2016 Masters Thread & Contest - Amazing Prize

I think we are officially in a new era of golf. It's good to see!

Me too. Its why when I hear TW is still going to break Nicklaus' record I just don't see it.

The Els video just made me sad. He's always been a classy, great ambassador for the game. Never like seeing good guys get punished like this.

Spieth, Sneds, Kuchar looking decent so far in the contest

I went with two of those.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

f684204e98c2c3f54ed7c3c91a1673aa.jpg

All the students are gone!

I built that rollercoaster on the table before... Man.. That was fun!!!!

i just can't get over ernie's putts. for those of you who wonder what the yips are, watch ernie's hands. watch how they twitch at impact. i know how helpless it feels. you make really good practice strokes. everything feels good. you take the putter back, then there's something that just fires right at impact and you have no control over it. it still happens to me, but not as much as it once did. it made me want to quit playing all together for awhile. it's why i'd like to see him retire or take a long hiatus.

I'm kinda dealing with that with pitch shots now, no fun and there is no stopping it. Just have to get back to basics IMO.

Me too. Its why when I hear TW is still going to break Nicklaus' record I just don't see it.

What surprised me is how little ink was spilled over his missing the Masters this year. I read that Sports Illustrated article from this week's issue about Tiger and realized there was nothing new, just a total rehash of everything we already knew for the past 4 years. It felt like the agonal gasp of the old golf press trying to stay relevant writing about Tiger.

It's a new era of golf. The sad part is the press are the last people to find out.

What ever happens he will have to do it in the shadows of these world beaters we have now.

Stuck at work, not happy about it. Thankfully, I have a 3-day weekend this week. I think it's fate, when I'm not playing golf I'll be watching golf! I picked the Aussies for the contest, going with the hot hands and just couldn't pick Speith with the way he's been playing. Not working out so far...

Alright, let's get it going, Rory.

Oh well, little late with my post but won't matter; Oosthuizen was my pick for the tourney but not very likely. Watching Els 7 putt the 1st hole was torture.

scott piercy looks like a guy who would show up late to a night drinking at a bar, and i would get smart with him and end up sucker punching him in the face because i just don't like the way he's looking at me, only for him to absolutely beat me down.

Oh Gawd. Phil was making his move and then just putt the ball about half way to the hole.

Crazy where Day is aiming.

Day looks like he lost weight over the last weeks. Or he is not linger wearing his little bro's shirts

Bubba...wow.

Terrible putt by Bubba, and I'm sure he's going to blame it on anything possible but just his bad stroke

Rough day for Rickie Fowler, at this point he's probably just hoping to make the cut.
It looks like he may be to my Masters picks what Michigan State was to my March Madness bracket.

Bubba seems unaware that the wind can affect a putt.

Bubba :crying:

Back