Cobra KING F6 Fairways and Hybrids Preview

I was able to hit the 3/4 at a demo day along with all the other makes of 3 woods from the other companies. I liked a few, didn't like a few, but the F6 3/4 was my favorite and I went back and hit it again just to make sure. It is on my want list now.
Yeah, I know I'm getting one. My problem now is, do I go 3/4 or 5/6?

I have an extra shaft from testing the F6 driver, so I suppose I could buy the 3/4 and cut down one of my driver shafts to play somewhere between 3 and 5 wood length to make it a bit more manageable for me.

Has anyone gotten one of the fairways in hand yet? I'm debating whether or not I want to go 3/4 or 5/6. Thinking 5/6 but if the 3/4 is easy to hit, I may go that route.

Deuce, I have the F6 3/4 fairway and I find it easy to hit. Basically the same as my XR 3 wood. When I get down to NC your more then welcome to try it out.

So how does the F6 with weight forward compare to the LTD fairway? I assume the LTD is the lower spinning one?

Yeah, I know I'm getting one. My problem now is, do I go 3/4 or 5/6?

I have an extra shaft from testing the F6 driver, so I suppose I could buy the 3/4 and cut down one of my driver shafts to play somewhere between 3 and 5 wood length to make it a bit more manageable for me.

Deuce, I have the F6 3/4 fairway and I find it easy to hit. Basically the same as my XR 3 wood. When I get down to NC your more then welcome to try it out.

F6 Fwy is a beast. Highly recommend it, Mburnha's x stiff oban in it is Fantastic

Snagged an f6 3/4 to test with against an ltd 3/4

I went into the store looking for something with a smaller profile and was more neutral at address compared to my Adams Super S hybrid. I ended up bringing home a King F6 3/4 hybrid to demo. In store I loved the look of it at address, it's feel off the face, and its adjustability. I hit it better than the M2, XR, and G. Here are some pics comparing it to my Adams Super S.

47a88be4294a6c5a5f321e70419f6218.jpg

444bc7aa2eefa7befab269e96d788d87.jpg

fe55dd4af6407874b0558abea83a5f12.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've seen it and held it but haven't hit it but it is the look I want. Hope you continue to follow up with your results.

I got one of these while I was in Florida, and will be posting thoughts on it here once IT STOPS FREAKING SNOWING!!!!!

Cobra KING F6 Fairways and Hybrids Preview

First range session with it, set to 20.5* and I like it so far. It was really easy to hit... I tend to miss towards the toe a it hooked as expected but distances were consistent. Today though my contact was all over the face and I was pleasantly surprised with the results.

Here's a pic at address.

34e95d30d01cac7f87a98d01140f8807.jpg

One last observation... I did catch a few with a slightly out to in path and the ball started to fade but the side spin wasn't so drastic that it was way offline.

Last edited:
I don't think I've given my feedback on this yet. I've had my F6 Hybrid out a few times and so far it's performed very well in the few shots I've had with it. The distance has been good, maybe a little longer than what I got with my biocell hybrid, and I have been able to play a nice little fade with it. I haven't had the chance to use it a whole lot yet but I'll give some more feedback as I go.

Very interested in the 2h/3h combo. Does anyone have any experiences with it or any of the other hybrids with some recent thoughts on it? Probably looking at the stock matrix shaft as well.

I got the FW 5-6 last week and currently game it in 18,5 degree with big weight in the back. Very easy to launch high and it goes very straight for me. It is now my 180-200m club. Play it with R stock shaft

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Picked up the 2/3 hybrid with the stiff red tie in the bag i'll have more thoughts after my rounds this weekend.

Maiden voyage with the 2h set to 16*.

4 swings with the 2h first two right on top of the 150 stick both 232 yds with wedges in to holes one bad swing still 200 and in the fwy left me 9I into hole and then 206 on a low screamer off the deck, will be a game changer for me, just need more reps.

I've had my F6 3/4 & 4/5 hybrids for about a month now. I had them built with the white tie shaft (yes, I'm getting old). Though I like them, I have to be careful as it's easy for me to become a hook machine with them. However, when I put a decent swing on them, I get beautiful high shots with a baby draw. I'm also a little longer with them than I was with my X2 Hot hybrids. For example, I previously hit my 4 hy roughly 170-175. With my F6 4hy, I typical get a 180 average.

The first day out with the 2h was the best day as a had a couple of struggles with it, the good news is that they weren't the same struggles as I was seeing from my 3w which is why i replaced it.

Off the tee this is a fantastic club such a great wood long iron replacement.

I had 4 good shots from the tee with this club this weekend, but the swing was off a bit and not perfect, the launch was a bit low but this runs for days for me. I had one great off the fairway shot into a par 5 that ended pin high, not super close to the hole but right distance.

I'm still glad I replaced my 3w with this club though. Just need to get more time with it on the range and course.

I really like the head profile at address as well it is comforting and similar to my other hybrid heads, but seems a bit bigger.

If anyone cares ... the MyFly8 adapter for the driver and fairways are interchangeable. The lofts won't look right, but since they're built into the club head, just the number will be off.

Only reason I know this is because I packed up my MyFly8 fairway adapters and wanted to switch shafts ... fortunately the shaft I wanted to put into the 3/4W already had a MyFly8 adapter installed (of course if I want to tip trim, I'll need to have it pulled anyways).

Deuce, curious how this club is treating you. Did you get a chance to use it during today's RR?

Thx in advance

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

Deuce, curious how this club is treating you. Did you get a chance to use it during today's RR?

Thx in advance
I did and I love it. So straight and long off the tee, and a solid shot off the deck. On #2 at RNK, if your 200 yards off the tee, you have a chance to cut across the fairway by hitting over a canyon. It's about 180 yard carry depending on where you lie. I cut that corner twice with the 3 wood and left myself with great looks into the green. Any other three wood and I would never have even attempted it.

You hit this so well deuce.

Thanks guys! That's all I needed to hear.

I haven't seen it in person (no pro shop here seems to carry it which is weird) but saw the fly z and it looked friendly enough.

I maaay have made an impulse buy yesterday but wanted to hear some updated thoughts before the club arrives.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

You hit this so well deuce.

Thank you. I really wanted the F6 Baffler but so glad I went with the 3/4 FW. This club is just so forgiving. Based on our convo I'm going to grab a Grafalloy Boost and get that ball flight up a bit. It could very well sit the F6 driver on many a hole.

I don't think I could say it enough... Cobra makes such great metalwoods, they should be looked at HARD by anyone in the market for a new club.

The first day out with the 2h was the best day as a had a couple of struggles with it, the good news is that they weren't the same struggles as I was seeing from my 3w which is why i replaced it.

Off the tee this is a fantastic club such a great wood long iron replacement.

Alex how does this hybo compare to the TEE EX 9? Or the J15? The adjustability really appeals to me here and I'm thinking about switching out my 5h.

Played with Ron (LB44), Rob (CAA_Beat), and Mike (RNG) today at Mattaponi Springs. #16 is a shortish par 5 (460 yards). Teed off with the 3/4W, piped it down the middle. Left me about 240ish to the green, 190 to clear the last bunker. Ron convinced me to hit it again, and off the deck, didn't catch it solid but it still went about 180-190 yards and left me with about a 50-60 yard chip for eagle. I wound up with a par, but I have a similar shortish par 5 at my home course. This club is so easy to get off the deck that I told Ron that I'm pretty sure I'll have my first eagle before this calendar year is up, especially if I go F6 driver, followed by the 3W. It's really an awesome feeling to be able to grab a club and know you have a legit shot to go for it in two.

Back