LOB Wedge Addiction - I’m guilty of it.

I use my 54 for 90% of chipping or short approaches but the other 10% I'm using the 58. There are a couple shots a round, over a bunker or slippery green, where the 58 is really needed.

As such I practice with the 58 and the up and down numbers with it are only slightly worse than the 54. I dont use it for Phil like flop shots. I just need something that can get up and stop quick when the situation calls for it.

That being said I can see where if it's not a club you practice a lot with, you're never going to be consistent.

Big fan of my 60* wedge

You could be decent with many clubs, or a master of one. It's hard to do both. There is a reason the overwhelming majority of tour pros use one or two clubs around greens most of the time (typically a lob, or if not, then a sand wedge).

There is nothing stopping a player from hitting a low running chip with a lob wedge. Not every shot with a 58/60/etc. has to be a flop shot.

This is well stated. I don’t have the data to support this but just based on observation I would think that the issues high handicappers have with a LW stem more from trying to hit a flop than they do from using a high lofted club.

I carry a 50, 54 and 58 and use whichever is appropriate for the shot. I don’t hit flops often. Too difficult and the consequences of blading it are too high.

I carry a 54 and 58 wedge. Probably use the 58 ten times for every time I use the 54. Use it for the majority of shots inside of 95 yards.

I love my 60 and it isn't going anywhere. I hit a ton a low runners with it too so it's hardly a flop-only club.
I also use my 56 a lot around the green depending on situation.

I've been chipping with my 56* all season and struggled particularly from a tight lie. I used my 60* all day today and it was the best I've chipped in a long time.

I've been guilty of overusing the LW, but only because I sucked at chipping. I would always rather get the ball in the air than let it run.Now that I'm average at chipping I use it a lot less.

This is my biggest problem. I just grab the lob wedge part of it is because if I just use one club then I can get more comfortable with it. What I am learning to to figure out how green speed affects which club I should chip with. There are just so many variables that I’m just trying to figure out the decision tree for which club to grab.

I’m a huge Lob wedge addict. In so far as I pick one and use it until the grooves wear out. Well, maybe I should say Super Lob Wedge. Yup, I use Phil’s 64* wedge. For every shot inside 85 yards except soft sand. Every. Shot. High, low, flop, bump and run, Phil Phlop. Every shot.

Love my 58* from about 85 in just works great. It is is a long chip across the green I may use the 54* but rarely.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Back