Recommend a Budget Graphite Shaft for Irons Please.....

Nalajr

Reaction score
Handicap
Hey all,

I'd like to put together a couple clubs to practice and get back into swinging again. I need a lightweight graphite shaft for either a 7, 8 or 9 iron. I'm not sure of the flex I'd require, but it is likely a REGULAR or Senior. I need to keep the price of the shaft under $40.

Can you all give me some shaft recommendations to check out? What do you all think would work well?

Also, I am not opposed to using a USED shaft as long as it's in good shape. Would it be hard to find a USED shaft that would fit my needs that I listed above? I assume that if I went with a USED shaft, I could jump up to a better quality shaft...correct?

Any help you can give me would be much appreciated.

Thank you.
Larry

Hey all,

I'd like to put together a couple clubs to practice and get back into swinging again. I need a lightweight graphite shaft for either a 7, 8 or 9 iron. I'm not sure of the flex I'd require, but it is likely a REGULAR or Senior. I need to keep the price of the shaft under $40.

Can you all give me some shaft recommendations to check out? What do you all think would work well?

Also, I am not opposed to using a USED shaft as long as it's in good shape. Would it be hard to find a USED shaft that would fit my needs that I listed above? I assume that if I went with a USED shaft, I could jump up to a better quality shaft...correct?

Any help you can give me would be much appreciated.

Thank you.
Larry

I am no shaft expert but you might look for a used club with a shaft you want to try instead of reshafting your existing clubs. Ebay is a good source for cheap used clubs. Good luck.

Hurricane golf has the graffaloy pro launch red and blue shafts for like 13.50.

Back