Deep Dive: Mizuno Golf with Chris Voshall

Man this was freaking killer! Finally got to sit and get all the way through it and it’s cool to see Vosh come off the same way he always has on social.

Very cool to hear more of the processes and his journey too.

Love that he was stumped by the butter is cast comment.

Love even more that he said VERBATIM what I have been screaming for years, SOUND IS FEEL!

This was truly fantastic!

Sometimes we as golfers forget that behind each brand are people and we wanted a chance to introduce Chris to THPers, not that they don't know him, but in a far more in depth way than has been put out anywhere else.
It takes a lot of twists and turns in this interview, everything from meat to butter to hollow body irons, but it sure was fun to film.

Yeah I saw this yesterday and marked it to watch this morning over coffee. Really cool how working for Mizuno was what he wanted to do when he grew up. Cool to hear the thought into the JPX line too. I kind of wonder if Titleist won't copy them and start releasing AP's one year, and CB/MB the next. That would make more sense to me from a marketing perspective.

Man this was freaking killer! Finally got to sit and get all the way through it and it’s cool to see Vosh come off the same way he always has on social.

Very cool to hear more of the processes and his journey too.

Love that he was stumped by the butter is cast comment.

Love even more that he said VERBATIM what I have been screaming for years, SOUND IS FEEL!

This was truly fantastic!

That is some serious validation to the sound argument.

Coming from what many would believe to be one of the leading experts on feel.

Holy Batman that is a long video. I dropped in to watch it but I’m going to need to dial in with a drink tonight. This should be a fun watch!

Holy Batman that is a long video. I dropped in to watch it but I’m going to need to dial in with a drink tonight. This should be a fun watch!

Tell me when you're going to click it and I'll watch again.

Loved it. Loved the deep dive on CV. He seems like such a good dude.

Tell me when you're going to click it and I'll watch again.

Loved it. Loved the deep dive on CV. He seems like such a good dude.

I bet he eats poutine too.

Enjoyed the interview...have seen Chris in several interviews over the years and his delivery has always seemed genuine. Really personable guy! Well done on the interview JB... I love my Mizuno JPX 919s but they are about to be seriously tested by Ben Hogan and the Ptx Pros!

Enjoyed the interview...have seen Chris in several interviews over the years and his delivery has always seemed genuine. Really personable guy! Well done on the interview JB... I love my Mizuno JPX 919s but they are about to be seriously tested by Ben Hogan and the Ptx Pros!

Yeah he is a pretty good guy that we enjoy talking with. Glad that came through.

This was a really good watch, veered into some unexpected areas, but it was all entertaining. He has had an interesting road at Mizuno and very interesting to hear how they operate with tour players and products in particular.

Also really interesting about Keith Mitchell and the ST190..... Was very surprised to hear that he wasn't contracted for that club it was just better than what he was using (that wasn't surprising as I really liked it when I tested it).

This was a great listen in the car.

Finally got to watch this. This was great interview, he seems very down to earth and likable. Not sure how much you can trust a guy who doesn't eat meat though!!! Kidding.

Deep Dive: Mizuno Golf with Chris Voshall

This really was just a killer piece.

This really was just a killer piece.

Thanks. Looks like I will be back with the team there next week and will have a follow up of some sort.

Thanks. Looks like I will be back with the team there next week and will have a follow up of some sort.

Guessing that could go in a number of different directions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe Chris will have his butter is cast answer then! Haha

Really cool to see Mizuno active with THP. I've been a huge fan of their clubs for a long time. After a few years of almost no golf I'm just getting back to playing 3 times a week, and I think I'm about to pull the trigger on some Hot Metal Pro's. Really digging their clubs, and now their involvement with THP - makes me want to support both parties.

I have to watch this, ( clicked in real quick to see the shirt, lol) but i also wanted to post a pic of mine.....MP-25's with KBS C-tapers....awesomeness..

Attachments

• IMG_8132.JPG
    IMG_8132.JPG
    80 KB · Views: 0
I have to watch this, ( clicked in real quick to see the shirt, lol) but i also wanted to post a pic of mine.....MP-25's with KBS C-tapers....awesomeness..

Definitely give it a watch. Lots of fun.

This is an outstanding watch/listen, I'm 20 minutes in as I catch up on THP. I'm proposing a new reference to iron feel in response to the "buttery" discussion. Saltwater taffy. Firmer than butter, damp, ball sticks to the face... AND, ITS FORGED. Saltwater taffy is the perfect iron feel.

This is may be one of my favorite interviews you have done JB and that is saying a lot because they are always good. Chris's knowledge and passion for Mizuno as well as golf was very evident. And I love that they are based in Georgia.

This video actually makes me miss playing my Hot Metal irons even more, but I need different shafts in them. Maybe a used set with different shafts could be in my future.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

This is an outstanding watch/listen, I'm 20 minutes in as I catch up on THP. I'm proposing a new reference to iron feel in response to the "buttery" discussion. Saltwater taffy. Firmer than butter, damp, ball sticks to the face... AND, ITS FORGED. Saltwater taffy is the perfect iron feel.

I like it. I will be with Chris later this week and will propose the taffy reference.

This interview was so good. Always looks the passion from the heart that gushes out of Chris when listening to him speak about Mizuno and their products. A lot of light moments during the interview also which made for a very well-balanced segment. Well done guys!

We are out with Chris today and Canadan hitting some irons

dc9181959260ba3a9275a134c30a14fe.jpg

Back