Callaway XR Pro Irons Preview Thread

The set AW is pretty awesome. You'd be amazed at how well it fits into it.

I'm looking for one now to find out, and I will be glad if it does because that leaves more options at the top of the bag.

I hit these at the range today and they just amaze me at how forgiving and easy to hit these are. They are giving my J15 Cast irons are big run for there money. I figured it would be mid summer before I would consider gaming these but I don't know if I can keep them out until then. My two sets are built way different and the XR Pros may just fit me better, right now I'm getting better results from a dispersion standpoint and distance. Good grief these are long.

I hit these at the range today and they just amaze me at how forgiving and easy to hit these are. They are giving my J15 Cast irons are big run for there money. I figured it would be mid summer before I would consider gaming these but I don't know if I can keep them out until then. My two sets are built way different and the XR Pros may just fit me better, right now I'm getting better results from a dispersion standpoint and distance. Good grief these are long.

Haha... yeah they're long.

I have only been able to play 3 rounds so far this spring, but I'm hitting these irons so well right now. Can't wait for good weather.

Still loving these irons! I left them to be adjusted to fit me at a local shop this evening. I can only imagine how much better they will be when fitted to my specs. I also had them order the A wedge in my specs, really looking forward to that!

Just finished my 5th round on these. Very happy with the performance. And sorry I forgot who posted it in here but they were right. More forgiving and a little farther than my Xhot pros. really stoked with my setup right now.

I got in a round with these today in some pretty stiff wind and they were fantastic! They're staying in the bag from here on out, I hit these better than any irons I've ever had hands down. I didn't have any bad shots with these today that I can remember.

does anyone one have the ust recoil shafts?
and how have you found them in the xrp irons?
I currently use regular flex steel, and looking at graphite options, mainly for the physical relief.

does anyone one have the ust recoil shafts?
and how have you found them in the xrp irons?
I currently use regular flex steel, and looking at graphite options, mainly for the physical relief.

I bought a set with recoil 684 stiff flex. Had tendinitis real bad in my elbow with a mizuno set I was fitted for. My elbow never hurts and I usually play or go to range 5 times a week. My dispersion is great and my distance is phenomenal. I'll never go back to steel shafts

I bought a set with recoil 684 stiff flex. Had tendinitis real bad in my elbow with a mizuno set I was fitted for. My elbow never hurts and I usually play or go to range 5 times a week. My dispersion is great and my distance is phenomenal. I'll never go back to steel shafts
Traditionally I have always had reg steel, if I went graphite, such as the steelfibre, do I go stiff to match the reg steel?

Traditionally I have always had reg steel, if I went graphite, such as the steelfibre, do I go stiff to match the reg steel?

The Steelfiber are a pretty stout shaft. Id go R there.

I am excited to get my first full round with my XR Pros in tomorrow. I've been liking what I've seen on the par 3 course I've been playing so far, so hoping for good things!

I am excited to get my first full round with my XR Pros in tomorrow. I've been liking what I've seen on the par 3 course I've been playing so far, so hoping for good things!
Excited to see how these work out for you tomorrow!

For those still gaming these, what is your opinion of the A wedge?
I only got 4-P and am wondering if I should get the set A wedge, or go with a different in 49-50 degrees.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

I just got the A wedge to replace my 50*. I'm a big fan of it so far and am happy with the change.

I agree with this
I have been on the website, programmed in my specs as per the swing fit process, and they recommend a S shaft?
I even changed flight paths from low, medium and high, and same result.
It also mentions a recoil 110 S ??
I typically hit a high ball.
Thoughts gents?

The Recoil 110s are a very good shaft.

I'm hoping mine are finished today. I'm really stoked about hitting them after the alterations.

Picked up my xrp's today. I have to say that if these aren't the perfect irons for me, then they are as close as I have ever been. I liked the 4i before having the adjustments made, and now it's just crazy good! I'll take straight, towering 4i shots all day long. Couldn't be more pleased with the whole set.
Callaway really outdid themselves with these irons!

Picked up my xrp's today. I have to say that if these aren't the perfect irons for me, then they are as close as I have ever been. I liked the 4i before having the adjustments made, and now it's just crazy good! I'll take straight, towering 4i shots all day long. Couldn't be more pleased with the whole set.
Callaway really outdid themselves with these irons!

What adjustments did they make?

Extensions and built up grips.

Ahh... Tall people clubs. lol

I bought a set standard length/lie. I played 2 rounds with them, but by looking at my divots I needed them bent upright. I went back to where I bought them, did an iron fitting and they ended up ordering me a whole new set 1* upright with soft stepped x stiff shafts. HUGE difference from the off the shelf models.

I'm not tall, just use a ten finger grip, not unlike a baseball grip. That's the reason for the adjustments.

Back