2019 US Women's Open in Charleston

*Range Rat

Chop since 1977
Reaction score
Handicap
poor skill
Currently airing on FS1; only 8 of the top 40 on the leaderboard are Koreans.

Really nice golf course they're playing; also saw 2 Drivers off the deck on par 5's, both very good shots on a shot that's really hard to hit well.

I hope there are replays of the coverage but I'll definitely be watching over the next 4 days.

Watched a bit of this during the pm. Wish I had more info on the course and it was highlighted more during the coverage. I liked the few holes I saw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Caught a few holes on FS1, will check out more tomorrow and this weekend for sure.

cc of charleston is a wonderful course. I've been trying to play it since moving here 7 years ago haha. I walked it for the first time yesterday as I am being a walking scorer/standard bearer during the tourney. Had a pretty cool group of girls yesterday. Didn't really know any of them before the day, but will say I highly enjoyed watching them play even if it wasn't their best day.

Seth Raynor was a genius in his designs while also being a mad man/bully with his green complexes haha. It is a complete shot maker course that isn't overly long, but you need proper angles into greens and be on the right part of the green if you want any chance at a score. There are probably 7 legit birdie holes though with a handful that require that shotmaking to have a chance. Then there are probably 3-4 holes where having a par feels like you might be stealing something and you should just run haha.

can't wait to go back out there saturday morning for my shift.

cc of charleston is a wonderful course. I've been trying to play it since moving here 7 years ago haha. I walked it for the first time yesterday as I am being a walking scorer/standard bearer during the tourney. Had a pretty cool group of girls yesterday. Didn't really know any of them before the day, but will say I highly enjoyed watching them play even if it wasn't their best day.

Seth Raynor was a genius in his designs while also being a mad man/bully with his green complexes haha. It is a complete shot maker course that isn't overly long, but you need proper angles into greens and be on the right part of the green if you want any chance at a score. There are probably 7 legit birdie holes though with a handful that require that shotmaking to have a chance. Then there are probably 3-4 holes where having a par feels like you might be stealing something and you should just run haha.

can't wait to go back out there saturday morning for my shift.

Have fun! I would love to do that someday. Especially the walking score bearer job.

These ladies are putting on a show

"Lee6" moving up the board...

Nice to see "Par 3 - 158 yards - 5 iron" on the screen at the same time.

Weather Delay.

Rooting hard for Shannon Johnson to make the cut

Restarting around 6:45 ET.

A tree near the 18th crosswalk was struck by lightning. Excellent pictures from the Fox cameras.

Last edited:
Thompson's lead foot action is bizarre.

Rooting hard for Shannon Johnson to make the cut

I scored for her Thursday. Just not her week unfortunately. Really nice though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I found myself really enjoying yesterday’s broadcast. I think I’ll watch again today when I can.

A tree near the 18th crosswalk was struck by lightning. Excellent pictures from the Fox cameras.

It happened to be the first tree they planted after the renovation following Hurricane Hugo (1989). The tree had to be cut down for safety reasons.

Making the turn after 3+ hrs today.

I love watching the women play. They're swing tempo is something to be jealous of.

Pace of play penalty has just been assessed. I get pretty upset about a 2.5 hour 9, and I always pray that that group will sit out the back (they usually do), but a 6 hour 18 is ridiculous.

Pro rounds that take 5.5+ hours, you just can’t have that as the norm with most of us wanting to play 18 in 4 hours or so. There’s no reason for that time with people finding their ball prior to them getting there. They even walk really quick, last to hit on the tee is often jogging to catch up. It’s a different game, that I know, but it shouldn’t take as long as it does for them. Tournament rules alone add some time but when it’s your turn to hit, hit. Sure there’ll be some last second changes of mind, I had one my last round when I originally was hitting GW and swapped to PW. From the time I decided to switch (realized a switch in wind) to me striking the ball took no longer than 30 seconds. Hit my best shot of the round there too.

Moving on, this a great tournament. I’ve been watching more of that than I have the men’s tournament, which at about 50 miles away from my house and on the best course I’ve ever played, speaks highly to the quality of play on the LPGA.

Making the turn after 3+ hrs today.

Yeah. No. They did assess a penalty though. Which was smart, can’t let that go. It’s 2 hours (or more) longer than we expect to spend and would lead to 50% of us walking off the course after 9. They’re not even having to look for their ball, which accounts for 90% of my slowdown time.

They did assess the slow play penalty (about 2 hrs ago), but it's not a real good look for the USGA to do it to an amateur, Andrea Lee of Stanford. Doubly so when the official is clearly agitated when informing her.

There's no way they can't find 20 players to penalize today with these times posted today.

Jaye Marie Green is on fire with the putter today.

They did assess the slow play penalty (about 2 hrs ago), but it's not a real good look for the USGA to do it to an amateur, Andrea Lee of Stanford. Doubly so when the official is clearly agitated when informing her.

There's no way they can't find 20 players to penalize today with these times posted today.

Ahh, was following but not that close. Fat boy here was waiting for food and only half paying attention. That’s crap then.

I did see the official. I just kind of wrote it off as someone that doesn’t like conflict as you know he took some venom from the caddie and player.

As the very wise Bobby Boucher’s momma would say, “slow play is the devil!”

Back