should push carts be allowed on tour? or also power carts?

should push carts be allowed on tour? or also power carts?

• allow push carts

Votes: 34 43.6%
  • unsure about push carts

Votes: 5 6.4%
  • do not allow push carts

Votes: 35 44.9%
  • allow power carts

Votes: 7 9.0%
  • unsure about power carts

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • do not allow power carts

Votes: 49 62.8%

• Total voters
The tour is a private organization, so the rule should be whatever the tour wants it to be. While I felt sorry for Casey Martin, I did not agree with the courts ruling.

I say leave it the way it is.

I'm tired of change, not everything needs to be changed, some things can stay as they are because they aren't broke.

I don't really get the "no pushcart" vote just for a "there is no need" as a reason. I mean really whats the difference if the caddy is carrying the clubs or rolling a cart? Its not affecting the player anyway and so why not allow the caddy to push a cart? I don't get why this would bother some of you. The reason that says "there is no need" doesn't really imo hold any value towards being a reason not to allow it. Would this masters be affected or the players finish and play any different just because the caddy's are rolling carts instead of carrying? Saying no because there is no need imo is almost like saying no just to say no. Has no value imo. Tradition (even though I don't like that reason either) at least holds an arguable value. Or if one felt the players are affected would hold some value to argue. But just because its not needed? Kind of not a reason to deny. And besides I'll bet some caddy's would like to use them if they could. That imo is far more a reason for it than using a "its not needed" to be the reason against it. That's my .02 for that.

what value does having a caddy push a bag around provide to anyone. If a caddy is unable to carry a bag then he shouldn't be a caddy. I think a caddy pushing a cart during a tournament looks silly...it's not like he needs the energy to swing a club down the stretch.

I would wager that there isn't one caddie on tour who thinks I would rather push a cart around than carry the bag. Then there could be situations where they can't take the cart close to the green and would have to spend the energy walking to the cart, maneuver it around the green to get to the next hole instead of laying the bag right by the green, grabbing it and moving on

what value does having a caddy push a bag around provide to anyone. If a caddy is unable to carry a bag then he shouldn't be a caddy. I think a caddy pushing a cart during a tournament looks silly...it's not like he needs the energy to swing a club down the stretch.

I would wager that there isn't one caddie on tour who thinks I would rather push a cart around than carry the bag. Then there could be situations where they can't take the cart close to the green and would have to spend the energy walking to the cart, maneuver it around the green to get to the next hole instead of laying the bag right by the green, grabbing it and moving on

The greens situation is a point I didn't consider. But not really an issue imo as putting is putting and so only for chipping is it any issue at all and fwiw we do it without caddy's all the time. And we are far more pressed for time than they are. That imo wouldn't put the smallest dent (if even any) in pro tourney time frame either way. They have a ton of time to get their bag cart whatever imo. They take too much time but that's their play doing that. The caddy can go round up 19 bags and carts in the time many these players take a putting stroke..lol

looking silly? only because we are not use to it. Once that initial new look ever became more a common thing it will look absolutely normal. That works the same way with just about anything.

But I would ask why does it have to provide a value anyway? It doesn't provide any value by not having one. It would just be a matter of convenience for those who would prefer to roll one if they wanted to. And that would then be something of a value for that person. The game/sport and all it might stand for imo loses no value whatsoever if pushcarts were allowed.

The part I put i bold is the real answer to this rather odd notion. I can't see any caddie worth his pay who would have any interest in pushing a cart around. It just isn't in his job description.

I'm not really sure why Rollin is so adamant about this. Is there really anything wrong with the way it is?

Allow them, I mean why not? What does it hurt? I am in the boat that if they want to use a cart let them.

The part I put i bold is the real answer to this rather odd notion. I can't see any caddie worth his pay who would have any interest in pushing a cart around. It just isn't in his job description.

I'm not really sure why Rollin is so adamant about this. Is there really anything wrong with the way it is?

