THP Regional Rivalry - NY/NJ vs New England - Sponsored By True Temper

I'm in for the Grandaddy, fingers are crossed that my name is called. I'm going to start making equipment moves tomorrow and into next week so my bag should be set soon (outside of the Cure putter coming in May).

My bag should be just about done. Just got to figure out the fairways and hybrid setup.

My bag should be just about done. Just got to figure out the fairways and hybrid setup.

I'm going shopping/trading tomorrow. I got both shafts in, now have to get heads and assembly completed. What are you thinking for FW/hybrids?

I'm going shopping/trading tomorrow. I got both shafts in, now have to get heads and assembly completed. What are you thinking for FW/hybrids?

I've got the Heavenwood coming, need something in the mini/3/4w range, then have to decide whether to keep the 3h and 4 in there.

I've got the Heavenwood coming, need something in the mini/3/4w range, then have to decide whether to keep the 3h and 4 in there.

That's similar to what I'm running now; 4w/heavenwood/4h.

Working on the dining for our Champions Celebration in this one. Should be a great post event time.

I know of a couple great Greek diners off the TP.

OITW, Scarnici, and I got out w Team Carolina (MBurnham) and played a few 6 hole matches with different partners.

Struck the ball pretty well and remembered how to putt on the back 9. Other guys looked good too. Christian and Alex were par machines over the last six.

Had a great time today and it was really fun playing those 6 hole matches

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was cold, but a blast getting out. Looking forward to doing it again

On this rainy morning, time to talk about Hole #3 at the Ranch

FL8dWOA.jpg

Playing 375 from the blues. "There is lots of room on the right side of the fairway. Avoid the bunkers on the left and you should have a short to mid iron into this elevated, narrow green."

In what's going to be a theme here, this hole is going to come down to the second shot and play on the greens. For those who have played there, add a few more traps and it's a hole that would fit in pretty well at True Blue.

Very elevated- J153H DPF 7/8i depending on pin placement

FL8dWOA.jpg

Playing 375 from the blues. "There is lots of room on the right side of the fairway. Avoid the bunkers on the left and you should have a short to mid iron into this elevated, narrow green."

In what's going to be a theme here, this hole is going to come down to the second shot and play on the greens. For those who have played there, add a few more traps and it's a hole that would fit in pretty well at True Blue.

Room to the right means driver for this guy hahaha

Driver over left edge of first trap with a little fade..should leave a wedge into the green.

Since the right side is open I'm definitely taking out driver. Should leave me a short approach.

There is more room on the right side than it looks like from the tee. Very tricky elevated green makes for a really fun hole

Aiming driver at the bunkers and letting it fade looks like a good plan here

Aiming driver at the bunkers and letting it fade looks like a good plan here

I thought the exact same thing as well. My miss is a fade so I'd aim at the bunkers and let 'er rip.

I'll jump on the fade spectrum miss and aim at the bunkers here and feel pretty good about it!

Weather starting to creep up this week, looks like golf will be back in my life! This early spring winter really sucked the life out of that nice weather stretch

Can't wait to get out there this weekend with some new toys in the bag.

Weather starting to creep up this week, looks like golf will be back in my life! This early spring winter really sucked the life out of that nice weather stretch

You and I both buddy!! I'll be logging some serious hours this week and weekend. Thursday starts Maddog's and mine league but I'm more looking forward to getting to and being a range rat again!

FL8dWOA.jpg

Thinking 5 wood to 9 iron or PW. I'd give myself some margin for error with the stock draw and aim away from the bunkers but I wouldn't take the complete bail out line either.

On that third hole Im trying to hug the bunkers and take off as much distance as I can for the approach shot.

Back