2016 Bridgestone B330 Golf Balls Review Thread

Saturday I played my first round of the year with my golf coach. He seemed perplexed at the total lack of bite I was getting on the greens, and tells me that with the way I strike the ball I should be getting some good check-ups. This was immediately after I hit a shot that landing 3 yards short of the pin from about 100 yards out, only to watch it go careening off the back of the green. When I told him I have been using the cheap'o balls ever since I started playing five years ago he had a look on his face like "I get it now".

So I'm here trying to figure out what my next ball is going to be. I had always thought all this premium ball talk to be a bunch of marketing speak, but reading through these forums I get the sense that this couldn't be further from the truth.

I'm about 270-290 with the driver and 165-170 with my 7-iron using my current ball. I have never had my swing speed measured, but I assume this puts me in the 105+ range. So I decided the B330 would be a good place for me to start my search for a premium ball. But Amazon Japan only has Tour B330X and Tour B330S models for sale, no Tour B330 and no RX series.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/BRIDGESTONE...F8&qid=1459225808&sr=8-7&keywords=ブリヂストン+B330
http://www.amazon.co.jp/BRIDGESTONE...F8&qid=1459225808&sr=8-3&keywords=ブリヂストン+B330

Does anyone know if the JDM Tour B330X model is the US equivalent of the Tour B330?

With that distance, your driver swing speed is likely 110-115.

With that distance, your driver swing speed is likely 110-115.
His guess of 105 seems about right. I'm a 105-107 guy as of late and all my drives during fittings were in the 270-290 range, total distances. Now, a 110-115 is gonna get one 270-290 in CARRY alone.

The tour average swing speed is 113 with a carry of 269 and total distance of 289. Most amateurs don't achieve the 1.48 smash factor that pros do because they have neither the practice time nor the skill. My swing speed is 105-109 and the only way I would achieve your numbers are mid summer (and maybe with a tailwind). That would not be average, that would be my best shots.

Played '16 330s and 330rxs today. I bought the 330rxs thinking I had a 3 pack of 330. I marked them before I realized it. Played both. I am coming to love these golf balls. I played the rxs early in cool temps and the s as the day warmed up. Smooth, crisp, predictable. I was very pleased with these golf balls. Distance was solid and the spin off short irons and wedges gives great control. Terrific balls.

Played 18 with the RX today. Long off the tee and feels great off the putter. They also seem very durable, I have played the same ball for 36 holes now and no cuts or serious scuff marks that would make me want to take it out of play.

Played the B330 today, I am not really the target person for this ball but it sure works good for me when things are clicking. Nice on the greens and checks like crazy off the wedges. Off the Driver as long as any and seems to hold it's line real nice even in the wind.

RX again for me and just continue to be impressed in every facet with this ball. I need to get more

I've wanted to try the new B330-S for some time now and picked up some for a round Friday. They were great for me. I'm not going to say they were any better than previous years models or any longer. But they definitely held up well for me. I even hit a tree pretty hard with one and it came away unscathed. I hit a few cart paths as well without any tears/scuffs in the cover. The spin seemed great as I had a few wedge shots into greens that spun back 3-4 feet. And most short and mid irons hit and stopped close to their pitch marks.

I liked them so much that I decided they will be my 2016 gamer and immediately bought enough to get me through most of the year.

9A16E4A9-FF7B-4D31-A73D-B8763E048E31_zpsgntqhgdd.jpg

I have been using the RXS for years and love it but thinking of moving up to the 330s. My swing speed is under 105 but a friend said that the 330s is comparable to the pro V1 which I have also tried recently a couple of times and loved it. Want to stay with the bridgestones and wondering if anyone else has made this jump even though your sing speed is less than 105?

I am starting to love these golf balls. Wow. I have played the same b330s for at least 36 holes. It is getting some tee streaks but going strong. I don't know quite to to describe it. They just feel right and do everything they are supposed to do. I might check out the b300 just for kicks. I fully expect to play one b330 iteration for the rest of the year. Sold.

