THP Regional Rivalry - DC/MD/VA vs Carolinas Sponsored By True Temper

I just tried to relax today ... noticed I had a death grip on the club, so much so that my forearms ached after a couple of swings. Relaxing helped. I need to stop being so uptight I suppose. ;)

Yes you do. If you can't take a quick nap waiting for your bay at TopGolf, you're too uptight! :D

A graphic representation of the thread.

142b768dea1616263da8d779eb150076.jpg

Everyone was excited to get on these teams.....however it feels a little flat line now.

I guess as a Captain I'm failing to get you guys engaged?

So I will leave you with this. This is not my event, it's not Ron's event. Hell THP and True Temper were gracious enough to host the event, but it's not solely about them either. It's YOUR event! I said it's a marathon not a sprint....but I didn't expect to have grab the paddles to revive it at the 13 mile mark.

To the Carolina team.....expect to feel like the University which caries your team name felt recently when it's said and done!

#OWN125

I have to apologize Kev. I started a new position, and I am doing that along with my old one. A lot of changes, with limited help to say the least. I have been practicing, just haven't had time to post as much with being out on the road, then taking care of things in the store that didn't get handled while I was out! Just found out that next week I will be in training all week in Annapolis - the hits just keep coming lol.Good thing is I'm sure we'll get out early sometimes and I'll at least be able to get to Arundel Golf 2 or 3 times. After next week though, I will be out on the road full time, and things should settle quite a bit.
Really looking forward to the 23rd - and hopefully some warmer weather!

Watching golf last night and thinking about some of my rounds over the last year. Some players seem to be able to bounce back from a bad shot or bad hole quickly. this gets to something Kevin posted a thread on and something I have focused on over the last year with some success and sometimes not even close to accomplishing and that is the turning off the conscious mind.

do you have the ability to bounce back from a bad hole. Any different hdcp levels it can mean different things including related to the score. So if you end up with a bad hole do you have the ability to bounce back and if so how quickly? 1 hole, two holes, maybe not at all?

i know when I was playing well last year I could recover from a bogey or worse usually on the next hole. When I let my mind get in the way it may have taken me several holes if I did.

Watching golf last night and thinking about some of my rounds over the last year. Some players seem to be able to bounce back from a bad shot or bad hole quickly. this gets to something Kevin posted a thread on and something I have focused on over the last year with some success and sometimes not even close to accomplishing and that is the turning off the conscious mind.

do you have the ability to bounce back from a bad hole. Any different hdcp levels it can mean different things including related to the score. So if you end up with a bad hole do you have the ability to bounce back and if so how quickly? 1 hole, two holes, maybe not at all?

i know when I was playing well last year I could recover from a bogey or worse usually on the next hole. When I let my mind get in the way it may have taken me several holes if I did.
Right now, my bounce back rate (par or better after a bogey or worse) is around 15%. I'd like to increase that, though shooting bogey golf is my current target.

Well, out for 9 on Tuesday. Last time I struck the ball well but putted like crap. This time, I putted much better (back to 2.0 avg.) and struck the ball really solidly...

...unfortunately that was the big "ball" of earth, instead of the smaller golf ball. Lots of chunks...anything that wasn't a chunk was blown off the planet right (big push fade). At least it was consistent. Hit some pretty good wedge shots and my putter came back, I was actually impressed I was able to keep it to 53. The very next day I called and scheduled the last lesson of my pkg.

It's not until next Sunday but I'm tired of sucking and not knowing why. Mostly a good swing and a bad swing feel exactly the same, right up until I hit 6" behind the ball, or blast the dreaded push fade. I did manage to hit 3 fairways on Tuesday. Sadly, I was not playing those particular holes at the time I hit them. I think adjacent fw's should count for something though.

I have to apologize Kev. I started a new position, and I am doing that along with my old one. A lot of changes, with limited help to say the least. I have been practicing, just haven't had time to post as much with being out on the road, then taking care of things in the store that didn't get handled while I was out! Just found out that next week I will be in training all week in Annapolis - the hits just keep coming lol.Good thing is I'm sure we'll get out early sometimes and I'll at least be able to get to Arundel Golf 2 or 3 times. After next week though, I will be out on the road full time, and things should settle quite a bit.
Really looking forward to the 23rd - and hopefully some warmer weather!
No one should ever apologize for living their life and I am positive that is not what Kevin was going for. THP and this event are what you make it and what you want it to be. That will be different for everyone and only you can decide that no one else.