This is not any real argument about anything of real importance here. Imo makes for a good conversation about golf. Imo there doesn't have to be something wrong in order for carts to be allowed. The caddy's job description? What would be any problem with that at all whether they carried or pushed. We might even find in the future that it could one day end up in their job description that they don't carry. Crazy as that sounds..lol

I say let the caddy/player decide ... I am tired of some "traditions" ... it gets old hearing that excuse ...

except in cases of physical impairment, no.

Push Carts are good to go on Monday qualifiers as far as I know, they were at Riviera at least.

The greens situation is a point I didn't consider. But not really an issue imo as putting is putting and so only for chipping is it any issue at all and fwiw we do it without caddy's all the time. And we are far more pressed for time than they are. That imo wouldn't put the smallest dent (if even any) in pro tourney time frame either way. They have a ton of time to get their bag cart whatever imo. They take too much time but that's their play doing that. The caddy can go round up 19 bags and carts in the time many these players take a putting stroke..lol

looking silly? only because we are not use to it. Once that initial new look ever became more a common thing it will look absolutely normal. That works the same way with just about anything.

But I would ask why does it have to provide a value anyway? It doesn't provide any value by not having one. It would just be a matter of convenience for those who would prefer to roll one if they wanted to. And that would then be something of a value for that person. The game/sport and all it might stand for imo loses no value whatsoever if pushcarts were allowed.

The less time any of the pros or caddies take is better for golf and a player having to wait for his caddie to walk over to a cart, push it to the next hole then go thru the hole process of club selection while it may not seem like a lot adds up over the course of a round.

the purpose of a push cart is to make it easier on a player who wants to walk a course by not having to carry his/her clubs and play golf. The caddie is not playing golf and therefore doesn't need to be relived of the starin of carrying clubs and playing golf.

Seeing 2-3 guys not playing golf pushing a cart IMO looks ridiculous. What about costs. While the big name guys fly private jets and don't have to worry about bag fees etc but the guys who are journeyman and play pretty much every week have to save money wherever possible and having an added expense of another item to be placed on the plane and pay for said item eats into their earnings.

There is nothing wrong with the way it is and caddies know they are getting paid to carry a bag not push one around. Not sure why he so adamant either but it is what it is.

What is the point of changing it? Just to change it?

What is the point of changing it? Just to change it?

If there was a caddy who wanted to use one...... then I would say why not. Just not a big deal if someone chose to do that imo. It has no affect on the player because hes not carrying clubs anyway. Perhaps in the future this might be a common sight. Who knows? I think it be pretty cool to see them pushing carts around. Kind of like us regular people do.

If it speeds up play then do it, if not no way

I would say yes for the simple principle that one could customize his cart so that it could be a moving billboard for their respective sponsors, nothing wrong with making more money...lol

No, just shorts for the caddies and players!

I'm with the "no" crowd. What do you do on courses like TPC Boston, where the players get a ride between a few holes? Do they take the bag off the cart, fold it up, and put it back together on the next tee? Or wait for the caddy pushing the cart to catch up?

This seems like a straightforward "if it ain't broke" situation to me.

But they can use them for Monday qualifiers so it seems more of a optics on tv rule.

well.....fwiw the pushcart voting is very far from being one sided. I actually thought it would have been much heavier on the "no" side. So the idea I guess appears as though it would not be so unwelcomed.

Ugh. Powered carts would be awful for TV.

IDK...I think it could be very entertaining. I would guess each cart would end up looking like a one of the cars from NASCAR though. Along with a load of trailers at each event for the carts. I can see the contrast in each player's cart being funny, Bubba with a jacked up cart and Bud light logos all over it, Lefty with the all black and like 2 logos....it could work. :alien:

(I know..they'd use the local carts but it's a funny picture in my mind)

IDK...I think it could be very entertaining. I would guess each cart would end up looking like a one of the cars from NASCAR though. Along with a load of trailers at each event for the carts. I can see the contrast in each player's cart being funny, Bubba with a jacked up cart and Bud light logos all over it, Lefty with the all black and like 2 logos....it could work. :alien:

(I know..they'd use the local carts but it's a funny picture in my mind)

He'd try to get the PGA tour to let him use the hovercraft.

Back