2016 Grandaddy Of Em All - We Want You

1326 posts in this thread. All the words still don't describe just how amazing it is.....that is fact

#TheGrandaddy!!!

For THPers, I think it is the definition of a dream come true!

I don't believe that place is real

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

I think it's holes 3 and 4 on the Dye course where we're hitting into that mountain and the ball just floats in the air with the mountain in the background. Truly breathtaking

Truly breathtaking, commented on that multiple times. That little white ball, those big mountains.... Green grass and a caddie to call it safe!

742f23bc3b9bdb0568dc18c3db101a0a.jpg

New tapatalk image.
It almost looks fake. Reminds me of John Avon's artwork.

The Hideaway is so photogenic it's ridiculous. Taking a divot in those fairways should be a crime.

I can't beleive how beautiful taht course is, I would LOVE to have a chance to see it myself.

wait... I have a chance, I simply had to enter an easy contest. THP is awesome that way

How is everyone's prep for this event going. We may be called internet golfers but I think we are golfers that stop by the Internet to share. So that means as golfers we should be out working on our games, fitness or mental approach.

We are not 'Internet golfer' golf is not played on the Internet. It's played on courses with clubs. So I hope those that are able have been working on their games. I do t care how you do it. Just work on getting that ball in the hole in fewer strokes than your opponent!

The Hideaway is so photogenic it's ridiculous. Taking a divot in those fairways should be a crime.

Nah dude, it feels pretty damn good actually.

How is everyone's prep for this event going. We may be called internet golfers but I think we are golfers that stop by the Internet to share. So that means as golfers we should be out working on our games, fitness or mental approach.

We are not 'Internet golfer' golf is not played on the Internet. It's played on courses with clubs. So I hope those that are able have been working on their games. I do t care how you do it. Just work on getting that ball in the hole in fewer strokes than your opponent!

Due to winter, most of the swings have been inside outside of 9 holes. Have hit the gym more in the past 3-4 months though and based on those 9 holes and monitor data, it's paying dividends. Now for spring to show up and start working on that short game.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Due to winter, most of the swings have been inside outside of 9 holes. Have hit the gym more in the past 3-4 months though and based on those 9 holes and monitor data, it's paying dividends. Now for spring to show up and start working on that short game.

Love this, doing what you can to improve! Keep at it.

How is everyone's prep for this event going.

prep is going slowly, I did a lot of work on the simulators this weekend, and the courses around here are slowly opening, so real practice will start somewhere next week.

the biggest thing for me though, is the Cure match play event, it will be my first experience with team golf, the teams and formats are very similar to the Grandaddy and my captain happens to be a grandaddy vetera, I will try to learn as much as possible from this experience and hopefully take that to La Quinta in December.

oh and I am still taking English classes at work, and am working on my smile daily :)

prep is going slowly, I did a lot of work on the simulators this weekend, and the courses around here are slowly opening, so real practice will start somewhere next week.

the biggest thing for me though, is the Cure match play event, it will be my first experience with team golf, the teams and formats are very similar to the Grandaddy and my captain happens to be a grandaddy vetera, I will try to learn as much as possible from this experience and hopefully take that to La Quinta in December.

oh and I am still taking English classes at work, and am working on my smile daily :)

Es muy Bueno!!

Bonne chance!

Haha I'm sure your English is much better than my French, friend.

Ive gotten some golf in with THPers, I've relived the matches from last year a hundred times shot for shot and looked for areas where one shot would have made a difference in the match and try to duplicate it but with better results, ive worked on my putting tirelessly inside while waiting for the weather to break... Once spring actually hits I will be using a practice routine on the range for the first time and im really looking forward to seeing how it translates to the course. If called on, ill be ready again. Last year i played some of my best golf and Im real proud of it, but it wasnt enough. And this year will be different

Ive gotten some golf in with THPers, I've relived the matches from last year a hundred times shot for shot and looked for areas where one shot would have made a difference in the match and try to duplicate it but with better results, ive worked on my putting tirelessly inside while waiting for the weather to break... Once spring actually hits I will be using a practice routine on the range for the first time and im really looking forward to seeing how it translates to the course. If called on, ill be ready again. Last year i played some of my best golf and Im real proud of it, but it wasnt enough. And this year will be different

Yes!!! Make what was the best into even better. Right on Phil!

1 inch of snow is putting a damper on this weeks practice plan

Bonne chance!

Haha I'm sure your English is much better than my French, friend.

thanks for the kind words, but this language barrier is still the most stressful thing for me when going to THP events or gatherings, I know its dumb and everyone here is very understanding and all, but it is what it is.

Working on all aspects of my game right now. Grip and swing changes, and trying to groove a better putting stroke.

Im working on my short game relentlessly. Was out last night on 4 holes, practicing pitches and chips from all around the greens until dark. Improving my short game is the key for me.

Thankfully, I play net match play every weekend, so by the time december comes around, Ill be seasoned and ready should my name be called upon.

I've got two events to prep for, so things are in full swing now that the (hopefully) final snow has thawed. And that reminds me, I need to put together a swing video for the swing tips thread. I've had a few issues pop up that could use some Panda insights. I'm putting a lot of focus on short game this year - my goal is to get to single digits, and I'm losing too many strokes there. Worked a lot on putting in the offseason and I feel like my stroke and setup is much more repeatable than it was last year, and I've started the year off using lower lofted wedges around the green a bit more and found that to be more consistent. Once I get the cobwebs out on ball striking, I think I'll be in a good place.

Outside of golf, trying to drop a few pounds I've gained - started eating better and got back to the gym more regularly. It's going to be a good year, and I'll be ready if my name gets called.

Working on all aspects of my game right now. Grip and swing changes, and trying to groove a better putting stroke.
New grip, I like it! Keep at it!
Im working on my short game relentlessly. Was out last night on 4 holes, practicing pitches and chips from all around the greens until dark. Improving my short game is the key for me.

Thankfully, I play net match play every weekend, so by the time december comes around, Ill be seasoned and ready should my name be called upon.
Short game is the Key
I've got two events to prep for, so things are in full swing now that the (hopefully) final snow has thawed. And that reminds me, I need to put together a swing video for the swing tips thread. I've had a few issues pop up that could use some Panda insights. I'm putting a lot of focus on short game this year - my goal is to get to single digits, and I'm losing too many strokes there. Worked a lot on putting in the offseason and I feel like my stroke and setup is much more repeatable than it was last year, and I've started the year off using lower lofted wedges around the green a bit more and found that to be more consistent. Once I get the cobwebs out on ball striking, I think I'll be in a good place.

Outside of golf, trying to drop a few pounds I've gained - started eating better and got back to the gym more regularly. It's going to be a good year, and I'll be ready if my name gets called.

I'm here is you need my eyes.

How is everyone's prep for this event going.

I'm really happy with my progress at this time of the year vs. last year. Early warm weather has allowed me to get out and get some good rounds in. The work I put in over the winter on putting has shown some good early results. Once it warms up again I'm planning on hitting up the short game practice area at least 3 days a week over lunch to get some good wedge work in. My desire to play is at an all time high which is driving my wife slightly crazy but she's learning to deal with it! It's rubbing off on my kids too, my 5 year old daughter wants to go out and play this summer and my 2 year old son goes down to my office almost every night wanting me to get the putter out so he can hit some putts. I've never been more proud!

James made a great point in the practice thread. Share your prep for this great event in that thread.

Back