Bettinardi Putter Thread

Well decision made. Ponder will become a reality. I bought the gift card for my dad to get a fitting and I am scheduling one for the same time and will come back with my first betti. May have to thin the current herd and z5r Cameron will be hitting the market.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well decision made. Ponder will become a reality. I bought the gift card for my dad to get a fitting and I am scheduling one for the same time and will come back with my first betti. May have to thin the current herd and z5r Cameron will be hitting the market.

Sweet! Would love if you can post about your fitting. Maybe a few pics? So jealous.

This right here...I like this!

I will do a thread of our fitting and pictures and what i come away with.

So yesterday was the day we went to the Studio for the fitting. What an awesome experience. You are met by Luke the pro downstairs and he takes you up to Studio B. The office is awesome with pictures on the wall, jerseys of players like Toews, Butkus, Kane etc. There are also all sorts of head covers they have that are flattened out and framed, which I thought was a really cool idea. When you get upstairs there is the first room which has a nice couch and chair and a number of putters. They offer you something to drink, beer, water, pop and you start chatting with Luke. There is also a tv on the wall, which was showing the sox game while we were up there. There are a number of putters in the room and Luke will tell you walk around and grab what you like. Nothing is off limits. They really want you to pick something up that you find appealing. The front side was customs, 1 of 1's and limited editions starting from $500, though they did negotiate (more later), to $1500. The other sides had the production models. You start grabbing putters and putting in this room just seeing what you like. He will also look at your current gamer to get an idea of what you are thinking and tendencies. Once you have putted for a while he will ask you to narrow down to a few that you are interested. For my Dad he had both Queen B's and an Innovai. Once in the fitting area you make three putts to 8 feet under multiple cameras. Luke then looks at your swing and suggests some changes and checks spine angles, stroke and then loft lie and length of the putter. For my dad he was sold right away with a queen b6. They then have him pick out a grip he liked, and a custom head cover. Luke then called down to the shop had them pull a queen b6, cut to length and add initials to it for my dad. Next up was me. I picked up a custom little mallet, a Kuchar model 2hm, a queen b and a bb1 with the flow neck. Though also tried a few limited edition signature models in half moon. After rolling my putts, i was shocked when i was told i had a great putting stroke. Somehow i always got back to center. the best putter for my stroke however was the center shafted Kuchar model. it was fitted at 33.75, changed the grip and then picked out the custom Orlando 2016 head cover from the PGA show. My brother, who had just done an edel fitting found a 1 of 1 proto with a black shaft and raw finish that he loved looking at. So he decided to do the fitting as well. His was a $500 1 of 1 that they did for less than that for us. Same process where he got a nice leather black Bettinardi grip and the Zip Code head cover to complete the look. Once you are done being fitted you go back in the first room and watch tv, have a drink, putt some more and wait for your putters which come up about a half hour later. They brought up our putters except my brothers saying a nick on the toe bothered the head of custom a lot so he was having it polished out for him. They are so incredible there with their service. You would think this all costs a ton but we actually paid less for our productions than I would have at my local superstore! My brothers was the cheapest of any and was a 1 of 1. I will definitely go back and this will be a company I support as long as they are in business. I am also so happy that they made my dad's birthday gift great. He is still talking about it today.

Attachments

• image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    35.1 KB · Views: 2
  • image2.jpg
    image2.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 2
  • image3.jpg
    image3.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 2
  • image4.JPG
    image4.JPG
    38.7 KB · Views: 2
  • image5.JPG
    image5.JPG
    42.8 KB · Views: 2
  • image6.jpg
    image6.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 2
That is sweet! Yep, pretty much seals that I will make this trip sometime in 2016.

