THP buddies contest. Win a new THP hat.

badolds

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
12 est.
hat.jpg

I love THP and the friends that I have made here. This will be a simple drawing on Monday to see who wins. To enter reply in this thread and mention the name of a THP'r who you met and played golf with from this forum. an entry would look something like this:

@mikeg_74, I met him immediately after joining THP and we have played a few rounds. He is a very generous person and a perfect cartner.

Feel free to mention as many people as you would like and leave a note about them. All entries will have the same chance at winning, I will draw a winner on Monday morning.

GOOD LUCK!!

Edit, Are you new to THP and not played with anybody yet? Just make a post in this thread saying that and you will be entered.

Cool contest! I’ll be sure to post this evening!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great contest!

I’ve met and played quite a few THPers over the years.

@kev is a great guy (usually) even if he does live in a ridiculous state

@pkorf is one of the best people ever to argue with, he’s like the yin to my yang.

@brianmk24 is a great guy for a giant and swings like a robot and he’s pretty fly for an old guy.

@big Soil is an absolutely awesome dude all around and knows more about shafts than a UST catalog, and he’s a great cartner to boot.

@dacatalyst41 is your big brother, you just haven’t realized it yet. Dude is just full of joy and heart

So many people to list that I’ve met and haven’t gotten to play a round with yet too....so I’ll leave the list there.

I'm not new ... But I have not had the priveledge of playing with anyone from THP ... yet. I look forward to the day when I do.

Sent from my Lenovo P2a42 using Tapatalk

Too many!

@sean is the kindest most knowledgeable gentle giant you’ll ever play a round with. His short game is a joy to watch

@wadesworld is a fun round and a lovely gentleman, truly a fabulous person

@brianmk24 never stops running

@hamfist is difficult to play with as you’re spending too much time laughing at his lightning quick wit

@ttucliffhanger is another great friend

My first partner at a THP event, and it was his first event as well, was @deuce. Neither of us played worth a darn but we had a great time and learned just how awesome THP events were together.

I've met a bunch at New England gatherings and a THP event but I'll mention a fellow lefty @Scarnici because every time I see his WITB online it's different. :clapp:

Met all of these great THP members at the Odyssey Experience

@mikeg_74 Super down to Earth guy with a wealth of knowledge about anything with golf. Had great stories about building shafts at the project X event
@mikiske Long time vet to THP with just great attitude. Always positive and supportive. Also, another THPer that knows a ton about golf clubs. He knows more about shafts than I know about golf.
@Parrot Well, this man can hit a long ball and is the nicest guy around. I was lucky enough to play with him on both days and no matter how many bad shots I hit, there was Rusty backing me up with another great shot. Sorry, I had too many bad shots or we might have won the Odyssey event.
@Mancest Between Roger and Colin @cbaker2882 are the two guys I am rooting for to make the Grandaddy team this year. Was lucky enough to ride with them back and forth to the airport and Roger has a great and quick sense of humor. Colin can just flat out play golf. Gorgeous swing and his putting had Sean Toulon saying great things.
@Doubleb21 This THPer has the biggest smile next to Clayton from the 2018 Grandaddy. He also has only played golf for 12 months, but his golf sure doesn't show it
@cpaulsell Ping Hat. He was more quiet than others, but when he opened up you could see how nice of a guy he was. You will see a lot more of Corey on the forums

I couldn't have asked for a better group of guys to play in my first THP event

Cool contest

I haven’t met or played with any THP members... yet. Nice to see the group camaraderie though!!

My first time to play golf with THPers was at the Odyssey Experience.

I met @misike and @mikeg_74 in Jacksonville and we rode together to and from the resort. They are great guys and put this first timer at ease. I wish I could have played golf with them. I met @fuffle master, @mancest, @Doubleb21, @cbaker2882 and @cpaulsell at the resort. Roger is a clever wit with this huge fun loving personality. Colin and Corey were a little quieter but are really nice guys. Brian and Fuffle are very engaging. Their smiles and attitudes spread amongst everyone quickly. I would love to have half of Brian’s enthusiasm for the game. I wish the event was a few days longer so I could’ve teed it up with Corey, Colin, Brian and Roger. I hope we can all get together again sometime soon.

Fuffle was a great partner for those 2 days. His mood and reassurance made it impossible to stay too caught up in bad golf. He is one of those guys who will do anything for you. Hell, I think all the guys would.

These guys epitomized the qualities of THP that make it a special community. I look forward to meeting more THPers and passing on to event first-timers what the THP vets passed on to us first time guys at the Odyssey Experience.

Thanks to @JB and @GG for all you do. Golf is better for it.

I haven’t met or played with any THP members... yet. Nice to see the group camaraderie though!!

The next time I am up in the Yukon we will tee it up. Thanks for entering the contest.