That said we have an awesome community and sponsor for this event that we need to show our love for. We all have a ton going on and no one expects life to stop and this event to be the only thing. On that note let's remember the amazing MVP trip that someone will be taking as well not to mention all the other amazing things going on right now on the forum.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

This is something I need to work on. If I start to play bad sometimes I check out mentally when I need to keep grinding.

I wonder if anybody in these regions will be submitting entry for The Grandaddy...
I know they don't venture out much, but only a couple of days left to get entry in for the 1st contest.

With the RR and a guys trip to Pinehurst next week I am good for the year.....or better yet my wife is good for the year. lol

I wonder if anybody in these regions will be submitting entry for The Grandaddy...
I know they don't venture out much, but only a couple of days left to get entry in for the 1st contest.

With the RR and a guys trip to Pinehurst next week I am good for the year.....or better yet my wife is good for the year. lol

The Grandaddy is a different animal, but I understand. I can assure you, if you were only allowed two trips and you got into the Grandaddy, not a single person here would say "No, stay in Regional Rivalry or Pinehurst".

Unless one does not like a full bag of clubs, fit by the best in the world, and then play one of the finest courses in the country and oh yeah, its all 100% free including airfare, hotel, food, etc. Basically the greatest golf event ever planned and if you are curious, ask the captain of the opposing team in here, his thoughts. :D

Then again, Im sure you are set with Pinehurst and RR :act-up:

I've given it thought......DAILY. Just wonder what that dream would look like. Oh wait yeah that's right. I've got a pretty good idea already. But you know I'm not apposed to a refresher to my memory banks.

The Grandaddy is a different animal, but I understand. I can assure you, if you were only allowed two trips and you got into the Grandaddy, not a single person here would say "No, stay in Regional Rivalry or Pinehurst".

Unless one does not like a full bag of clubs, fit by the best in the world, and then play one of the finest courses in the country and oh yeah, its all 100% free including airfare, hotel, food, etc. Basically the greatest golf event ever planned and if you are curious, ask the captain of the opposing team in here, his thoughts. :D

Then again, Im sure you are set with Pinehurst and RR :act-up:

Well, since you put it like that I may have to reconsider. It would be a dream come true to have the chance to participate in the event.

Thanks

Oh you know I am throwing my name in the ring just need some time to get the entry in. No way I am missing a chance at being on the Team that beats the Zoo Crew.

Well, since you put it like that I may have to reconsider. It would be a dream come true to have the chance to participate in the event.

Thanks

Dude I will tell you point blank. You can't plan a trip that even comes close to The Grandaddy. If you listened to The PODCAST's you low what I mean. Then I will tell you you can't find an Amateur golf event, or sporting event that can and will have the lasting effect on your life anywhere. Did I mention the cost is crazy! Just effing CRAZY

Why are you waiting? Get it done!

My entry is in for the first contest and if not selected in that one I will enter the next and so on.

My entry is in for the first contest and if not selected in that one I will enter the next and so on.

I feel the exact same way buddy!

Unmmmmmm. I put my entry in......like day 1. :act-up:

And for the rest of you guys, if you don't put an entry in....well. Thanks for making the odds better for me. :alien:

9i, second shot on #6 (par 4) from 117 out, a foot past the hole. Would have been birdie if not for being a practice round.

172e87796a433342a02c10e4994b456f.jpg

And I still can barely hit my 7i.

Talked to the teaching pro at the exclusive CC here in town. Will get online and book a lesson with him for two weeks from now. Going to get this done. In the meantime, working on a relaxed easy swing. Sometimes it works and the results are passable, other times all hell breaks loose.

Last edited:

Just submitted my entry, and if I'm not picked this time will continue to submit in all others.

Just submitted my entry, and if I'm not picked this time will continue to submit in all others.

Thats awesome brother. Good luck.

If I'm honest, I would say, I am not ready. If it were this Saturday, I would be in for a grind. I have not touched a club since last Thursday because of a lower back issue. I feel much better today and will be hitting the course for some chipping work. I may try to putt a bit, but standing over a putt bothers me more than a full swing when this lower back issue pops up on me. I'm certain by this weekend, I will be back to my normal play/practice routine. I guarantee, I will be ready for RR week and I am really looking forward to the practice round coming up in a couple of weeks. I am looking forward to meeting all you guy's and putting faces to names.

Do you stretch the hamstrings and quads? I have lower back issues and have been building my core like I'm in two a days. But more important I've been really making sure the hamstrings and quads are stretched. It has helped.

Only every opportunity we get!

Back