So hear me out about my idea for the next golf outing here in the DMV (or even a THP Event sometime)
It's called Retro or Throwback Tournament.
- idea is that you play with older clubs.
- they can be as old as you want ... 20 years old, hickory shafted, mashie, blades, etc.
- play with an older ball ... feathery (if you can find one), true balata ball, or even the Rock-flight of the '70s
- the thought is that we all compare our games now with our current technology vs the "lack" of technology of yesteryear
- does it make a difference?
- is technology that much better for your game?
- or can you play with a shell attached to a piece of bamboo .... it doesn't matter, you have the game for all.
I have a number of clubs I could choose from. Including Hogan Persimmon woods & Staff Blades of the late 70's.
So what do you think? Could we make this work?
Throw out some ideas & thoughts. Tell me I'm idiotic & it's never going to happen. :)