefty clubs or even righty clubs left handed.

And you are right, this place is awesome!

Haha, I completely missed that it wasn't a lefty. Read the 2nd post and ran with it.

Nice contest wildcat4life! Good luck guys

My story isn't far fetched or glamorous, as I haven't played golf for long, and have only ever played one golf course.

A few weeks ago, with my first time back playing on the course in many years, I teed up on hole number 4 (par 5 dogleg right) and hit it straight into a bunker at the turn. 3 shots later, I end up in the only other bunker on this hole by the green, only to make hard contact with only the ball and send it flying over the green. :nono: Needless to say, I was ready to move on to the next hole.

Our local public golf course doesn't have an insane amount of bunkers, but I seem to be able to find just about every one.

Have been looking at different wedges, as all I have right now is a 56 degree Accuspin, but haven't pulled the trigger yet. Really wish the the practice putting green had a small sand trap. Maybe I need to make the kids a "sandbox" in the back yard :D

Good luck everyone, and thank you so much for the opportunity @Wildcat4life !

Last edited by a moderator:
I can confirm this is a right handed club.

I'm not entering this, but I don't believe I posted this from the Sweep golf outing. @JBCobbIII at his finest
2eec757b95c1437c6542b0bc4c8d96eb.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I'm in!

I'd have to say worst would be a tall bunker I got stuck in at La Costa during #thce last year. I couldn't get out of it, after 4 attempts I took an unplayable. I ended up losing by 2 so that hole cost me pretty good.

I've wanted to try one of these so I'm in.

Years ago I was a member at our local club, a nine hole course. I, a fairly novice golfer at the time, was out with one of my sons, who was nine (he's now 22). We are coming in on hole nine, a 200+ par 3. Sunday night, dusk, we are the last ones on the course. My tee shot lands in a bunker two-thirds of the way down on the left.

I commence to instruct my son on the importance of committing to the bunker shot. "Make sure your hands carry all the way through." "Fully commit." Etc.

I then take my swing, to which I certainly committed. My ball is headed right at the clubhouse, where earlier that week big beautiful new picture windows were installed. I'm convinced my ball is headed right at one of those windows, and that I will never be able to live down my crime against the club and against golf in general.

Thankfully, I took my own advice to the nth degree, and the ball overshot the wraparound porch and the new windows, clanging off the metallic roof of the clubhouse. I see that no one is on the porch to witness my assault on the building. I grab my son, telling him, "We gotta go!" "But Dad, I wanna finish the hole." "We gotta go!" "But Dad, I wanna get something to eat inside." "We GOTTA GO!" And we did.

That is my story.

I'm in.

Would love to be entered into this but I don’t have a best bunker story yet as I have just started playing golf. Actually Saturday will be my first outing with about 6 other guys from work. Maybe I’ll have a good story after Saturday.

Would love to be entered into this but I don’t have a best bunker story yet as I have just started playing golf. Actually Saturday will be my first outing with about 6 other guys from work. Maybe I’ll have a good story after Saturday.

This contest is for you. This is a great club for guys getting into the game. I’ll overrule myself and you’re in. Hahahaha

This ultimately will be a raffle. Not based on the stories. But I am enjoying the stories and I hope THP is too.

My worst was that I kept hitting from one bunker on the right side of the green to the left side of the bunker and back again 6 times. Bunkers were not full of sand and AZ THPers will understand that. Everyone one off them hit the green and kept on rolling. I almost gave up but my playing partners kept me going.

Just wanted to remind everyone that there is just a few hours left to enter.

I was playing in the 2017 THP Championship at Dubsdread/Cog Hill and put my 2nd shot on #4 in a deep bunker greenside. At the time there also happened to be a wood wall directly in front of me. Needless to say I hammered one off the wall and just about killed myself and partner who was trying to help me. Loved playing that course but it was brutal for a guy of my golfing abilities. That course had more sand than the desert. And Thanks to Wildcat4life for the opportunity.

I'm In.

Last edited:
Years ago I was a member at our local club, a nine hole course. I, a fairly novice golfer at the time, was out with one of my sons, who was nine (he's now 22). We are coming in on hole nine, a 200+ par 3. Sunday night, dusk, we are the last ones on the course. My tee shot lands in a bunker two-thirds of the way down on the left.

I commence to instruct my son on the importance of committing to the bunker shot. "Make sure your hands carry all the way through." "Fully commit." Etc.

I then take my swing, to which I certainly committed. My ball is headed right at the clubhouse, where earlier that week big beautiful new picture windows were installed. I'm convinced my ball is headed right at one of those windows, and that I will never be able to live down my crime against the club and against golf in general.

Thankfully, I took my own advice to the nth degree, and the ball overshot the wraparound porch and the new windows, clanging off the metallic roof of the clubhouse. I see that no one is on the porch to witness my assault on the building. I grab my son, telling him, "We gotta go!" "But Dad, I wanna finish the hole." "We gotta go!" "But Dad, I wanna get something to eat inside." "We GOTTA GO!" And we did.

That is my story.

I'm in.

Congrats @MikeStar you are the winner. I will PM for your address.

I love doing these contests....hoping this club helps.

20ff0753657f186b476edcaf2a817ea8.jpg

Woo hoo! I've improved as a player but can always use help from the beach. @Wildcat4Life thanks for helping make THP a great place.

Congrats!!!

Back