Consistency or Jekyll and Hyde?

Tennis19

Reaction score
Handicap
N/A
UGHHHHHH!!!!! on tuesday i shot my lowest round ever, 89. today i shoot a 110. my 2nd highest round of the season. granted the course was a bit harder, but really?...freaking 110! Ive played about 50ish rounds this year. first 10 rounds i was 111-102. next 20 108-98 last 20 105-95. then the 89 and 110. even though 89 is freaking awesome, i rather have shot 98 and 100. i feel so deflated right now.

Golf is hard

I’m battling some stuff right now and different parts of my game are doing different things

Just getting it all together is tough, but when it clicks the consistency is the next thing to follow

Golf is hard. I’ve been dealing with solid shotmaking the last few weeks except I’ll hit one or two really errant tee shots each round that seem to come on the worst possible hole. Yesterday in a city league tournament I hooked a driver on the 14th hole and of course it was one of only two holes on the course that had O.B. Left. I made triple and shot 75.

Have a low of 75 this year and high of 86, it just happens once in a while. Right now I am struggling off the tee, my timing is off and that is causing some issues that and we didn't get to play any golf early this year. Still knocking the rust off.

I can't tell you how many times over the last couple of weeks I've said to myself that golf is dumb. I bounce back and forth between playing good and like absolute junk way too much so I feel your pain. Golf is a hard sport, that's all I keep thinking.

I'm starting to think the whole reason golf exists is to deflate people.

Nothing to do about it now, forget it, move on, play again.

I’m guilty of shooting a good round, then the next time out I play terribly.

For me, after playing really well I tend to raise my expectations and hold my shots to a higher standard. When I can’t deliver on that, I get frustrated which in turn, lowers my ability to score. Gotta take it one shot at a a time.

I'm Jekyll&hyde! Last week i shot a 45 in league, last night i shot a 39. I'm all over the board.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I admire people who can go out and shoot way lower than normal. I’m consistent and pretty much never will do that. The only way I score better is if I move my entire score range down from playing/practicing. I shoot high 70’s to mid 80’s almost every round pretty much no matter where I am, and I will never randomly throw out a low 70’s unless I start to move my score range down there. Granted that also means I rarely really blow up either, so that’s a plus at least. But I’m more likely to blow up than ever go low.

I posted between 92 and 97 for nearly 20 straight rounds. Then I thought I was going to break through..1 over after 5. Ended with a 95. I was jeckle and Hyde inside that single round. Of course, my next round was an 85 that GHIN warned was outside my expected range...so tomorrow I expect a 104 to counteract it...just part of the game. Good shot followed by bad and order matters to overall score.

UGHHHHHH!!!!! i feel so deflated right now.

Don't get on yourself, this is what GOLF is. None of us are consistent, if we were even remotely close to consistent we would be on the tour. The Pro's that play the same dang course 5 days in a row will put up a shanker of a score on 1 or 2 of those rounds.

Anecdote; Last year I quit golf for 3 weeks because I dropped a stinker. I was shooting mid 80's on a really easy course, mid 90's on a decent course. First time playing with 2 guys from work, we played a challenging course where I expected to probably shoot a 96-99. Well it was raining on and off and my tendency is to hit the big ball before the small ball, so recipe for beaver pelts. I POSTED A 127 THAT DAY!!! I felt I embarrassed myself, went home and threw the golf bats in the basement storage to never be seen again. 3 weeks later some other buddies talked me into going out again. I shot a 105 on an easy course, but had a bunch of fun and caught constant ribbing from my friends I always beat. Went out with some different friends was hitting and putting really well but got the chipping yips and posted a 102 and lost some money, but had a blast. Was back to normal form at beginning this season (besides chipping yips) and back to the 90's on normal courses even with the rust still on me, then last 2 rounds my driver swing decided to go bipolar and last round plopped a 103 with 7 penalties. Still it was an awesome time, made fool of myself in front of the cart girl, still getting teased about that.

The key points in that is I posted some pretty bad scores but still had a good time. Just come to accept that you WILL give some steamy stinkers and some may be back to back (to back) at times. Just have fun and play loose, the scores will come down.

I'm capable of both ends of the spectrum for sure.

As others have stated, Golf is insanely hard. I’ve gone 550 yards in 2 shots and then took four strokes to get down from 5 yards off the green. I’ve also shanked my tee shot, hit a 3w onto the green, and drained a 20 footer for birdie. It really almost always comes down to short game.

I admire those that can consistently post scores that are similar. I am not that golfer. I have blowup holes all the time that’ll just kill my score. If I manage to make it through the round without any, I’m capable of putting up a good score.

I’ve stopped caring about how I score. I’m not a pro. I continue to work on my game but at the end of the day I play golf for fun so it doesn’t need to be a source of frustration for me. Doesn’t define me. Funny thing is that my scores have dropped since I stopped caring.

As others have commented golf is wicked haard (insert Boston accent here)!

I had an 89 on tough course played mostly same ball and then a 102 on an easier one in better weather and lost a ton of golf balls. I easily can be my own worst enemy and start getting frustrated trying to do too much, etc. All bad! But always working to improve and hopefully that happens. If not, still had fun!

last half of last year and start of this year, I seem to hover around the low 90's, high 80's (last 4 rounds, 91, 89, 88, 92). Most would say fairly consistent...EXCEPT, I got to those scores for different reasons. One round I'm hitting fairways, but irons are crap, next round irons are crisp, but driver is MIA, then next round putting is crazy, but I couldn't hit a fairway or green to save my life. Someone shoot me and put me out of my misery.... this game is un-winable LOL

I will say, my driver is still my biggest problem though

If I could just put a round together. I have good distance and for the most part my putting is good..... maybe someday..... I hope

Does being consistently Jekyll and Hyde count? Haha

I'm consistent, but consistently not good enough.

haha guy at work who is a plus 1.2 just went back to back on his home course 66 78. 12 stroke difference day over day. If someone that good can do that, I don't feel bad about my crack that in tomorrows tournament I would believe anything from a personal best 79 to a 108

Jekyl and Hyde here. Last few rounds: 39/48, 41/47, and today 47/41. Consistently inconsistent!

Back