• Ireland

Votes: 17 41.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Chili Dipper

Reaction score
Handicap
Don't Ask
Next year (in 2017) I will have a chance to travel overseas to Scotland and Ireland (among others). I will have only one chance to play golf so my choice would be between Scotland or Ireland. I know playing either would be a dream but I will have to choose.

So my question to everyone is: If given the chance to play a round in either Scotland or Ireland where would you choose? And a bonus question what course would you play in your chosen country?

I pick Ireland, simply because I've always wanted to go there for other reasons. Royal Portrush is my choice (although technically Northern Ireland).

I voted Scotland because St Andrews

Definitely Ireland - if in Killarney the Killeen course is great!

Scotland for me as well.

Ireland For me

Ireland.
Royal county down or portrush if you can swing it.

They absolutely love Americans, and you'll never be a stranger in a pub

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Home of golf.

I've read that the craic (good times) is much better in Ireland...that generally the Irish are just a more hospitable and fun crowd. Given the golf will be incredible in both places that's enough to make me lean toward Ireland.

I have been to Ireland, and it was the best experience! Loved every second of it. So for me that leaves Scotland ...

Have to play the Old Course. Scotland

Poll fail...no option for both.

Ireland for me, just because.

Plan on doing Scotland for the 4-0 next year. St. Andrews is bucket list.

Sent from my iPhone using Utest

I voted Ireland. Both are great. I just think it is easy to get caught up in trying to play the top courses in Scotland where in Ireland the courses are as good and, perhaps, easier to get on and less expensive.

You won't be disappointed in either.

I voted Ireland. Both are great. I just think it is easy to get caught up in trying to play the top courses in Scotland where in Ireland the courses are as good and, perhaps, easier to get on and less expensive.

You won't be disappointed in either.
Shame on me; I did not read the whole original post.

One round - St. Andrews. Muirfield is also possible; check for a visitor's day. It's closer to Edinburgh and may be a better course. Turnburry is beautiful and along the sea.

Although, my all time favorite place to dream about is Carnoustie, I think Ireland would be the best choice!

I am torn - heard great things about Ireland, but The Old Course.....

Do both - extend the vacation another week!!

Ireland. My home land.

Ireland. Golf is just as good and the food and beer are way better.

Scotland for me. And I'd play Cruden Bay. One day I will get there.

I thought this would be a no-brainer for me. Scotland... But, I'm drawn to the Ireland option - just so freaking beautiful in pics.

Back