PING SS16 Apparel - THP Review Thread

ddec

I have many leather-bound books
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
The Driver
Back in January PING announced that they were going to re-launch PING Apparel in the United States. As a company they are very excited to bring over a premium clothing line that uses some state-of-the-art fabrics. These products are built upon PING's Sensor Technology Platform, which is described below.

Sensor Technology Platform

The Sensor Technology Platform consists of Sensor Cool, Sensor Warm and Sensor Dry. The platform is an innovative system designed to ensure that every garment worn is specifically engineered to respond to the body’s requirements and the demands of the game, whatever the conditions.

Engineered to be worn next to the skin, Sensor Cool moisture moving technology draws excess perspiration away from the surface for exceptional comfort in play. Each Sensor Cool garment is crease-resistant and engineered from stretch fabrics, designed to complement the athletic movements made during a golf swing.

Sensor Warm technology embodies a thermal layer, designed to trap warm air and regulate body temperature. This layer also works as a barrier to resist wind chill and the subsequent effects it can have on a swing. Sensor Warm garments are designed to minimize weight, and therefore distraction, through the use of breathable and stretch fabrics. Such qualities also enable the garments to work with your body to respond to the demands during a round.

Within the Sensor Dry category, PING has partnered with Pertex, a brand whose performance fabric technology heritage and dedication to innovation and excellence has resulted in partnerships with the most prestigious brands in the outdoor industry.

In the Tour Eye and Zero Gravity range, Pertex Shield+ offers high levels of wind and water protection with excellent breathability to create the ultimate lightweight, waterproof performance fabric.

Each collection is centered on the following design language:

- Clean

- Considered

- Timeless

- Tailored

- Authentically Cool

Here are the pieces that have been received for testing. Stock pictures are located under the spoiler tabs.

Bancraft Polo

Spoiler
images

i-3M9h5BD-L.jpg

i-3TFfMCz-L.jpg

i-6G9TkTQ-L.jpg

Latimer Eye Polo

Spoiler
images

i-jQQ3dNV-L.jpg

i-v4RgFb4-L.jpg

i-HRLdcd5-L.jpg

Karsten Polo

Spoiler
images

i-5LHRJFC-L.jpg

i-cDzRBXF-L.jpg

i-v2RjWgt-L.jpg

Largo ½ Zip

Spoiler
I_5052228237268_00_20151104

i-vtTr9v6-L.jpg

i-HgW3Cv8-L.jpg

Blakey Shorts

Spoiler
blakey-short-ash.jpg

i-WMcZkBg-L.jpg

i-KxFsGpf-L.jpg

i-6z4W68N-L.jpg

i-nd6cBfp-L.jpg

Last edited:
They have clearly updated their style and that's a great thing. The examples look a lot more modern. Good for Ping.

I have a few PING 1/4 zips from the previous line that I loved. I am interested in trying out the new stuff.

Plus, we all know I'm a PING homer.

Always been a fan of Ping clothing except for the over sized feel. I'm fan of the logo and color schemes

• Staff
Always been a fan of Ping clothing except for the over sized feel. I'm fan of the logo and color schemes

the oversize feel is gone with these. Tailored fit. They were nice enough to send me different sizes, L and XL. The fit is great around the arms and down the sides. MUCH improved from what they used to be like. Certainly not a boxy look, even if I go up to the XL. I wore the Zip up yesterday to work, was super comfortable. These will be worn down at club clash, figure that's a great way to test them out right?

Definitely a step in the right direction from a looks standpoint

nice review, and, great pictures! The stuff looks really good.

Ooohhh, some of this looks REALLY good. Shirts and shorts especially...

Those look good particularly the 1/4 zip

Love PING and the apparel is great looking. Certainly an update on modern stuff. I do hate when there are pockets on shirts though.

Great step up for Ping. I particularly like the 1/4 Zip!

I'll take the two pocketed ones. Now.

Frankly they had me at button down collars.

Really looks like they've done a nice job on the styling in their latest update. I'll be curios to hear how the fabrics perform/fee out on the course.

I'll take the two pocketed ones. Now.

The blue pocketed one might be my favorite.

I seriously am impressed.

I love this as well. They look really good and I always have loved the look of the button down collars.

All buttoned up makes me think of the Bubba Watson look. (Even though he wears Oakley)
I'm sort of "eh" on these. Fabrics look good, but I don't really like all the buttons.

wore these every day at Club Clash. Some things I really enjoyed about them. I wore the same style, but different sizes on Friday and Sunday. The only thing I did not like about the tops, was on those two and that was the sleeves. They had a strange cuff to them. I will snap a pic of that after they are washed. It was something I did not notice until wearing them. Overall though, really comfortable shirts, there is definitely a more tailored fit which I like. The Large fit me better, L was the white one in pic 1. The XL had a little more room to it. They kept me comfortable on some warm days, and playing 36 on Saturday I never worried about what I was wearing.

Thursday
a4e7bb6fe7d8cfe9224dd35da9da737b.jpg

Saturday
5fb7be038b8c100ec3ffdf01c1a150e0.jpg

Sunday
CgQSoZ1WwAA60wQ.jpg:large

Back