Free set of Ping G5

oumagic

‘24 NFL Experience at Ballyhack
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 11.2
THESE ARE GIVEN AWAY.

I want to give away my set of pings that are in the garage to someone that will use them. I would love to see someone that wants them for someone new to the game. There is a 10.5 degree driver, 19 and 22 degree hybrid, and 5i-SW. all regular flex and graphite shafts with newish golf pride wrap grips.

I have a Ping cart bag too, but you would need to pay shipping on that if you want it; I have never shipped something that large? I posted the same offer in the high school thread to see if any coaches wanted for a junior golfer, but have not heard back. It is not new technology, but still perfectly fine clubs. Just PM me and tell me where to send and they are yours. Just don’t take them to trade or sell, please. No catch; I just want them out of the garage and in the hands of someone that could use them. I can take more pictures if you want.
cb31e0840511ed8dc972d6d9915b12f5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Don't need them, but that's an awesome gesture!

Donate to your local First Tee program and save on shipping.

Thanks for doing this, I am sure someone on here will love them.

Awesome gesture. I am sure someone will put them to good use.

Donate to your local First Tee program and save on shipping.

This is what I do if I can't find a local person that wants to learn the game and need a set.

regardless, awesome gesture!

I will take them if still available. I have some High Schoolers that could put them to great use.

I posted this before bed and have a number of messages. I will go by first message in and send these out. Thanks all for your interest. These will be going to a member whose son has outgrown his junior clubs.

Last edited:
Very generous! I hope they work out for the kid!

ahh too late. Nice gesture man!
Too bad, I work with this guy who has 8 kids, he's 50 and started golfing last year. He loves golf. Last round he had 2 new clubs he bought at Value village. He bought a Driver for $4.99, and a hybrid for $3.99. He's always too broke to buy clubs, and has a pitiful set. I've given him a few of my old wedges, but he's in need of irons, Driver, and a 3 wood/hybrid as his Value village clubs aren't up to snuff, lol.

But giving these to a kid is the best route for sure. Again nice gesture!

Awesome gesture on your part! :clapp:

ahh too late. Nice gesture man!
Too bad, I work with this guy who has 8 kids, he's 50 and started golfing last year. He loves golf. Last round he had 2 new clubs he bought at Value village. He bought a Driver for $4.99, and a hybrid for $3.99. He's always too broke to buy clubs, and has a pitiful set. I've given him a few of my old wedges, but he's in need of irons, Driver, and a 3 wood/hybrid as his Value village clubs aren't up to snuff, lol.

But giving these to a kid is the best route for sure. Again nice gesture!

My first good set when I was about 15-16 was given to me by a random stranger who had just upgraded. We played LaFortune park par 3 course at night in Tulsa, OK and were randomly grouped. At the end of the round he asked me if I wanted his clubs and I said "yes." (They were a knock off set of the Tommy Armour Silver Scot 845). I think the guy came out that night just to specifically give them away, because his new irons were in his trunk. I went to the executive course a few times recently to see if a father/son might be playing that I could do the same and didn't run into anyone. So, anyway, I just kind of thought it would be cool to give to a newer golfer and know where they ended up. One time I upgraded, I gave my old set to my brother. Another time, I took the trade-in. I am sorry to those that messaged me and I had already given them away, but I only had one set.

One other thing. I tried to do this anonymously because I didn't want to have to decide who got them and didn't want the attention, but I was told that I had to do it myself. I appreciate people saying kind things, but it was just a pay it forward type of thing I wanted to do. If anyone is to thank, it is my wife who let me buy new clubs in March and drags me to all of the children charity events ;)

Last edited:
My first good set when I was about 15-16 was given to me by a random stranger who had just upgraded. We played LaFortune park par 3 course at night in Tulsa, OK and were randomly grouped. At the end of the round he asked me if I wanted his clubs and I said "yes." (They were a knock off set of the Tommy Armour Silver Scot 845). I think the guy came out that night just to specifically give them away, because his new irons were in his trunk. I went to the executive course a few times recently to see if a father/son might be playing that I could do the same and didn't run into anyone. So, anyway, I just kind of thought it would be cool to give to a newer golfer and know where they ended up. One time I upgraded, I gave my old set to my brother. Another time, I took the trade-in. I am sorry to those that messaged me and I had already given them away, but I only had one set.

One other thing. I tried to do this anonymously because I didn't want to have to decide who got them and didn't want the attention, but I was told that I had to do it myself. I appreciate people saying kind things, but it was just a pay it forward type of thing I wanted to do. If anyone is to thank, it is my wife who let me buy new clubs in March and drags me to all of the children charity events ;)

I’m playing with a set of Tommy Armour 845s OS someone gave me for free too. They were a friends dads and he passed away 10-15 years ago. They had never been hit when given to me..... I absolutely love them for an entry set, even 20 years old. I’ve tried newer irons and I think I’ll stick with my “oldies” until I get much better. It’s an amazing community here, and I love to see stuff like this. I was on a SERIOUS Budget when getting clubs to get back into the game. The free irons allowed me to get a callaway fusion driver and 3w.

I’m playing with a set of Tommy Armour 845s OS someone gave me for free too. They were a friends dads and he passed away 10-15 years ago. They had never been hit when given to me..... I absolutely love them for an entry set, even 20 years old. I’ve tried newer irons and I think I’ll stick with my “oldies” until I get much better. It’s an amazing community here, and I love to see stuff like this. I was on a SERIOUS Budget when getting clubs to get back into the game. The free irons allowed me to get a callaway fusion driver and 3w.

The ones I had weren’t the real deal. They were knock offs but I still felt blessed to get them. They were pretty rusty when I bought my first set in 1995 or so, but they definitely worked.

Back