Staff bag and push carts

huhhh

Reaction score
Handicap
25.3 GRINT
I posted this first in another thread, but thought it might be good on a separate thread:

You guys that use staff bags on carts, doesn't it block some of the pockets? Do you need adapters or something? I have a staff bag (awesome prize from the 2013 Open Championship contest) I don't have a man cave or any room for a display bag (and the legs on my stand bag are starting to go) so I'd like to use it. I've thought about putting it on a push cart but don't know a lot about them. And I don't want to mess up the bag (more than normal use).

Any tips and suggestions are welcome. (though I do have a budget) :D

I don't have a push cart, but that has crossed my mind for the future with my staff bag. So, I'll be interested in reading the responses. Good luck huhh!

Don't know if you consider a cart bag a staff bag or not but I have no problem with my cart bag at all!

I've got a mini staff and use it on a sun mountain quad wheel push cart. I can get into the side pockets ok. I can't get to the rear pocket but I don't keep anything in there anyway.

I have never owned a staff bag, but I was brosing the clicgear accessory catalog today and they sell an accessory for staff bags to fit better

I have a staff bag that is currently used to store old clubs and as a hat rack. I used it on my push cart for a couple rounds but I had 2 issues: Couldn't get to the rear pockets at all, and it was quite a bit heavier than my cart bag.

If anybody wants a Srixon staff bag hit me up as it isn't getting used.

I've used some of my staffers on my push cart. I've had no problems at all. I'm actually in the process of upgrading my cart & have a clicgear 3.5 on the way. The 'staff bag adapter' they sell makes the bag stand more straight up - no thanks.

I have a 9.5" top Titleist staffer that sits in the garage but I have used it on occasion with my clicgear 3.5+. There is only one pocket I have trouble accessing and it's one of the smaller, valuables pockets. There is the large garment pocket that winds up against the body of the cart, but being that there are two zippers, I just put both zippers on one side so I can access that pocket from the side if I need to, and thats only to get my rangefinder or a hat if it gets a little cold, but I don't carry much in it anyway. I don't normally use that bag as it's pretty big and kind of overkill but I would if my stand bag went out. Kind of dumb but I use a Sun Mountain Three 5 right now... carry bag on a push cart... lol. I can get to every pocket on that one though, but my advice would be to put the important things in the pockets you can always access while it's on the cart. Thats the upside to having so much room in those bags... you should be able to find a place for everything.

So you don't 'need' the adapter to physically fit the bag onto the cart? humm, that would keep the cost down.

I think it depends on the cart...some better than others for the staff bags. The Sun Mountain micro-cart I have does not have any issues accepting a staff bag nor does it block key pockets.

I have a Callaway Staff bag that I used on a push cart for a year. I just put it on sideways so I could get at all the accessory pockets. The only pocket it blocked was the large apparel pocket on one side. This wasn't an issue at all for me.

I use a TaylorMade staff bag from a contest here and use the pull carts that courses rent and I have never had an issue.

866a85a2ec0c0e8cb18836fec6729e6a.jpg

I do not have access to the back pocket but like others have said I don't really keep anything I need during the round in there. I also use the carry strap and wrap it around the bag and cart for a little extra support.

I'm with the other staff bag users in that I don't have a problem with mine on a push cart at all. It only blocks one pocket, but I don't really put anything in that pocket anyway. Anything that I will ever need during a round I keep in the other pockets and it's very accessible.

Very good info guys, thanks. I know it might be a bit of overkill and probably take up my whole trunk. But I like the bag and it's just sitting there right now. My stand bag is on it's last legs (literally) and getting a push cart, while not cheap, is cheaper than a whole new stand bag (a decent one anyway).

I posted this first in another thread, but thought it might be good on a separate thread:

You guys that use staff bags on carts, doesn't it block some of the pockets? Do you need adapters or something? I have a staff bag (awesome prize from the 2013 Open Championship contest) I don't have a man cave or any room for a display bag (and the legs on my stand bag are starting to go) so I'd like to use it. I've thought about putting it on a push cart but don't know a lot about them. And I don't want to mess up the bag (more than normal use).

Any tips and suggestions are welcome. (though I do have a budget) :D

I have a Ping Staff bag that I use occasionally on a push cart. I found that if I set the bag on its side on the cart I can access all the pockets except the ones on the two sides.

On my Bag Boy Quad Plus, the only pockets not accessible are the ones that aren't accessible on a riding cart (the back ones, where I keep a rain jacket , bug spray, sun block, etc).

ab09c252711479b4a27f131e65efd07b.jpg

I know it probably depends on the cart, but in general is balance or tipping over a concern, or do you not even think about it.

Back