What's In Your Garage?

I'm surprised that Gransport still runs (does it?) Mine spent more time in the shop than ever on the road. That was the first and last Maserati I'll ever drive.

He has had good luck with it but it was a terrible purchase as far as cost of ownership and resale value.

It’s been his only convertible for the last 15 years and I would guess it gets around 3k miles a year put on it.

It’s been a lot cheaper to run than that 355 but what isn’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He has had good luck with it but it was a terrible purchase as far as cost of ownership and resale value.

It’s been his only convertible for the last 15 years and I would guess it gets around 3k miles a year put on it.

It’s been a lot cheaper to run than that 355 but what isn’t.

I've always wanted a 355. My neighbor has one that he drives a ton. He swears that's the secret. If you let it sit, you're asking for costs.

Posted by my thumbs.

I've always wanted a 355. My neighbor has one that he drives a ton. He swears that's the secret. If you let it sit, you're asking for costs.

Posted by my thumbs.
Back when I owned a 911Targa I was told by both friends ( fellow owners) and mechanics to just drive it all of the time. If you let it sit waiting for the "perfect day" you'll start having problems. I did and never had an issue. Lost it in the divorce, ex-wife hardly drove it and she ultimately sold it because it was always in the shop.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Posted by my thumbs.

The 355 has been mechanically great but the required services cost a fortune. On the the 20k service they had to remove the engine and they replaced all of the hoses. Between that the new tires and the oil change it was over $15k.

It runs like brand new and last year he and my brother drove it to Daytona FL and back for a Ferrari event with no issues.

Back when I owned a 911Targa I was told by both friends ( fellow owners) and mechanics to just drive it all of the time. If you let it sit waiting for the "perfect day" you'll start having problems. I did and never had an issue. Lost it in the divorce, ex-wife hardly drove it and she ultimately sold it because it was always in the shop.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

My mom had the same car and only drove it occasionally as she traveled for work and had nothing but issues. She sold it because due to the issues.

Back