My first time with the "new" RX and I'm really liking the ball. I have different golf balls I generally play with. PV1, Duo & U, Chromesoft, and now the RX. Love the feel of the Duo on the greens, but the RX was just a bit better on my drives and irons and still had some softness on the wedge shots and on the greens. The RX just went to the head of the class in my preference.

Bought a dozen rx and a sleeve of the rxs. I think I fit into the higher ss balls but I like the feel of these. Played the rxs today and liked it. Distance was great but I wasn't getting any spin cause the greens were damp early in the morning. Hope to try the rx in the next couple days.

I know feel is different for everyone but can anyone compare the 330, 330s to the rx or rxs.

Bought a dozen rx and a sleeve of the rxs. I think I fit into the higher ss balls but I like the feel of these. Played the rxs today and liked it. Distance was great but I wasn't getting any spin cause the greens were damp early in the morning. Hope to try the rx in the next couple days.

I know feel is different for everyone but can anyone compare the 330, 330s to the rx or rxs.

feelwise, I can compare the RX and 330s. IMO, the S without question has a softer feeling cover/outer mantle layer. The RX has a strange, to me, feel to it. Kinda clicky/almost plasticky feeling off putter and chipping, soft on full shots yet still with a mildly audible click. The s definitely has a bit firmer feel on full shots, including driver and woods, but certainly not hard.
I'm really impressed by the performance of the RX but the feel is a bit of a turn off to me. That and the fact that the CS16 performs near identically for me(maybe a tiny bit less spin greenside, arguably) is the reason I settled on the CS for the season...if not for the updated CS, I'd certainly be playing the RX in spite of the strange to me feel.

Just started playing the 2016 B330 and they will be my ball for this year and probably beyond. I just picked some up with the GG $30 off coupon for purchases over $150. Works out to $37.50/dozen which will last me a few months.

Update: Durability is great with this ball and I've hit some real bombs with my driver lately. Too soon to say if it's the ball but I had 127 remaining on the the 435 18th hole yesterday. With no tailwind, this is the longest drive I've had on that hole in at least 3 years.

Last edited:
After playing my first couple of rounds this spring with some old E6 I've had siting around the house, I had picked up some RX and RXS to hopefully be able to demo if I can get out on the course for 9 tomorrow afternoon. I was really surprised by the tacky feeling of the SlipRes cover. I can honestly say I've never felt a golf ball like this before. Looking forward to being able to hit them for the first time.

Played the B330 today as I didnt have any RX left and played it rather well. It spins a bit more off the tee for me, due to compression, but still flies well. Around the green, all of their balls spin like crazy for me this year. The cover is seriously soft and makes getting aggressive rather easy.

Only played 7 holes due to time and wanting to work on some things but overall it was just another reminder of how much I like the new line.

Which of Bridgestones balls compare the closest to Chrome Soft ( my favorite ball)???

Which of Bridgestones balls compare the closest to Chrome Soft ( my favorite ball)???

B330 RX and RXS

B330 are solid offerings. You can't go wrong. I will admit that I do like the Chrome Soft as well.

My driver swing speed is in the 95-99mph range...so I picked up some RXS today. Lately I have been playing E6s...so looking forward to seeing the difference in short-game spin.

Holy crap is this a great ball! I've played the same ball for 3 rounds and it still looks new. Love the way it feels. And I get great spin with the RXS. #bestballever #FoSho

Played the new RX today. Very similar to the old one but maybe a bit longer off the tee. Played on really unforgiving greens today so I can't tell if it spins more or not. Pleased with the performance and durability so far. Will get a lot of golf in this coming week so it will get put thru the paces.

Played the new RX today. Very similar to the old one but maybe a bit longer off the tee. Played on really unforgiving greens today so I can't tell if it spins more or not. Pleased with the performance and durability so far. Will get a lot of golf in this coming week so it will get put thru the paces.

I've been itching to try the new ball but I've got 7 dozen left of the old one. Maybe the wife and daughter will get me a dozen for Fathers Day. I like the longer off the tee part.

First round with RXS ball and while it will definitely take some adjustment to get used to the cover and feel, it wasn't a bad ball

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back