Nike Vapor Flex 440 Driver

I'll 2nd, the sole looks mean... but the crown is kind of bizarre.

Did you get to see any numbers or was it just an "eye and feel" test?

Wasn't a club I even considered heading into the store (truth is, I didn't consider any driver at all lmao) but when I was handed it, felt it and saw the numbers I got... And that repeated itself over and over, the feel and results. I was sold :D (Became an expensive impulse order when I also tried the FW's and loved those too... :banghead:) Now I'm like a kid the weeks before x-mas :banana:

I got numbers and will pull them off soon. Have to get my list in what order we hit in.

That looks good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not digging the big Nike swoosh on the crown.

The paint job is blah.

I have never heard a driver that is this muted. Seriously, there is almost no audible feedback. LOW SPIN monster for sure in this one.

I cant remember what my ball flight height was on FlightScope, but it was comical.

I like it. I like the looks. I haven't hit it yet, but it sounds fun.

With the looms deviation, I have a feeling somebody at Nike realized that the traditional (older) golfers will never even try a Nike club, because change is icky. So, they decided to go force towards the 25 and younger demographic.

With the looms deviation, I have a feeling somebody at Nike realized that the traditional (older) golfers will never even try a Nike club, because change is icky. So, they decided to go force towards the 25 and younger demographic.

Unfortunately, in-person, the paint scheme looks cheap and half-assed.

Indeed. They should offer it in an all black option with a blue Nike swoosh.

Big fan of the blue and volt. Low spin makes sad

Having seen the other Vapor Fly offerings, the Pro looms really good

To be fair they haven't had too many traditional looking drivers in quite some time. So it might be less about the golfer and more about the brands marketing. Change in looks didn't impact Ping and nobody is going to confuse their buyer with a young demographic.

I actually like the Black and Blue scheme.
Hearing how muted it is is unappealing to me, I like to have some audible feedback on the quality of strike.

Not sure of the colors and look of the club. However if it performs I would give it a go.

I hit this at lunch.
The club feels long. It doesn't look terrible from the top down, but there are much better looking clubs.

The feel & sound for me can be described as "nothing". I am not saying there is not a sound or feel, but "nothing-ness" was the first thing I thought of.
The Cobra King LTD almost sounded loud in comparison.

The shots for me were all pulls, didn't carry far, but were "knuckle-balls" for a lack of a better description.
The driver was set at 8.5*, neutral setting.

I hit this at lunch.
The club feels long. It doesn't look terrible from the top down, but there are much better looking clubs.

The feel & sound for me can be described as "nothing". I am not saying there is not a sound or feel, but "nothing-ness" was the first thing I thought of.
The Cobra King LTD almost sounded loud in comparison.

The shots for me were all pulls, didn't carry far, but were "knuckle-balls" for a lack of a better description.
The driver was set at 8.5*, neutral setting.

Thats actually a pretty good description. I know what you mean about knuckle balls. I was in the 1200 range for spin when hitting it yesterday. I would need to loft this one up to close to 14* I have a feeling.

I was just going to ask if there was any difference between last year's and this years besides cosmetic. I had hit last years and it just felt very dull to me.

I was just going to ask if there was any difference between last year's and this years besides cosmetic. I had hit last years and it just felt very dull to me.

I also like you dull description. Now I'd take it it was goes 260 and relatively straight. But there is something having a crack to hitting the driver.
Maybe it is all the baseball games I have attended in my youth. It the sound that everyone know when you caught one on the button.

The driver's siblings sound more appropriate.

I also like you dull description. Now I'd take it it was goes 260 and relatively straight. But there is something having a crack to hitting the driver.
Maybe it is all the baseball games I have attended in my youth. It the sound that everyone know when you caught one on the button.

The driver's siblings sound more appropriate.

Agreed. I had purchased the vapor pro for a while and had a much more familiar sound. Never liked the flex sound.

Out of the three fly line of drivers this one had the best sound imo. Very muted and low spin.

This club was the winner for me yesterday at my indoor fitting. I had it in its lowest loft, 8.5, with the weight forward, and the Diamana Limited shaft and it spun too much for me. I was still at the 2400-2600 range. This was by FAR the longest I hit out of 6 drivers I tried (one being my current club) and it also had the tightest dispersion. I loved the feel as it reminded me of the original Alpha, and I didn't really notice an absence of sound or feedback. I called out my best each time as it was pretty easy to tell if it was dead-center or just off. I'm actually going to order one with the Diamana D+ Whiteboard in 70 stiff to help me get a few more RPMs off. If that doesn't work, I'll just put the Nike tip on my Xphlexxx Agera to really get it down.
I will say, though, that if I hit a club during a fitting and it performs better than what I have as well as the other options being demoed, I quickly lose any thought on looks and sound. I like numbers...

I think it looks better than last year's model, and I hope it works better too, my results with it were dismal.

Mine arrived today and it goes in-play tomorrow at a scramble. We'll see how it does. I hit a bucket of balls with it today trying to get all of the settings right, and once I tried to change the weight, loft, fade, etc, I started hitting them with a nice little draw. I'm going to have to get used to a stiff shaft after playing X for the last few years. Anyway.
ae222e6592e3c71001425b4c5599ba5a.jpg
0e66bfffca34ec735ec1b2bf32c36016.jpg
604c5881165e467c75f4638b6844c8bb.jpg
0794dd91a54c30604d3efcc40f5535d8.jpg
b2b5c0a8432e6828cac506e4f2aa27b8.jpg
7e081adda10f3fb86492e8a3400d3f90.jpg
20f540a5df03fd4723dbc2ab188a1811.jpg
b151961b9fa01dbff90e80454e2c75c8.jpg

Back