The only THPer I have met so far is @MichiganGripRip! This dude is my brother from another mother! The MAN from MichiGan! He is good peoples!

@pkorf met him in my first outing with THP for an Ohio group. He was great in organization and welcoming committee during out round at Fox. Looking forward to playing @Firestone.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Haven't met anyone from THP yet, but will be playing with a nice sized group in August at the Lake Tahoe Open - Part Deux.

Even though I've been a member for a long time, I was basically a lurker for the first 5 years. Have not met or played with any THP members yet..

My first THP Event was just last month at the Titleist Event. We had one helluva group of guys. Seems to be a common theme for THP Events.

@Wildcat4life may be the most generous person on this site. You've all seen his contests. It doesn't stop there trust me. And he's a Beast at the club!!

@Putterbutter The Man, The Myth, The Legend!! Such an all around great Guy!! Will do anything for anyone and truly has a heart of gold. Be confident PB!!

@slimjim32 is a Marine that serves my Country. Thanks for your service. He can smash the bejesus out of a golf ball. Skies the limit for this young man.

@j_sizzle9 was the leader of our group I feel, at least for the guys that stayed on Waldburg. Just a good dude that wants to kick your butt on the course. Also a Beast at the club!!

@Carolina Dundee is my kinda guy. About as laid back as they come. He's the guy you wanna hang out with having some drinks and just chill. Quick with the jokes too.

Can't wait to meet up with these guys again, as well as many others on this forum. I can only hope they feel the same about me as I do them.

THP has become part of my life, and I only see it getting better from here.

Thanks for the contest badolds!!

My first THP Event was just last month at the Titleist Event. We had one helluva group of guys. Seems to be a common theme for THP Events.

@Wildcat4life may be the most generous person on this site. You've all seen his contests. It doesn't stop there trust me. And he's a Beast at the club!!

@Putterbutter The Man, The Myth, The Legend!! Such an all around great Guy!! Will do anything for anyone and truly has a heart of gold. Be confident PB!!

@slimjim32 is a Marine that serves my Country. Thanks for your service. He can smash the bejesus out of a golf ball. Skies the limit for this young man.

@j_sizzle9 was the leader of our group I feel, at least for the guys that stayed on Waldburg. Just a good dude that wants to kick your butt on the course. Also a Beast at the club!!

@Carolina Dundee is my kinda guy. About as laid back as they come. He's the guy you wanna hang out with having some drinks and just chill. Quick with the jokes too.

Can't wait to meet up with these guys again, as well as many others on this forum. I can only hope they feel the same about me as I do them.

@KYGolfer aka Black Cobra aka KY Cobra deserves the hat. He wrote all these wonderful things about everyone at the Titleist event but we would all agree he was the most positive and nicest one in the group. Seems fitting he would enter all of us in your contest.

The only THPer I have met so far is @MichiganGripRip! This dude is my brother from another mother! The MAN from MichiGan! He is good peoples!
Not entering, but the exact same for the fellow above. Couldn't have happened to a better guy.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

@pkorf met him in my first outing with THP for an Ohio group. He was great in organization and welcoming committee during out round at Fox. Looking forward to playing @Firestone.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the kind words sir

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have not golfed with any THPers but soon will at the Ben Hogan experience.

Thanks for doing this!

I could say some wonderful things about each of my teammates from #TheGrandaddy, Captain tequila4kapp, AssCap PhillyV, Boder, Dacatalyst41, ArmyGolf, Dazeedmonds, KEV, Bluehen2006, MPeterson, rogt, ttucliffhanger and Shanewu. Collectively they are some of the greatest guys I've had the good fortune to meet and still converse with on a regular basis. Each and every one of them is a credit to THP! Unfortunately, the only ones I've gotten to actually play with have been:

Shanewu - what a great and supportive cart partner he was. He helped me a great deal with his length off the tee in Shamble and alternate shot.
Bluehen2006 - I was really impressed with his swing and he ran into a buzz saw in singles that had him down 4 or 5 early in his match, but he never gave up and fought back to almost even - a real gutty performance. I admire that kind of determination and grit!
Dcatalyst41 - what hasn't been said about Clayton? We got together before #TheGrandaddy and his smile is never end, ear to ear. His laughter and good humor are so infectious! I am so looking forward to our getting together for another round later this month!

Last edited:
@ir13 multiple rounds

@trout bum multiple rounds.

@johnboync multiple rounds

@dazeedmonds at tot Hill farm

@lightningbolt44 at tot Hill farm

And about 8 others at tot Hill farm.

Last edited:

Very kind words my man!

I'm not new to THP, but took a few year hiatus. I haven't played with any THP'ers...:disapointed:

Get your entries in, I will draw a winner tomorrow morning.

Back