So yesterday was the day we went to the Studio for the fitting. What an awesome experience. You are met by Luke the pro downstairs and he takes you up to Studio B. The office is awesome with pictures on the wall, jerseys of players like Toews, Butkus, Kane etc. There are also all sorts of head covers they have that are flattened out and framed, which I thought was a really cool idea. When you get upstairs there is the first room which has a nice couch and chair and a number of putters. They offer you something to drink, beer, water, pop and you start chatting with Luke. There is also a tv on the wall, which was showing the sox game while we were up there. There are a number of putters in the room and Luke will tell you walk around and grab what you like. Nothing is off limits. They really want you to pick something up that you find appealing. The front side was customs, 1 of 1's and limited editions starting from $500, though they did negotiate (more later), to $1500. The other sides had the production models. You start grabbing putters and putting in this room just seeing what you like. He will also look at your current gamer to get an idea of what you are thinking and tendencies. Once you have putted for a while he will ask you to narrow down to a few that you are interested. For my Dad he had both Queen B's and an Innovai. Once in the fitting area you make three putts to 8 feet under multiple cameras. Luke then looks at your swing and suggests some changes and checks spine angles, stroke and then loft lie and length of the putter. For my dad he was sold right away with a queen b6. They then have him pick out a grip he liked, and a custom head cover. Luke then called down to the shop had them pull a queen b6, cut to length and add initials to it for my dad. Next up was me. I picked up a custom little mallet, a Kuchar model 2hm, a queen b and a bb1 with the flow neck. Though also tried a few limited edition signature models in half moon. After rolling my putts, i was shocked when i was told i had a great putting stroke. Somehow i always got back to center. the best putter for my stroke however was the center shafted Kuchar model. it was fitted at 33.75, changed the grip and then picked out the custom Orlando 2016 head cover from the PGA show. My brother, who had just done an edel fitting found a 1 of 1 proto with a black shaft and raw finish that he loved looking at. So he decided to do the fitting as well. His was a $500 1 of 1 that they did for less than that for us. Same process where he got a nice leather black Bettinardi grip and the Zip Code head cover to complete the look. Once you are done being fitted you go back in the first room and watch tv, have a drink, putt some more and wait for your putters which come up about a half hour later. They brought up our putters except my brothers saying a nick on the toe bothered the head of custom a lot so he was having it polished out for him. They are so incredible there with their service. You would think this all costs a ton but we actually paid less for our productions than I would have at my local superstore! My brothers was the cheapest of any and was a 1 of 1. I will definitely go back and this will be a company I support as long as they are in business. I am also so happy that they made my dad's birthday gift great. He is still talking about it today.
Great experience it sounds like. I will say this for me Bettinardi is the best in the business when it comes to customer service. I know others have other opinions and that the Putters cost a good bit but the touches they put on their stuff and personal approach they have (if you let them) is second to none.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

That is sweet! Yep, pretty much seals that I will make this trip sometime in 2016.

I was thinking the same thing. I talk a big game about going, but I really should just get up there. Hours are a bit tough to accommodate though.

I was thinking the same thing. I talk a big game about going, but I really should just get up there. Hours are a bit tough to accommodate though.

Yes the hours are rough but if you can make it work I highly recommend. Also they said late June is a good time to go for 1 of 1s and special editions. Some cool stuff. Honestly I don't know why i never bought one before and being in Chicago suburbs any other one will be purchased through the studio.

Group discount? LOL.

Yes the hours are rough but if you can make it work I highly recommend. Also they said late June is a good time to go for 1 of 1s and special editions. Some cool stuff. Honestly I don't know why i never bought one before and being in Chicago suburbs any other one will be purchased through the studio.

(Demerit for me for the double-post)

Late June sounds about right; that's not too long after Bettinardi finishes with their Summer Social, so any of the customs or 1 of 1 which don't sell during the Social should be up-for-grabs, I would think.

I have a feeling the 2nd and 3rd week of June would be a fantastic time to go.

hahaha, I am sure we could get them a foursome worth of THPers... It's the least they could do!

I like this idea. 2 peeps in... Now, who else wants to jump-in on this, before we ask Mr. Bettinardi, and he graciously turns down our request for a group discount? :D

I like this idea. 2 peeps in... Now, who else wants to jump-in on this, before we ask Mr. Bettinardi, and he graciously turns down our request for a group discount? :D

haha "Graciously" used loosely.

I still regret not buying that Groupon a few years ago that would have been a fitting + putter for a few hundred. So dumb.

haha "Graciously" used loosely.

I still regret not buying that Groupon a few years ago that would have been a fitting + putter for a few hundred. So dumb.

There are few things where I will give the "scolding" look at someone, but this may be one of them. LOL. Rectifying that will be a little more expensive, now, but hopefully just as insightful.

That's an awesome story. I live in Florida and I don't see a trip up there soon. I currently game a Studio Stock 2 and have a SS6 and QB6 and about 10 headcovers. I would love to go through a real fitting someday.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well it's been done. My tour Odyssey long neck gamer has been sent to the closet. A solid 3 year run as my gamer. Stopped my weekly switching.

Queen B 6 is the new gamer.

Not a fan of the finish though so trying to get a custom made.

Well it's been done. My tour Odyssey long neck gamer has been sent to the closet. A solid 3 year run as my gamer. Stopped my weekly switching.

Queen B 6 is the new gamer.

Not a fan of the finish though so trying to get a custom made.
Sure they will have some after the social as well

Sure they will have some after the social as well

I'm dreaming up a carbon w/ site line, only a hex T on the face w/ no other engravings, raw finish like the LE BB28. Hope it can be done!

I like em rusty and simple.

I'm dreaming up a carbon w/ site line, only a hex T on the face w/ no other engravings, raw finish like the LE BB28. Hope it can be done!
I'm guessing they can make it happen although not sure on carbon customs can't recall seeing many if any

Back